• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Michael Jacson Trial

What's the verdict going to be?

• Guilty; History doesn't lie

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Not Guilty; He's just weird

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Not Guilty; He did it, but he'll get away with it

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • undecided

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • don't care

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
What will the verdict be, and what's your opinion?

I believe that the defense has put on a great case throwing doubt everywhere that there is evidence. I will be shocked if he does not get out. I do not think it is for us to assign blame when we haven't been presented the trial as jurors. Everyone is saying that he is guilty but will get off. That isn't for us to decide, only for the jury.

ShamMol said:
I believe that the defense has put on a great case throwing doubt everywhere that there is evidence. I will be shocked if he does not get out. I do not think it is for us to assign blame when we haven't been presented the trial as jurors. Everyone is saying that he is guilty but will get off. That isn't for us to decide, only for the jury.
I agree, just wanted to see what others thought about it.

Oddly enough I think some times we, the people on the outside, are more privy to the reality of the situation than those in the courtroom. The OJ trial for instance. But, in this case, I really think the evidence just fits to perfectly together. Not to mention the fact that he payed for them to be silent before. That, to me, is an absolute admitance of guilt. Why ask for a gag if your name is in question?

sebastiansdreams said:
Oddly enough I think some times we, the people on the outside, are more privy to the reality of the situation than those in the courtroom. The OJ trial for instance. But, in this case, I really think the evidence just fits to perfectly together. Not to mention the fact that he payed for them to be silent before. That, to me, is an absolute admitance of guilt. Why ask for a gag if your name is in question?
That is one of the aftereffects of the 24/7 media culture, we can get all the dirt on anyone with a name, we have round the clock coverage, and we can even be spectators in a trial miles away. This can be a problem though, ShamMol had a very good point, Jackson must be given the benefit of the doubt owed him under due process of law no matter public opinion, this is the jury's responsibility, but a new trend has come about of the public damning a famous or featured suspect before the closing statements are even uttered. :caution: We must keep an open mind and let the judicial protocol take it's course, regardless of our own opinions. But off the record, it doesn't look good in my own opinion, we shall see.

It's going to be interesting how the public reacts. That tends to always be a turn-off for me. Scott Peterson's case, for example. I thought he was guilty and should go to prison, but I wasn't cheering the decision when the jury found him so. The crowd's reaction outside the courtroom was pretty disgusting. Couldn't believe people were actually thrilled and clapping. Something almost sadistic about that. But, that's just me. I try to be civil in response to most things.

flip2 said:
It's going to be interesting how the public reacts. That tends to always be a turn-off for me. Scott Peterson's case, for example. I thought he was guilty and should go to prison, but I wasn't cheering the decision when the jury found him so. The crowd's reaction outside the courtroom was pretty disgusting. Couldn't believe people were actually thrilled and clapping. Something almost sadistic about that. But, that's just me. I try to be civil in response to most things.
About the Scott Peterson thing, I did not understand the cheering and such, I feel for all of the families, I am glad that justice is done, I firmly believe that they got the right man, and have no problem with his execution, however, this will not bring his wife and child back and this is the heart of the matter, no matter what they are gone and cannot be brought back, there should be no joy in this.

Although it's pretty likely that he did it, his weirdness does make him an easy target for a scam.

Back
Top Bottom