• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Merits of a Dislike Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron

Politically Correct
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Not sure if this is a feature even offered by the forum software. I guess the theory for not having a dislike button is that negative input is rude. However, I think we are far past that at this particular forum. I was thinking recently that a dislike button might actually be useful to cut down on at least some of the personal attacks and non-substantive responses to posts. Currently if you think a post is ridiculous the only option is to respond to the thread and say as much (or to ignore it, but many of us are incapable of that). A dislike button paired with the like button might also serve as a better barometer of the extent to which each post is approved by the forum community -- whereas a like button only tells half the story.

I can see some of the more in your face self righteous style posters using a high dislike count as a badge of honor.

Not sure if this is a feature even offered by the forum software. I guess the theory for not having a dislike button is that negative input is rude. However, I think we are far past that at this particular forum. I was thinking recently that a dislike button might actually be useful to cut down on at least some of the personal attacks and non-substantive responses to posts. Currently if you think a post is ridiculous the only option is to respond to the thread and say as much (or to ignore it, but many of us are incapable of that). A dislike button paired with the like button might also serve as a better barometer of the extent to which each post is approved by the forum community -- whereas a like button only tells half the story.
This has been discussed on a number of occasions. We will not be adding a Dislike button at this time(or probably ever) for a variety of reasons.

Moderator's Warning:
Question answered, closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom