• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The link between white supremacy and mass shootings

Leftists wont care about the facts...they have demonstrated that. Someone has already told them what and how to think.

Leftists wont care about the facts
He literally shared a meme. A ****ING MEME. FACTS?! FACTS!?!?! I don't want to ever see you type the word facts again.

Here are the FACTS. From an actual academic paper.
This analysis makes several arguments. First, far-right terrorism has significantly outpaced terrorism from other types of perpetrators, including from far-left networks and individuals inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda. Right-wing attacks and plots account for the majority of all terrorist incidents in the United States since 1994, and the total number of right-wing attacks and plots has grown significantly during the past six years. Right-wing extremists perpetrated two thirds of the attacks and plots in the United States in 2019 and over 90 percent between January 1 and May 8, 2020. Second, terrorism in the United States will likely increase over the next year in response to several factors. One of the most concerning is the 2020 U.S. presidential election, before and after which extremists may resort to violence, depending on the outcome of the election. Far-right and far-left networks have used violence against each other at protests, raising the possibility of escalating violence during the election period.
In 14 of the 21 years between 1994 and 2019 in which fatal terrorist attacks occurred, the majority of deaths resulted from right-wing attacks. In eight of these years, right-wing attackers caused all of the fatalities, and in three more—including 2018 and 2019—they were responsible for more than 90 percent of annual fatalities.
1652806542930.png
This rise in right-wing activity is of national concern; it is not isolated to one region and affects cities of varying sizes. Figure 3 shows the locations of right-wing terror attacks and plots in the United States over the past six years. These incidents occurred in 42 states, Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico.
1652806601678.png
Our data suggest that right-wing extremists pose the most significant terrorism threat to the United States, based on annual terrorist events and fatalities.

He literally shared a meme. A ****ING MEME. FACTS?! FACTS!?!?! I don't want to ever see you type the word facts again.

View attachment 67391317

View attachment 67391319

Nice map, I have one also:

Map of left wing killings in the United States since 2014 ( in blue)

1652807110097.png

Nice map, I have one also:

Map of left wing killings in the United States since 2014 ( in blue)

View attachment 67391322
I am begging, pleading with you, to cite any data that shows there are more left wing mass shootings than right wing mass shootings. Please in the name of all that is holy and good in this world do not "cite" another meme to "back up" your point. I can only suffer so much anti-intellectualism.

There is no link between white supremacy and mass shootings.

I recognize some of the faces - I'm going through every story on 2021's mass shootings*. So far with year to date 2022 data, whites are responsible for about 10.8% of the causalities, which is 81% lower than their population would suggest. As one might expect, "other races" make up the difference.

*as defined by the MSM as 4+ causalities, even if they are only injured

Here are the FACTS. From an actual academic paper?
What was the total number of homicides committed by right wing terrorists and terrorism as a whole in the last say, 15 years in the US?

I am begging, pleading with you, to cite any data that shows there are more left wing mass shootings than right wing mass shootings. Please in the name of all that is holy and good in this world do not "cite" another meme to "back up" your point. I can only suffer so much anti-intellectualism.
"The divide is racial as well. Among the cases examined by The Times were 39 domestic violence shootings, and they largely involved white attackers and victims. So did many of the high-profile massacres, including a wild shootout between Texas biker gangs that left nine people dead and 18 wounded.
Over all, though, nearly three-fourths of victims and suspected assailants whose race could be identified were black. Some experts suggest that helps explain why the drumbeat of dead and wounded does not inspire more outrage."

View attachment 67391317

View attachment 67391319

🤣

You shit yourself, then posted some idiotic tangent that literally had **** all to do with the topic.

pay attention in this thread. you'll be able to identify white supremacists (if there are any here).

What was the total number of homicides committed by right wing terrorists and terrorism as a whole in the last say, 15 years in the US?
Looks to be about 112...though I guess you can add 10 to that given the recent shooting...

I am begging, pleading with you, to cite any data that shows there are more left wing mass shootings than right wing mass shootings.
It would really be funny if it wasn't sad.
I'm sorry, but given the uncompromising struggle against right-wing and ultra-right movements, the demonization and marginalization of especially financially unsecured right-wingers... this is not surprising. As if terrorism usually stems from where the dictate is directed, in the case of the United States it is a political and social dictate... you are reaping the fruits of your actions.
You reduce people to the level of animals, brand them, shame them... and are you surprised that animals bite?

then posted some idiotic tangent that literally had **** all to do with the topic.
The topic was if there is a connection between White Supremacy and mass shootings. OP posted a MEME as evidence (which you agreed with and claimed leftists couldn't handle the "facts"), I cited an actual study. Seems directly related to the topic to me.

View attachment 67391317

View attachment 67391319

Quickly changes the topic from mass shootings to terrorism because that‘s how civil debate is supposed to work. ;)

I wish there was a forum rule against that type of trolling.

Trolling is a diversionary tactic of those who “deliberately exploit tendencies of human nature or of an online community to upset people” or those “who post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages” to disrupt normal on-topic discussions.’”

The topic was if there is a connection between White Supremacy and mass shootings. OP posted a MEME as evidence (which you agreed with and claimed leftists couldn't handle the "facts"), I cited an actual study. Seems directly related to the topic to me.
🤣

Horseshit. The topic was an expose of the idiot lefts attempts to frame every 'mass shooting' as an incident of white supremacy, and YOU shit yourself and tried to turn the topic into a thread on terrorism.

The anti-gun leftists LOVE to throw around the extreme numbers regarding mass shootings. Fine...but if they are going to do thsat, then they have to own that the VAST majority of mass shootings in this country are perpetrated on of and by black males. Those are simply the facts. I get it....you dont want to talk about those facts. You are proving my point.

You want to have a discussion on terrorism...great...start a thread.

Quickly changes the topic from mass shootings to terrorism because that‘s how debate is supposed to work. ;)
He said "White Supremacy". There IS a link between White Supremacy and mass shooters. White Supremacists don't commit regular "bar fight where guns were drawn" mass shootings, the commit mass shootings intended to be terror attacks. There is an undeniable link between White Supremacy and mass shootings.

Horseshit. The topic was an expose of the idiot lefts attempts to frame every 'mass shooting' as an incident of white supremacy, and YOU shit yourself and tried to turn the topic into a thread on terrorism.
The thread claimed there is no link between White Supremacy and mass shootings. Clearly there is. I demonstrated that there is. Not my problem that White Supremacists mass shootings tend to be terror attacks as well.

The anti-gun leftists LOVE to throw around the extreme numbers regarding mass shootings.
I'm pro gun.

Looks to be about 112...though I guess you can add 10 to that given the recent shooting...
So the domestic terrorist risk is actually quite small, with fewer victims over the last fifteen years than lightning strikes (434), bathtubs (6,742) or falling out of bed (12,780). To be frank, domestic terrorism is a very, very small risk to Americans, given that 4,565 died from choking on their own vomit in the last 15 years.

The thread claimed there is no link between White Supremacy and mass shootings. Clearly there is. I demonstrated that there is. Not my problem that White Supremacists mass shootings tend to be terror attacks as well.

I'm pro gun.
🤣

No...it didnt. It stated that there is no link to mass shootings and white supremacy...and thats backed up by the fact that over 80% of the mass shootings are perpetrated by minorities. Stop trying to torture a topic into your argument. You just ****ed up...deliberately or otherwise. Admit it and move on.

Again...you want to start a topic on terrorism...I'd gladly join you. You might be surprised how much we would agree with there. This topic aint that.

There is no link between white supremacy and mass shootings.

View attachment 67391304
And there is no relationship to whites supporting gun confiscation either...except when it came to confiscating guns from black people.

1990 Virginia-Poor citizens singled out for gun ban in Virginia. U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia upheld a ban imposed by the Richmond Housing Authority on the possession of all firearms, whether operable or not, in public housing projects.

1988 Illinois- Poor citizens singled out for gun ban in Illinois. Starting in late 1988, the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) and the Chicago Police Dept. (CPD) enacted and enforced an official policy, Operation Clean Sweep, which applied to all housing units owned and operated by the CHA.

1988 Maryland- Fifth "Saturday Night Special" economic handgun ban passes. Ban on "Saturday Night Specials," i.e. inexpensive handguns, passes.

1968 United States- Gun Control Act of 1968 passed. Avowed anti-gun journalist Robert Sherrill frankly admitted that the Gun Control Act of 1968 was "passed not to control guns but to control Blacks."

1941 Florida- Judge admits gun law passed to disarm black laborers. In concurring opinion narrowly construing a Florida gun control law passed in 1893, Justice Buford stated the 1893 law "was passed when there was a great influx of negro laborers in this State....The same condition existed when the Act was amended in 1901 and the Act was passed for the purpose of disarming the negro laborers....The statute was never intended to be applied to the white population and in practice has never been so applied...". Watson v. Stone, 148 Fla. 516, 524, 4 So.2d 700, 703 (1941) (GMU CR LJ, p. 69)

View attachment 67391317

View attachment 67391319

Well if you just arbitrarily define certain violence as motivated by hate and that other ones dont count you can make a case that the people you dont like are over-represented in this special category of crimes youre allowed to care about.

But if you measure violence instead by bodies stacked a very different picture emerges:

One you will either deny or tell me I shouldnt care about. At least not as much as the violence you can use to silence your critics. But you strike me as a "its racist to care about this at all" kind of guy.

So the domestic terrorist risk is actually quite small, with fewer victims over the last fifteen years than lightning strikes (434), bathtubs (6,742) or falling out of bed (12,780). To be frank, domestic terrorism is a very, very small risk to Americans, given that 4,565 died from choking on their own vomit in the last 15 years.

And there is no relationship to whites supporting gun confiscation either...except when it came to confiscating guns from black people.

1990 Virginia-Poor citizens singled out for gun ban in Virginia. U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia upheld a ban imposed by the Richmond Housing Authority on the possession of all firearms, whether operable or not, in public housing projects.

1988 Illinois- Poor citizens singled out for gun ban in Illinois. Starting in late 1988, the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) and the Chicago Police Dept. (CPD) enacted and enforced an official policy, Operation Clean Sweep, which applied to all housing units owned and operated by the CHA.

1988 Maryland- Fifth "Saturday Night Special" economic handgun ban passes. Ban on "Saturday Night Specials," i.e. inexpensive handguns, passes.

1968 United States- Gun Control Act of 1968 passed. Avowed anti-gun journalist Robert Sherrill frankly admitted that the Gun Control Act of 1968 was "passed not to control guns but to control Blacks."

1941 Florida- Judge admits gun law passed to disarm black laborers. In concurring opinion narrowly construing a Florida gun control law passed in 1893, Justice Buford stated the 1893 law "was passed when there was a great influx of negro laborers in this State....The same condition existed when the Act was amended in 1901 and the Act was passed for the purpose of disarming the negro laborers....The statute was never intended to be applied to the white population and in practice has never been so applied...". Watson v. Stone, 148 Fla. 516, 524, 4 So.2d 700, 703 (1941) (GMU CR LJ, p. 69)
🤣

Those 'bans' were instituted by democrats, many of them black. Or do you get the sense that republicans are somehow running Chicago, DC, etc?

No...it didnt. It stated that there is no link to mass shootings and white supremacy...and thats backed up by the fact that over 80% of the mass shootings are perpetrated by minorities.
It's not my problem if you conceptualize that an issue can be multifaceted. For example if we are looking at data for car crashes and you smugly claim "there is no link between drunk driving and car crashes" then point at the data showing 75% of car crashes are caused by distracted driving...I would be correct in calling you a clown for ignoring that there IS a link between drunk driving and car crashes. The fact that other factors can cause car crashes doesn't mean that there is no link between drunk driving and car crashes.

Similarly, claiming that there is no link between White Supremacy and mass shootings, just because we ALSO have a broader issue of gun violence and gang violence is also very silly. There is a clear and demonstrable link. The only person who would avoid such a link is one trying to claim that race is the main factor in making someone a mass shooter.

Yep, yet your link made no mention of mass shootings (or even mass casualties) and considers a “foiled plot” (aka with ZERO victims) to be equivalent to an actual terrorist attack. Of those under 900 terror “events” 57% were planned or carried out by white folks which under represents white (alone) folks who are about 76% of the US population.

Back
Top Bottom