• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The last three weeks

That's not direct power, it's indirect.

It is pure democracy if people listen to the protesters and make laws that favor equality. Unfortunately, as a democratic republic, we have a bunch of selfish representatives who do not listen to them.

It is now exactly three weeks before Election Day. Hopefully many DP members have voted already, but here is a reminder to everyone else: Barack Obama once said, "Vote as if your life depends on it, because it does." That could never be more true than it is now. Whether you are on the left side or right side or somewhere in the middle, we can all agree the most important thing to do before the end of Tuesday, November 3 is this:
I phone-banked over the weekend to get out the vote in NC and plan to do it again for swing states each weekend. It's pretty fun and interesting.

I phone-banked over the weekend to get out the vote in NC and plan to do it again for swing states each weekend. It's pretty fun and interesting.

Just to encourage voting or for a specific candidate?

My neighbor is very active in the county's Democratic Party. She knows people who know the candidates for local and state races through her work with the organization, which includes phone banking.

Already, we have a higher voter turnout than in 2016. It doesn't make a big change now, but in the future, once more non-US-citizens start moving into the US, the percentage of voter turnout might be much less even though the number of voters is more. If people want the percentage to rise, then they have to make laws such that non-citizens that reside in the US (like me) have a right to vote, but I would prefer that those votes should count less than the vote of a US-citizen.

Already, we have a high voter turnout. It doesn't make a big change now, but in the future, once more non-US-citizens start moving into the US, the percentage of voter turnout might be much less even though the number of voters is more. If people want the percentage to rise, then they have to make laws such that non-citizens that reside in the US (like me) have a right to vote, but I would prefer that those votes should count less than the vote of a US-citizen.
I won't call it high turnout until 75% or more of the voting age population votes.

And yes, I mean population, not registered voters.

Higher, though, I'll agree on.

I won't call it high turnout until 75% or more of the voting age population votes.

And yes, I mean population, not registered voters.

Higher, though, I'll agree on.
I would agree. I will change it to the voter turnout being higher already than it was in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom