• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Latest: 1,200 Alabama students home after positive test

The same reason you're asking me about the reasoning of millions of other people?
idk

Could it be related to Trump associating the word "hoax" with concerns about covid?

That was a step in the wrong direction.
[ obviously ]

Are you able to acknowledge that?
Or do you still think that concerns about covid are a hoax?

Well, good on you for realizing Trump was spouting reckless bull****.

Many Trumpco customers believed Trump that covid was no big deal.
So, they did not make necessary changes.

Trump is blamed for things like
  • telling lies and spreading disinformation
  • telling people covid was not a big deal,
  • telling people that covid would go away "like magic",
  • telling people that concerns about covid were a hoax,
  • telling people that wearing a facemask was a sign of disloyalty,
  • telling people that Americans should violate public health rules,
  • etc.

So, in addition to failing to do what needed doing,
Trump set about making the pandemic worse for America

Do you often talk about having Daddy wipe bottoms?
Is it a regular thing for you?

It seems like a non sequitur.
but w/e
you do you

Exactly!

When Trump told his customers that concerns about covid were a political hoax,
everything started going downhill.

You twist things any way you wish. The President did not say covid is a hoax...
Let's no longer derail this thread topic.. take it elsewhere, eh?

This isn't about the President.
It's about a large percentage of the electorate want a Daddy to tell them what to do. Maybe those 'adulting' classes are needed by more than college age adults.

So, this is what we got:

corona_US_v_EU_30_July 19.jpg

Please tell our listening audience how your explanation ties to that chart. Let me help you. It doesn't.

We received the uniquely pathetic results we received because we did not have a coordinated response to this. We did not have a coordinated response because the President did not do his job. All he had to do was lead, follow or get out of the way. He chose not to lead or follow, but chose instead to get IN THE WAY, confusing the issue rather than clarifying.

That we have trashed the economy and caused this much pain and suffering over this virus is horrible. What they are doing to the children now is unconscionable.

We trashed the economy because we f..'d the response. Our leader did not lead or follow, but chose to get in the way. He rushed a re-opening before the spread was calmed down. Had he not done so, we would like be rebounding much like Europe and Asia. The chart above is the problem well illustrated.

Last edited:
You twist things any way you wish. The President did not say covid is a hoax...
Speaking of twisting,
I did NOT say trump said covid was a hoax.

I said Trump said concerns about covid were part of a hoax.

The Democrats were getting all worked up over something that would only see 15 Americans get sick, remember?

The Democrats were getting all worked up over something that would go away like magic, remember?

The Democrats were sounding the alarms about covid when covid was no big deal, remember?

That was the hoax.

Shirley, you can understand that concerns about disease are different than the disease itself, yes?

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but still applicable here:

The worldwide coronavirus pandemic has turned out to be "slightly worse than a bad flu year," former New York Times reporter Alex Berenson, an outspoken critic of stay-at-home orders and other responses to the virus, tweeted Wednesday.

In a six-tweet thread, Berenson described the pandemic as a "creation of the media/technology complex" before emphasizing that he did not mean the virus is "not real or was bioengineered."

BERENSON CALLS OUT MEDIA OVER 'COMPLETE FAILURE' TO QUESTION 'EXPERTS' ABOUT CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWNS

"Aside from a couple of weeks in a handful of cities worldwide - including, sigh, the world’s media capital [New York City], the overall effects of this epidemic have essentially been impossible for the average person to see without a microscope," he wrote.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
I’m increasingly convinced that #SARSCoV2 is a creation of the media/technology complex. (NO - I do not mean it’s not real or was bioengineered.) What I mean is: aside from a couple of weeks in a handful of cities worldwide - including, sigh, the world’s media capital...
8:36 AM · Aug 12, 2020

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
I’m increasingly convinced that #SARSCoV2 is a creation of the media/technology complex. (NO - I do not mean it’s not real or was bioengineered.) What I mean is: aside from a couple of weeks in a handful of cities worldwide - including, sigh, the world’s media capital...
8:36 AM · Aug 12, 2020

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
Aug 12, 2020
Replying to @AlexBerenson
Why are we counting deaths this way? We’ve never done this for any other illness. Never. And there are lots of reasons, but maybe the most important is that we’re doing this largely because we can - because the technology now exists to aggregate these counts almost instantly.
Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
And then both conventional and social media are blasting out these figures not just every day but every second - from the @cnn deathmeter to @nytimes heatmaps to everyone screaming on Twitter. True story: at this point #SARSCoV2 worldwide is slightly worse than a bad flu year...
8:47 AM · Aug 12, 2020

"Hospitals are not overflowing. Bodies are not piling up in the streets. Most of us will never know anyone under 55 (65? 70?) who has died of COVID," added Berenson, the author of "Unreported Truths about COVID-19 and Lockdowns."

Berenson went on to accuse the media of an "obsessive - almost sordid - fascination with death counts, updated in real-time and presented without context."

"Why are we counting deaths this way?" he asked. "We’ve never done this for any other illness. Never."

Berenson specifically cited the Times for its "heat maps" of COVID cases and what he called CNN's "deathmeter", as well as "everyone screaming on Twitter," for instilling the sense that the pandemic is worse than it is.

In truth, Berenson claimed, "the 700,000 people it [coronavirus] has killed worldwide are less than half the number who have died or traffic accidents OR diarrhea OR tuberculosis this year, less than 2% of all deaths.

"There has never been anything like this before, but not because of the virus."
By Charles Creitz | Fox News

Well, I guess that either I'm not an "average person" or I use a microscope because what I see is

20-08-12 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID.jpg

20-08-12 A4 - G8+China NORMALIZED.jpg

20-08-12 B1 - COVID vs Other Causes.JPG

20-08-12 C2 - 7 Day Average Chart.jpg

20-08-12 C5 - Mortality Index.jpg
amongst other things that the forum graphics/post limit precludes including.

Smallpox ran it's course until we found a way to defeat it...
I heard somewhere, don't know as fact, Smallpox has come around again as has polio,
bubonic plague, dengue fever, hantavirus ... still running the course...

covid is here for the duration; we'll find a way to lessen it but not by hiding in basements and cowering behind protective garments that will only lengthen it's strongest activity.

defeatest? oh hell no ! people like me go toe to toe with the problem while others cower and cry for daddy to save them.
welllll,that was a bit harsh.. but sometimes I want to yell, " Stand up and Fight dammit !"
You have your way of fighting, I have mine. -shrug-
Enjoy your day Luce

The last naturally occurring case of Smallpox was in 1980. There have been cases since that date, but they have been the results of laboratory accidents.

you silly thing you. Thank you very much for the compliment that I can speak to your specific level.
That learned ability has served well over the decades.

I wish you'd up it to about 10th grade. Reading elementary school level stuff is boring. At least 10th graders are a little interesting.

Speaking of twisting,

The Democrats were getting all worked up over something that would only see 15 Americans get sick, remember?

The Democrats were getting all worked up over something that would go away like magic, remember?

The Democrats were sounding the alarms about covid when covid was no big deal, remember?

That was the hoax.

Shirley, you can understand that concerns about disease are different than the disease itself, yes?

tsk tsk, The President did not say that either.

Looky heah Simon.... let's stay on topic .. remember what that is?
The Latest: 1,200 Alabama students home after positive test...

If you prefer to bitch about the President start a different thread...
derailing this is not the right thing to do to the OP

tsk tsk, The President did not say that either.

Looky heah Simon.... let's stay on topic .. remember what that is?
The Latest: 1,200 Alabama students home after positive test...

If you prefer to bitch about the President start a different thread...
derailing this is not the right thing to do to the OP

If I were a Trump supporter, I deny Trump said those things too.

They were awful, stupid, and recorded.

So, this is what we got:

View attachment 67291261

Please tell our listening audience how your explanation ties to that chart. Let me help you. It doesn't.

We received the uniquely pathetic results we received because we did not have a coordinated response to this. We did not have a coordinated response because the President did not do his job. All he had to do was lead, follow or get out of the way. He chose not to lead or follow, but chose instead to get IN THE WAY, confusing the issue rather than clarifying.

We trashed the economy because we f..'d the response. Our leader did not lead or follow, but chose to get in the way. He rushed a re-opening before the spread was calmed down. Had he not done so, we would like be rebounding much like Europe and Asia. The chart above is the problem well illustrated.

I have concern about the disease ..
with no patience for idly placing blame because such a large number of the populace
are peeing themselves in fear and wanting to blame anyone other than themselves for their own lack of decision making ability.
Let's not derail the thread.

If one person would infect two others, then the number of people infected would be

DAY 1 - 1

DAY 2 - 2

DAY 3 - 4

DAY 4 - 8

DAY 5 - 16

DAY 6 - 32

DAY 7 - 64

DAY 8 - 128

DAY 9 - 256

DAY 10 - 512

DAY 11 - 1,024

DAY 12 - 2,048

DAY 13 - 4,096

DAY 14 - 8,192

If each person infects another 24 hours after becoming infected themselves then a total of 16,833 people would have been infected in two weeks. 1,200 is not "extreme".

And they tell 2 friends. And they tell 2 friends. And they tell 2 friends.

Speaking of twisting,

That was the hoax.

It's reassuring to know you stand by your signature...
Let's not derail this thread.

I wish you'd up it to about 10th grade. Reading elementary school level stuff is boring. At least 10th graders are a little interesting.

okay, I'll do that just for you. :peace

I heard somewhere, don't know as fact, Smallpox has come around again.

Smallpox has been eradicated.

covid is here for the duration; we'll find a way to lessen it but not by hiding in basements and cowering behind protective garments that will only lengthen it's strongest activity.[/quote

defeatest? oh hell no ! people like me go toe to toe with the problem while others cower and cry for daddy to save them.

So you go toe-to-toe without doing anything?

Smallpox has been eradicated.

So you go toe-to-toe without doing anything?

Don't be silly, Luce.
I often do something in a different manner than others. During my visitation on this planet, my way has well served me and those within my Venn diagram.
great day to ya' Luce

From Associated Press

The Latest: 1,200 Alabama students home after positive test

MOULTON, Ala. — More than 1,200 students at two Alabama schools will begin the year at home after a person connected with both schools tested positive for COVID-19.

While 12 other Lawrence County schools planned to begin traditional classes Wednesday, Superintendent Jon Bret Smith told the Decatur Daily that students from the elementary and middle schools in Moulton, located in north Alabama, would start the academic year taking classes online.

Education officials learned Monday that a person linked to both schools had tested positive for the disease caused by the coronavirus. State health officials recommended delaying the reopening by two weeks. Combined, the schools have more than 105 workers.
School officials notified 10 people who were in contact with the person. Computers are being distributed for online classes.
___

HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE VIRUS OUTBREAK:

COMMENT:-

Fortunately, or so it appears, this was discovered before any of those kids were actually exposed. Keep your fingers crossed.

NOTE:- The link is to a "rolling page" and new items are constantly being added to the top of the page.​

Fingers crossed.

send that one person home.

The 2009 H1N1 started with one person. They all start with one person. It's the idiot Red state govs that don't follow guidelines that then let the virus spread and kill thousands more after reopening against guidelines.

The 2009 H1N1 started with one person. They all start with one person. It's the idiot Red state govs that don't follow guidelines that then let the virus spread and kill thousands more after reopening against guidelines.

A gentle reminder: china virus
New York, New Jersey, Conn; Mass; Michigan, R.I, Maryland, Del; D.C, California, Wash. state,
and many others? Blue States aren't they ?

you may want to avoid H1N1, you won't like those numbers under a different President.

A gentle reminder: china virus
New York, New Jersey, Conn; Mass; Michigan, R.I, Maryland, Del; D.C, California, Wash. state,
and many others? Blue States aren't they ?

you may want to avoid H1N1, you won't like those numbers under a different President.

I don't know what you're saying. You didn't say.

Since you mentioned the H1N1 epidemic, you should know that the the latest version of the currently operative, officially sanctioned, "Team Trump" approved, White House issued, truth-of-the-day is

Looking back into history, the response by the ObamaBiden team to the H1N1 Swine Flu was considered a weak and pathetic one. Check out the polling, it’s really bad. The big difference is that they got a free pass from the Corrupt Fake News Media!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 18, 2020

That should be put into a bit of perspective.

During the H1N1 epidemic, the US had 12,469 deaths (that's the "official" CDC number [the CDC actually says that the number is between {a low of} 8,886 and {a high of} 18,306]).

Now if a death toll of 12,469 is indicative of a response that was

"a weak and pathetic one",

what is a death toll of 175,119 (roughly 14 times 12,469) indicative of?

I can't think of any ranking lower than

"abysmally and abominably incoherent and inept to the point of almost not being a response at all",

but possibly someone with more facility in the English language than I have can help out here.

Last edited:
Since you mentioned the H1N1 epidemic, you should know that the the latest version of the currently operative, officially sanctioned, "Team Trump" approved, White House issued, truth-of-the-day is

Looking back into history, the response by the ObamaBiden team to the H1N1 Swine Flu was considered a weak and pathetic one. Check out the polling, it’s really bad. The big difference is that they got a free pass from the Corrupt Fake News Media!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 18, 2020

That should be put into a bit of perspective.

During the H1N1 epidemic, the US had 12,469 deaths (that's the "official" CDC number [the CDC actually says that the number is between {a low of} 8,886 and {a high of} 18,306]).

Now if a death toll of 12,469 is indicative of a response that was

"a weak and pathetic one",

what is a death toll of 175,119 (roughly 14 times 12,469) indicative of?

I can't think of any ranking lower than

"abysmally and abominably incoherent and inept to the point of almost not being a response at all",

but possibly someone with more facility in the English language than I have can help out here.

Unlike the H1N1 figure, it's indicative of a death toll yet finalized and still growing with no end in sight. I'm sure there can be found enough verbiage in Trump's 200 word command of the English/American language to help out here, somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom