• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The myth of Jesse Owens

"Hitler didn't snub me—it was our president who snubbed me. The president didn't even send me a telegram."-Jesse Owens

Isn't it crazy how ingrained this myth is into the ethos of American society. Yet, it is completely false. There's no evidence to say that Hitler intentionally snubbed Owens or avoided him, he wasn't even at the stadium and only shook hands with German athletes hours before. It is a real shame that most americans don't know the actual feelings of Jesse. In fact, most reports say that the German crowd even cheered for him!
Defending Hitler now?

Not just Putin?

Nazi OP with nazi supporting posts.

This nazi thread is parading as a "history discussion". Only nazis could consider this thread a history discussion.

That interview with Owen's i seen, when in HS.

In other words, no reference at all. Completely fictional in other words.

If you are going to use a quote, you had better have a reference unless you want to be taken as a complete joke.

b34.jpg

Hitler was at the stadium..

What actually happened was that Hitler had been receiving some gold medal winners on the first day of the competition but the Olympic officials told him that he should receive all medal winners or none so he decided to receive none. So on the second day and for the rest of the Olympics Hitler received no medal winners and it was on the second day that Owens won his medals. So if Hitler snubbed Owens he snubbed every medal winner that didnt win a medal on the first day of competition. The story of Hitler snubbing Owens is a lie. It is also a lie that Hitler was embarrassed by Owens because Germany actually won the 1936 Olympics - winning far more medals than any other country. Owens said this about Hitler - “Hitler had a certain time to come to the stadium and a certain time to leave. It happened that he had to leave before the victory ceremony after the 100 meters. But before he left I was on my way to a broadcast and passed his box. He waved at me and I waved back.”

What most people do not know is that Hitler said this after seeing Owens win - "People whose antecedents came from the jungle were primitive’, Hitler said with a shrug; ‘their physiques were stronger than those of civilized whites and hence should be excluded from future Games.’” - Speers

Its a bit funny that if what Speers said was true then Hitler believed Africans to be physically superior to Teutons. HA! And who can argue? Look at the NBA and the NFL for example. Dominated by physically superior Africans.

But yes this myth that Hitler snubbed Owens or even that he was angry is part of The Big Lie ( No Goebbels didnt come up with it. Thats part of the Big Lie... ) that is used to create the narrative that USA was some kind of symbol of inclusivity leading up to WW2 as opposed to the racist Nazis when the truth is that USA was in fact far more racist at the time since they had segregation as well as rampant discrimination including towards Jews. It was perfectly legal for a job advertisement at the time in USA to say "Jews need not apply" or "No Jews" etc while in Germany Jessie Owens was free to use the same bathrooms as everybody else or ride on the bus and sit where he liked. The Germans even gave him a pair of adidas to run in because the shoes he had were crap. The owners of Adidas were Nazi Party members. The Nazis sponsored Jessie Owens and helped him win by giving him special shoes with long spikes.... And yes - the US President snubbed him. Hitler gave him a wave...

USA did not join the fight against the Nazis to save Jews... Or to help any other minority. And pre-WW2 USA was a more racist society than Nazi Germany.... You could argue that it was more racist after it too...

But yeah -

Propaganda....

Russians like Hitler now.

News at eleven.

Russians like Hitler now.

News at eleven.
I dont think he would have liked them.... Apparently a lot of Ukrainians like him too. Nazi Slavs. HA!

I dont think he would have liked them.... Apparently a lot of Ukrainians like him too. Nazi Slavs. HA!
I've heard that propaganda already.

I've heard that propaganda already.

8c2d48dafbc4a585a31e3db910a53f4e0e5dc370.jpg

I read something about the Nazi Party measuring peoples skulls. They thought that Slavs had round skulls. So if your head was too round it could be a problem. Because they didnt think a lot of Slavs apparently. Maybe these guys are descended from Vikings.

View attachment 67403114

I read something about the Nazi Party measuring peoples skulls. They thought that Slavs had round skulls. So if your head was too round it could be a problem. Because they didnt think a lot of Slavs apparently. Maybe these guys are descended from Vikings.
The nazis here in the US like Russians a lot, as they are paid to say nice things about their orange precious.

FDR was yet another racist progressive. The only reason he signed the GI bill was because he knew black vets wouldn't be able to benefit from it. Same thing with the NHA in the 1930s. Yet this racist piece of shit is still lauded by the political left to this very day.
Ya

Hoover was such a great second choice 🙄

Back
Top Bottom