• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The mental gymnastics of Trump supporters

"Waaaahh! They're gonna put me in jail if I don't buy insurance! Waaahh!"

:boohoo:

A fine. Get a grip. A relatively small fine at that. No audit, no jail time or threat of any such thing. Where do you get this stuff? Did you hear it on Infowars, or did you pull it out of your rear end?

:liar

He pulled it out of his rear end

You see bias from me? That's hilarious!

:lamo

Are you really so lacking in self awareness? You are one of the most biased users on this entire forum!

Good grief.

I do see bias - and delusion. Delusion is more serious in that the deluded have no clue of the error of their thinking.

"Waaaahh! They're gonna put me in jail if I don't buy insurance! Waaahh!"

:boohoo:

A fine. Get a grip. A relatively small fine at that. No audit, no jail time or threat of any such thing. Where do you get this stuff? Did you hear it on Infowars, or did you pull it out of your rear end?

:liar

I don't have to buy Obamacare. Congressional politicians do not have to buy the extremely overpriced ObamaCare craphealth plans they designed to force tens of millions of helpless non-elitists to have to buy whether they liked it or not. I just feel sorry for all those poor working stiffs who will be saddled with the high costs of government healthcare stupidity in entering the private health insurance market where it did not belong.

Wow, so much anger. That's a perfect indicator that Trump is doing exactly what we elected him to do. And yes, I am indeed evangelical.

You mean destroy the fabric of democracy in order to prepare society for the implementation of fascist theocracy?
Yeah, it's true...he is doing exactly what you elected him to do.
Just don't call yourselves patriots, or even any kind of American, or any kind of respecter of the Constitution, or even any respecter of Christianity.

Trump_Stormy_Evangel.jpg

You and your peers are just naked authoritarians, nothing more.

I am thankful the way things turned out, even if Trump was the least liked candidate the least number of voters wanted to lose.

I was surprised when I woke up on Wednesday after the election. I don't think most folks know how unique the 2016 election. Both candidates set the record for the lowest favorable/like of any major party candidate going back to 1964. That's when Gallup started to keep track of these things. Prior to both Trump and Hillary Clinton, Goldwater held the record for the lowest favorable rating of any presidential candidate at 46%. Both Hillary 38% and Trump 36% smashed Goldwater's record. How the two major party candidate with the lowest favorable/like/want were ever matched against each other, it seems an impossibility. Yet it happened. Here, for the record. Major Party presidential candidates favorable rating at the time of the election.

1964 LBJ 71%
1972 Nixon 66%
1976 Carter 63%
1984 Reagan 61%
1980 Reagan 59%
1968 Nixon 59%
1968 Humphrey 58%
2008 Obama 58%
2000 G.W. Bush 58%
1976 Ford 58%
2012 Obama 57%
1996 Bill Clinton 56%
2008 McCain 55%
2000 Gore 55%
1980 Carter 54%
1984 Mondale 54%
1988 G.H.W. Bush 53%
2004 G.W. Bush 52%
1992 Bill Clinton 51%
1996 Dole 51%
2004 Kerry 51%
2008 Romney 51%
1972 McGovern 50%
1988 Dukakis 50%
1992 G.H.W. Bush 46%
1964 Goldwater 43%
2016 Hillary Clinton 38%
2016 Donald Trump 36%

I do see bias - and delusion. Delusion is more serious in that the deluded have no clue of the error of their thinking.

And IMO you personify that remark.

Ah ... "Death Panels" Betsy.

That's on the insurance companies who decided not to play fair, not on Obama or the ACA. Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of the ACA. It was nearly a copy of Romneycare in Massachusetts, which was written by and for insurance companies. I did favor the Public Option that was proposed prior to the ACA, but follow the money here: if we allow every American to choose Medicare (for a reasonable price), who loses? The health insurance industry. And who has one of the biggest lobbying concerns on K Street? The insurance industry.

I also don't trust Betsy's numbers. She's known to exaggerate, especially where healthcare policies she doesn't like are concerned.

Thanks for at least providing something to back up your claim, though. It shows you have some integrity.

I was surprised when I woke up on Wednesday after the election. I don't think most folks know how unique the 2016 election. Both candidates set the record for the lowest favorable/like of any major party candidate going back to 1964. That's when Gallup started to keep track of these things. Prior to both Trump and Hillary Clinton, Goldwater held the record for the lowest favorable rating of any presidential candidate at 46%. Both Hillary 38% and Trump 36% smashed Goldwater's record. How the two major party candidate with the lowest favorable/like/want were ever matched against each other, it seems an impossibility. Yet it happened. Here, for the record. Major Party presidential candidates favorable rating at the time of the election.

1964 LBJ 71%
1972 Nixon 66%
1976 Carter 63%
1984 Reagan 61%
1980 Reagan 59%
1968 Nixon 59%
1968 Humphrey 58%
2008 Obama 58%
2000 G.W. Bush 58%
1976 Ford 58%
2012 Obama 57%
1996 Bill Clinton 56%
2008 McCain 55%
2000 Gore 55%
1980 Carter 54%
1984 Mondale 54%
1988 G.H.W. Bush 53%
2004 G.W. Bush 52%
1992 Bill Clinton 51%
1996 Dole 51%
2004 Kerry 51%
2008 Romney 51%
1972 McGovern 50%
1988 Dukakis 50%
1992 G.H.W. Bush 46%
1964 Goldwater 43%
2016 Hillary Clinton 38%
2016 Donald Trump 36%

It seems clear that those willing to be polled do not usually like government leaders.

Ah ... "Death Panels" Betsy.

That's on the insurance companies who decided not to play fair, not on Obama or the ACA. Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of the ACA. It was nearly a copy of Romneycare in Massachusetts, which was written by and for insurance companies. I did favor the Public Option that was proposed prior to the ACA, but follow the money here: if we allow every American to choose Medicare (for a reasonable price), who loses? The health insurance industry. And who has one of the biggest lobbying concerns on K Street? The insurance industry.

I also don't trust Betsy's numbers. She's known to exaggerate, especially where healthcare policies she doesn't like are concerned.

Thanks for at least providing something to back up your claim, though. It shows you have some integrity.

Like you, I do not trust biased sources and figures.

It seems clear that those willing to be polled do not usually like government leaders.

Not always. Although since Trump has become president, that seems to be the case. Take a look at our current government leaders favorable's among all Americans. President Trump 40%, VP Pence 37%, Speaker Pelosi 37%, Senate minority leaders Schumer 28%, Senate Majority Leader McConnell 25%. Questions 59A-F.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/3kv2h8ad3b/econTabReport.pdf

You can take it to Congressional political parties, Democrat congressional 38%, Republican congressional party 31%, Question 78A and B.

Now this hasn't always been the case. Trump is very unusual, his approval has been between 37%-46%. It seems events, major happenings, nothing really effects his approval more than a couple of points up or down. This is unheard of and hasn't been seen before. Every other president approval has been tied to what he did or didn't do, major events in the world and at home. But none of that effects how people view Trump. Take a look at how much fluctuation between highs and lows other presidents had.

Trump Highest 46% Lowest 37% Average 41%
Obama Highest 69% Lowest 38% Average 47.9%
Bush (G.W.) Highest 90% Lowest 25% Average 49.4%
Clinton Highest 73% Lowest 37% Average 55.1%
Bush (G.H.W.) Highest 89% Lowest 29% Average 60.9%
Reagan Highest 68% lowest 35% Average 52.8%
Carter Highest 75% Lowest 28% Average 45.5%
Ford Highest 71% Lowest 37% Average 47.2%
Nixon Highest 67% Lowest 24% Average 49.1%
Johnson Highest 79% Lowest 35% Average 55.1%
Kennedy Highest 83% Lowest 56% Average 70.1%
Eisenhower Highest 79% Lowest 48% Average 65.0%
Truman Highest 87% Lowest 22% Average 45.4%

Every other president has had an approval rating at least in the 60% range at sometime during his presidency, most have reached into the 70's. Trump hasn't as of yet hit 50%. He's pretty much had a straight line on job approval. Now that is interesting. That tells me that there is much more going on with Trump than the job he has done and is doing or events taking place. We've never been so divided and polarized politically as a nation as we are today.

Not always. Although since Trump has become president, that seems to be the case. Take a look at our current government leaders favorable's among all Americans. President Trump 40%, VP Pence 37%, Speaker Pelosi 37%, Senate minority leaders Schumer 28%, Senate Majority Leader McConnell 25%. Questions 59A-F.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/3kv2h8ad3b/econTabReport.pdf

You can take it to Congressional political parties, Democrat congressional 38%, Republican congressional party 31%, Question 78A and B.

Now this hasn't always been the case. Trump is very unusual, his approval has been between 37%-46%. It seems events, major happenings, nothing really effects his approval more than a couple of points up or down. This is unheard of and hasn't been seen before. Every other president approval has been tied to what he did or didn't do, major events in the world and at home. But none of that effects how people view Trump. Take a look at how much fluctuation between highs and lows other presidents had.

Trump Highest 46% Lowest 37% Average 41%
Obama Highest 69% Lowest 38% Average 47.9%
Bush (G.W.) Highest 90% Lowest 25% Average 49.4%
Clinton Highest 73% Lowest 37% Average 55.1%
Bush (G.H.W.) Highest 89% Lowest 29% Average 60.9%
Reagan Highest 68% lowest 35% Average 52.8%
Carter Highest 75% Lowest 28% Average 45.5%
Ford Highest 71% Lowest 37% Average 47.2%
Nixon Highest 67% Lowest 24% Average 49.1%
Johnson Highest 79% Lowest 35% Average 55.1%
Kennedy Highest 83% Lowest 56% Average 70.1%
Eisenhower Highest 79% Lowest 48% Average 65.0%
Truman Highest 87% Lowest 22% Average 45.4%

Every other president has had an approval rating at least in the 60% range at sometime during his presidency, most have reached into the 70's. Trump hasn't as of yet hit 50%. He's pretty much had a straight line on job approval. Now that is interesting. That tells me that there is much more going on with Trump than the job he has done and is doing or events taking place. We've never been so divided and polarized politically as a nation as we are today.

This is how God described the world in which we would find ourselves living in during the last days:

7. Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Jude

If that doesn't accurately describe homosexual pervert hatred for Trump I don't know what does. Not only that but modern widespread disrespect for law enforcement and government officers was also predicted 2000 years ago in that passage.

This is how God described the world in which we would find ourselves living in during the last days:

7. Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Jude

If that doesn't accurately describe homosexual pervert hatred for Trump I don't know what does. Not only that but modern widespread disrespect for law enforcement and government officers was also predicted 2000 years ago in that passage.

I didn't say so in my first post, but I have always believed it is Trump's obnoxious, uncouth personality and his very unpresidential behavior that has brought on the huge dislike, hate if you will of him. His persona is more like a wrestler out of the WWE than president. That turns a lot of people off, grates on them. One doesn't or would never expect Democrats to love him. he is of the other party and beat their queen in the 2016 election.

Now independents are different. It is independents that gave Trump the White House by voting for him by a 46-42 margin over Hillary, 12% voted third party. Just after Trump inauguration at the end of January 2017, independents viewed Trump with a 48/24 favorable/unfavorable rating. Today those number are 37/53 favorable/unfavorable. A drop of 11 points in the favorable column, a whopping rise of 29 points in the unfavorable.

This is strange since if one goes over Trump's policies, his stances on issues, independents are fairly split on those. For some, against some. If it were issues, events, policy that mattered to them one would expect more or less a 50-50 split or a 50/50 favorable/unfavorable. It's Trump's personality that drives people away from him, not his policies or what he does or doesn't do as president. This is especially true among independents, the non to less partisan, the non-political party affiliated.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the bible or biblical prophesy. Living in the end times, that very well could be. The dislike of Trump, that I attribute to Trump himself and how he acts, more like a schoolyard bully at times, more like a five year old whose parents failed to teach him any manners when he throws his temper tantrums via twitter and calls others names. Especially among independents who in essence aren't pro or anti Trumpers.

Back
Top Bottom