• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Latest: 1,200 Alabama students home after positive test

And it's only going to get worse

First we had to worry about "Russia's Attack on America". Then we had to worry about "China's Attack on America". Mow we have to worry about "Bubonica's Attack on America" as well.

That's not new . I ran into the bubonic plague 20 years ago in Az. IF I correctly recall it was also found in Nev, N.Mex., and Colo. .. along with dengue fever and hanta virus.
Those who choose to live with trepidation and panic are able to do so if they casually look around.

Then, maybe, it's time to consider doing it differently.

Or would that involve actually abandoning the three actually operating fundamentals of "American democracy":

1. voter suppression;
  2. gerrymandering;
    and
  3. the supremacy of "gET HIm re-eleCted Somehow" and "MOre Retirement And financiaL benefitS for me" in political discourse

and therefore make it something that simply cannot be done as it is contrary to 'The ***A*M*E*R*I*C*A*N*** Way'?

I haven't seen voter suppression since about 1970 outside a pocket or two interestingly in the northern area of the country.
I'm far from a being a man of piety but it seems when anything about god was removed from society,
those few mores and ethics went away also.
No country or politics is any bastion of virtue save for those trying to act as such and in nearly all cases it is an act.

If they were all separated, fewer people would've been affected.

That's the nature of contagion.

:shrug:

Separation is not the panacea as evidenced by cats in separate locations testing positive for the virus.
The nature of contagion is that it must run it's course as all virus have done so. While it's doing that we will find a way to lessen the severity over time.
Ain't no magical instantaneous answer to this no matter how many expire.
This shutdown was to be temporary. Not to end the spread but to slow the spread. We have done that; it's time to return to everyday living...
School shut downs ? goofy. We didn't shut down schools for Polio and it mainly infected youth.
It ran it's course; we found a way to lessen it's severity to near extinction but it still shows up.

Separation is not the panacea as evidenced by cats in separate locations testing positive for the virus.
afaIct, the argument made was that separation would reduce the number of people affected by exposure.

Did someone else argue it was a panacea?

The nature of contagion is that it must run it's course as all virus have done so.
bulleffen****
We didn't just let Ebola run it's course in the US cause that's "the nature" of contagion
We didn't just let SARS run it's course in the US cause that's "the nature" of contagion
We didn't just let a zillion other viruses run it's course in the US cause that's "the nature" of contagion

It's the nature of humans to deal with threats.
Humans take active measures to eradicate viruses.
That is how viruses go away.

This shutdown was to be temporary. Not to end the spread but to slow the spread. We have done that.
bulleffen****

The idea was that we would keep the lockdown until we reached a certain rates of positivity and other measures.
We ended the lockdown before we reached our goals.

We didn't shut down schools for Polio and it mainly infected youth.
It ran it's course; we found a way to lessen it's severity to near extinction but it still shows up.
So effen what?

If polio and covid are not same thing,
why should we treat them as if they're the same thing?

tf?

All this craziness is because republican governors (We all know who they are) opened up their states before they had met any of the CDC guidelines and refuse to order mask mandates. they all have blood on their hands standing next to the Covidiot in Chief. Shame on all of them.

Deaths and massive illness could have been avoided in the southern states. It all started with Kemp. He is a loser.

Ducey is even guiltier, because he knew what would happen.

Kemp has the brains of a small kitchen appliance, I don't hold him to quite the same standard.

The nature of contagion is that it must run it's course as all virus have done so.

If that was the case, we'd still have smallpox around.

You guys really are defeatist as hell.

afaIct, the argument made was that separation would reduce the number of people affected by exposure.

Did someone else argue it was a panacea?

bulleffen****
We didn't just let Ebola run it's course in the US cause that's "the nature" of contagion
We didn't just let SARS run it's course in the US cause that's "the nature" of contagion
We didn't just let a zillion other viruses run it's course in the US cause that's "the nature" of contagion

It's the nature of humans to deal with threats.
Humans take active measures to eradicate viruses.
That is how viruses go away.

bulleffen****

The idea was that we would keep the lockdown until we reached a certain rates of positivity and other measures.
We ended the lockdown before we reached our goals.

So effen what?

If polio and covid are not same thing,
why should we treat them as if they're the same thing?

tf?

Ebola and sars were no problem in this country.

Polio was considerably worse.

You are incorrect. The lock down was to flatten the curve (slow the spread) to assure medical facilities could handle the catastrophe that did not happen.

Hiding away whimpering and playing the blame game cannot be classed active measures.

Slightly off topic but still applicable here:

The worldwide coronavirus pandemic has turned out to be "slightly worse than a bad flu year," former New York Times reporter Alex Berenson, an outspoken critic of stay-at-home orders and other responses to the virus, tweeted Wednesday.

In a six-tweet thread, Berenson described the pandemic as a "creation of the media/technology complex" before emphasizing that he did not mean the virus is "not real or was bioengineered."

BERENSON CALLS OUT MEDIA OVER 'COMPLETE FAILURE' TO QUESTION 'EXPERTS' ABOUT CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWNS

"Aside from a couple of weeks in a handful of cities worldwide - including, sigh, the world’s media capital [New York City], the overall effects of this epidemic have essentially been impossible for the average person to see without a microscope," he wrote.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
I’m increasingly convinced that #SARSCoV2 is a creation of the media/technology complex. (NO - I do not mean it’s not real or was bioengineered.) What I mean is: aside from a couple of weeks in a handful of cities worldwide - including, sigh, the world’s media capital...
8:36 AM · Aug 12, 2020

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
I’m increasingly convinced that #SARSCoV2 is a creation of the media/technology complex. (NO - I do not mean it’s not real or was bioengineered.) What I mean is: aside from a couple of weeks in a handful of cities worldwide - including, sigh, the world’s media capital...
8:36 AM · Aug 12, 2020

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
Aug 12, 2020
Replying to @AlexBerenson
Why are we counting deaths this way? We’ve never done this for any other illness. Never. And there are lots of reasons, but maybe the most important is that we’re doing this largely because we can - because the technology now exists to aggregate these counts almost instantly.
Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
And then both conventional and social media are blasting out these figures not just every day but every second - from the @cnn deathmeter to @nytimes heatmaps to everyone screaming on Twitter. True story: at this point #SARSCoV2 worldwide is slightly worse than a bad flu year...
8:47 AM · Aug 12, 2020

"Hospitals are not overflowing. Bodies are not piling up in the streets. Most of us will never know anyone under 55 (65? 70?) who has died of COVID," added Berenson, the author of "Unreported Truths about COVID-19 and Lockdowns."

Berenson went on to accuse the media of an "obsessive - almost sordid - fascination with death counts, updated in real-time and presented without context."

"Why are we counting deaths this way?" he asked. "We’ve never done this for any other illness. Never."

Berenson specifically cited the Times for its "heat maps" of COVID cases and what he called CNN's "deathmeter", as well as "everyone screaming on Twitter," for instilling the sense that the pandemic is worse than it is.

In truth, Berenson claimed, "the 700,000 people it [coronavirus] has killed worldwide are less than half the number who have died or traffic accidents OR diarrhea OR tuberculosis this year, less than 2% of all deaths.

"There has never been anything like this before, but not because of the virus."
By Charles Creitz | Fox News

Ebola and sars were no problem in this country.
Exactly so.

That's because it untrue that "contagion ... must run it's course as all virus have done so" as you said.

Those are viruses which did not "run their course" because humans took action to deal with threats.

Polio was considerably worse.
You agree that it is something different which we encountered under different conditions, yes?
If you do, then we're justified in treating covid differently than we treated polio.

You are incorrect. The lock down was to flatten the curve (slow the spread) to assure medical facilities could handle the catastrophe that did not happen.
Tell it to the White House
who issued guidelines for re-opening.
Opening Up America Again

They issued guidelines so American's could tell when it was time to open back up.
We opened up w/o meeting the guidelines.

This is the result.

Hiding away whimpering and playing the blame game cannot be classed active measures.
exactly.
So knock it off and get with the program.

Help America deal w/ the threat of covid
instead of pretending America is helpless to deal with this threat

This isn't about the President.
It's about a large percentage of the electorate want a Daddy to tell them what to do. Maybe those 'adulting' classes are needed by more than college age adults.

They are not doing what they are told, they were already doing what is smart. In fact they are the ones that have pressured the government(S) to scold and send to the corner the Covidiots that refuse to use their pea brains and wear a friggin' mask.

If that was the case, we'd still have smallpox around.

You guys really are defeatist as hell.

Smallpox ran it's course until we found a way to defeat it...
I heard somewhere, don't know as fact, Smallpox has come around again as has polio,
bubonic plague, dengue fever, hantavirus ... still running the course...

covid is here for the duration; we'll find a way to lessen it but not by hiding in basements and cowering behind protective garments that will only lengthen it's strongest activity.

defeatest? oh hell no ! people like me go toe to toe with the problem while others cower and cry for daddy to save them.
welllll,that was a bit harsh.. but sometimes I want to yell, " Stand up and Fight dammit !"
You have your way of fighting, I have mine. -shrug-
Enjoy your day Luce

:roll: One person tested positive..... ONE person...

The Big10 and PAC-12 cancelled 2020 football but Trump and the red-state governors see nothing wrong with packing schools with kids in states with high COVID rates.

Stupid is as stupid does. Too bad the kids are pawns.

Exactly so.

That's because it untrue that "contagion ... must run it's course as all virus have done so" as you said.

Those are viruses which did not "run their course" because humans took action to deal with threats.

You agree that it is something different which we encountered under different conditions, yes?
If you do, then we're justified in treating covid differently than we treated polio.

Tell it to the White House
who issued guidelines for re-opening.
Opening Up America Again

They issued guidelines so American's could tell when it was time to open back up.
We opened up w/o meeting the guidelines.

This is the result.

exactly.
So knock it off and get with the program.

Help America deal w/ the threat of covid
instead of pretending America is helpless to deal with this threat

There were 11 cases of Ebola in the U.S not all quarantined.
Polio Is a Virus.
I'm not hiding in the basement wishing for a hazmat suit.
I'm not blaming any one man for being unable to stop a force of nature ...
are you?

They are not doing what they are told, they were already doing what is smart. In fact they are the ones that have pressured the government(S) to scold and send to the corner the Covidiots that refuse to use their pea brains and wear a friggin' mask.

The masks don't afford protection that most seem to believe. Wear it but don't believe it's the preventative that many want.

The Big10 and PAC-12 cancelled 2020 football but Trump and the red-state governors see nothing wrong with packing schools with kids in states with high COVID rates.

Stupid is as stupid does. Too bad the kids are pawns.

Politics doesn't affect a virus,,, aren't Cali. and New York opening schools too...

I'm not blaming any one man for being unable to stop a force of nature ...
are you?
No one's blaming Trump "being unable to stop a force of nature"
That's just bull**** Trumpco noise machine sold you

fyi, fwiw

Trumpco doesn't take returns, but you can still throw out the bull****.
You don't have to hold on to it.

Trump ****tup by not encouraging Americans to do the right thing
Trump is blamed for failing to lead.
Trump is blamed for encouraging people to flout public health guidelines

Trump is blamed for failing to take simple basic steps to change human behavior using his bully pulpit.
( and for various other functional failings )

fyi, fwiw

Trumpco doesn't take returns, but you can still throw out the bull****.
You don't have to hold on to it.

Trump ****tup by not encouraging Americans to do the right thing
Trump is blamed for failing to lead.
Trump is blamed for encouraging people to flout public health guidelines

Trump is blamed for failing to take simple basic steps to change human behavior using his bully pulpit.
( and for various other functional failings )

Your list is the perfect example of blaming others for not telling adults what those adults should already know. Why didn't adults take all those simple steps on their own?
I didn't need told; why do so many others..
Do today's "adults" need daddy to hold their hands?
lead them to the bathroom?
wipe their bottoms?

The sad thing here is this is no longer about solving a disease problem..
It's politics; politics alone that gets in the way.

That's how it's adding up ... throughout the world
see my post #58 with a NYT reporter's comments.

That we have trashed the economy and caused this much pain and suffering over this virus is horrible. What they are doing to the children now is unconscionable.

Your list is the perfect example of blaming others for not telling adults what those adults should already know. Why didn't adults take all those simple steps on their own?
The same reason you're asking me about the reasoning of millions of other people?
idk

Could it be related to Trump associating the word "hoax" with concerns about covid?

That was a step in the wrong direction.
[ obviously ]

Are you able to acknowledge that?
Or do you still think that concerns about covid are a hoax?

I didn't need told
Well, good on you for realizing Trump was spouting reckless bull****.

Many Trumpco customers believed Trump that covid was no big deal.
So, they did not make necessary changes.

Trump is blamed for things like
  • telling lies and spreading disinformation
  • telling people covid was not a big deal,
  • telling people that covid would go away "like magic",
  • telling people that concerns about covid were a hoax,
  • telling people that wearing a facemask was a sign of disloyalty,
  • telling people that Americans should violate public health rules,
  • etc.

So, in addition to failing to do what needed doing,
Trump set about making the pandemic worse for America

; why do so many others..
Do today's "adults" need daddy to hold their hands?
lead them to the bathroom?
wipe their bottoms?
Do you often talk about having Daddy wipe bottoms?
Is it a regular thing for you?

It seems like a non sequitur.
but w/e
you do you

The sad thing here is this is no longer about solving a disease problem..
It's politics; politics alone that gets in the way.
Exactly!

When Trump told his customers that concerns about covid were a political hoax,
everything started going downhill.

That we have trashed the economy and caused this much pain and suffering over this virus is horrible. What they are doing to the children now is unconscionable.

yeahhhhh, what is happening today, with young folk particularly, combined with what I've observed over the last 50 years makes me wanta' dig out my custom designed tin-foil hat.
What the populace is becoming is disgraceful. People have and are becoming more fearful and cowardly. People have lost their spine; they have no grit. The children are learning to be timid sheep.
Sunny days to ya' R,

From Associated Press

The Latest: 1,200 Alabama students home after positive test

MOULTON, Ala. — More than 1,200 students at two Alabama schools will begin the year at home after a person connected with both schools tested positive for COVID-19.

While 12 other Lawrence County schools planned to begin traditional classes Wednesday, Superintendent Jon Bret Smith told the Decatur Daily that students from the elementary and middle schools in Moulton, located in north Alabama, would start the academic year taking classes online.

Education officials learned Monday that a person linked to both schools had tested positive for the disease caused by the coronavirus. State health officials recommended delaying the reopening by two weeks. Combined, the schools have more than 105 workers.
School officials notified 10 people who were in contact with the person. Computers are being distributed for online classes.
___

HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE VIRUS OUTBREAK:

COMMENT:-

Fortunately, or so it appears, this was discovered before any of those kids were actually exposed. Keep your fingers crossed.

NOTE:- The link is to a "rolling page" and new items are constantly being added to the top of the page.​

School kids sent home from school because of the spike in Alabama. Roy Moore be steady working the malls again. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom