• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The illegal Downing Street Christmas Party

Sven Karma

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
War on Christmas
The day before the Met police announced that they had broken up a wedding party (of a similar size to the Downing Street one) yet they stood outside 10 Downing Street and did nothing. One law for the masses.

FGB9GFJX0A4Wd0w

The bigger worry is what kind of heinous shit are they getting away with by having this albeit egregious disregard for the public drip feed into the media?

Oops. Tory MPs getting angry messages from constituents asking if they were at the party is not going to help BoJo.

I'm fairly sure my MP wasn't there. He's still keeping his head down since he sent a threatening letter to a businessman who'd fallen out with his dad. It was written on House of Commons notepaper!

I'm fairly sure my MP wasn't there. He's still keeping his head down since he sent a threatening letter to a businessman who'd fallen out with his dad. It was written on House of Commons notepaper!
What is he doing here?

1638916213266.jpeg

Checking the timeline, the party was a month after Dominic Cummings left his job. Amazing to think that BoJo's Poundland Keith Joseph was actually the adult in the room.

Last edited:
Last night the "Corporatisation of the NHS" bill was passed to the House of Lords under cover of this furore.

moreover
Although the UK famously does not have a written constitution, NHS England does. Spelled out in that constitution is a commitment to the existence of a “comprehensive service, available to all” which “belongs to the people”, where service provision is based on need, “not an individual’s ability to pay”.
Just imagine the kind of society we would have if such principles were extended to all public services and areas of public life. Unfortunately, these principles are not shared by Tory MPs, who are tearing up the NHS’s constitution with their corporate takeover bill.

corporate takeover

Luverlee :rolleyes:

So now adviser-to-the-PM Allegra Stratton has resigned, citing as reason her remarks of mockery at a "mock" (sic) press conference held over the party having taken place (or not) and finding subsequent criticism.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59584736

Of course, in character with the whole lying bunch of No. 10 scums, she did not address the "alleged" party itself.

One may presume that the only ones in the public truly surprised by this whole (yet another) shit game are those that have remained ignorant (often by choice) of the life-long record of the current PM, namely one of bluster, tomfoolery, cheating and pathological lying. Which poses no mystery over what kind of people he would employ to hoist him into the saddle, nor what kind of people he would then reward with positions in or around the gubmint.

Where the very same would then conduct themselves exactly as expected by anyone with half a brain.

Anyone who would, just as one example, assign as brainless a half-wit as Nadine Dorries to any position of relevance can really cause no surprise to anyone in having assigned this here twit as well.

Except to those that are equally brainless.

And that's just for starters.

She was always going to be the fall-guy as soon as we saw her face on the clip. While not admitting there was a party, Johnson has made a Johnson apology.
"Sorry, not sorry, somebody else's fault..."

Last edited:
She was always going to be the fall=guy as soon as we saw her face on the clip. While not admitting there was a party, Johnson has made a Johnson apology.
"Sorry, not sorry, somebody else's fault..."
Well, even Teflon deteriorates under stress after some time.

In this case I fear though that it won't happen in my time.

now adviser-to-the-PM Allegra Stratton has resigned,

She was always going to be the fall-guy

Boris Telfon continues to be his "Brexit" honeymoon. Sadly the push to make him answer is going to fall on party lines and any motion of no confidence will easily be defeated because of simple minded loyalty. We laughed at Americans for 6th January when an insurrection couldn't be addressed by both political parties but now we will have our own shame.

The hard right will defend the guy who brought about Brexit until he is expendable even while the country loses confidence in his leadership.

He's about to hold a press conference to announce new Covid restrictions. Him of all people! He should be informing Parliament first.

"Do as I say, not as I do"
He's about to hold a press conference to announce new Covid restrictions. Him of all people! He should be informing Parliament first.
comedy gold his response to the question over others (Stratton) taking responsibility over "what happened in this room" while he does NOT.

We now have it on record that he takes responsibility for not only that, but for everything tha thappens even in the government.

Rumors that he's going to take the opportunity presented in the rest of the evening to consequently shoot himself, do however, remain unfounded.:ROFLMAO:

Plan B = new lockdown.

Why no plan B 2 months ago when there also was 50k a day infections.. or last month? or 3 months ago?

I dunno if the plan B announcement is a distraction from a party a year ago, or is the party a distraction on a much worse situation in the UK than the government numbers show?

Boris Telfon continues to be his "Brexit" honeymoon. Sadly the push to make him answer is going to fall on party lines and any motion of no confidence will easily be defeated because of simple minded loyalty. We laughed at Americans for 6th January when an insurrection couldn't be addressed by both political parties but now we will have our own shame.

The hard right will defend the guy who brought about Brexit until he is expendable even while the country loses confidence in his leadership.
I think that Britain has had its own shame ever since hoisting this piece of pond scum into the PM seat. All subsequent "events" serving as mere confirmation.

comedy gold his response to the question over others (Stratton) taking responsibility over "what happened in this room" while he does NOT.

We now have it on record that he takes responsibility for not only that, but for everything tha thappens even in the government.

Rumors that he's going to take the opportunity presented in the rest of the evening to consequently shoot himself, do however, remain unfounded.:ROFLMAO:

He seems to be the only person not invited to the "non-" party in his apartment! Poor Boris no-mates!

He seems to be the only person not invited to the "non-" party in his apartment! Poor Boris no-mates!
We modeled on your system in 1787, right?

Once again leaving chaos in his wake:

You lads heard Reece Moggs speech at the party? ****ing fuming

Yeah, speaking of pond scum 😡

For those that haven't heard his latest demonstration of contempt for the public:--------------------->

If you look at Reese-Moggs mug you can see what kind of disgusting excuse for a humanity it is, and when you hear him speak that is confirmed 100%.

Back
Top Bottom