• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[NSFW] The Funny Pictures Thread II [W:287,1020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GiMm.jpg

I only missed 9, 12, 17:confused:

I use #8 a lot, but my humor is seldom appreciated.
I don't get #12. Oct = 8, Dec =10, but 8+31= 39 and 10 + 25 = 35. There must be something I'm missing.

A brain?

Just kidding that was the one I did not grok as well.

Pics:

funny-picture-372352202.jpg

funny_sex_male_brain-s642x447-117585-580.gif

Being in the IT field, I use Binary (base 2) and Hexadecimal (base 16), a lot. So understanding Octodecimal is base 8 comes easy.

In Octo, there is no 8 or 9, 8 (decimal) is 10 (octo), and 9 (decimal) is 11 (octo). The numbering goes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 20...

Cary it upwards, and 31 in octo is 25 in decimal numbering.

hex-600x379.jpg

Huh. I thought only binary was used

Buddhism is about being one with everything

Octal numbering 31 = Decimal numbering 25

trying to explain Sartre will aggravate my headache.

maybe they should cum with instructions
maybe they should cum with instructions.jpg

I don't get #12. Oct = 8, Dec =10, but 8+31= 39 and 10 + 25 = 35. There must be something I'm missing.

I Googled. The joke's about the octal numbering system.

Being in the IT field, I use Binary (base 2) and Hexadecimal (base 16), a lot. So understanding Octodecimal is base 8 comes easy.

In Octo, there is no 8 or 9, 8 (decimal) is 10 (octo), and 9 (decimal) is 11 (octo). The numbering goes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 20...

Cary it upwards, and 31 in octo is 25 in decimal numbering.

A brain?

Just kidding that was the one I did not grok as well.

Huh. I thought only binary was used

Buddhism is about being one with everything

Octal numbering 31 = Decimal numbering 25

trying to explain Sartre will aggravate my headache.

Nope, we use both. In fact, if you want you can use Hex or Decimal in most IP addresses.

255 = 11111111 = FF

In IP4, we generally use Decimal because it is easier to describe. But in IP6, it is in Hexadecimal.

Nerds.

:mrgreen:

It took me a minute to get #3 and #4. I still don't get #11

A plumber would say "union-ize", normally being part of a Union.

A chemist would say "un-ion-ize", because he would see it as relating to an ion.

Obligatory picture:

chemistry-fail3.jpg

9: I, too, get a headache trying to understand, let alone explain, Sartre.
12: Well explained by Oozelfinch and Spudmiester. I should have gotten it before, but now it's clear.
17: It's a play on words. Make me one with everything, i.e., one with the universe; make me one hot dog with everything on it.

OK, then, back on track:

tatoo.jpg

If you use your engineering calculator (go to start -> all programs -> accessories -> calculator). Change view to scientific. Change the calc to Oct and put in 31. Then press the dec button...it becomes 25.

tumblr_lrym7ocZWb1r0nbj1o1_400.jpg

http://www.funnysign.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/******s_bitches1.jpg

17. A Buddhist monk approaches a hot dog stand and says "make me one with everything". The hot dog vendor says, "That'll be $5.75" and hands the Buddhist monk the hot dog.

The monk gives the vendor a $10 bill. The vendor says "Thanks, have a nice day."

Surprised the monk says, "Hey, where's my change."

The vendor looks at the monk and smiles, "Change comes from within."

17. A Buddhist monk approaches a hot dog stand and says "make me one with everything". The hot dog vendor says, "That'll be $5.75" and hands the Buddhist monk the hot dog.

The monk gives the vendor a $10 bill. The vendor says "Thanks, have a nice day."

Surprised the monk says, "Hey, where's my change."

The vendor looks at the monk and smiles, "Change comes from within."

and hope comes from within as well. scaffold.jpg

This is what happens when you fail to write your instructions down and use proper punctuation.

A new shipment of fuel tanks arrived at the base and the supervisor told the mechanic to write "Diesel Fuel" in Arabic and "No Smoking" in Arabic.

LiveLeak-dot-com-aef_1394562503-6d8c9058-9f7f-11e3-aa18-22000a9780da-ori_1394562501.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom