• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The four Progressive Caucus principles

Why does it seem that @Questerr is always trying to muddy my threads? Could it be that they are not really progressive (if they even may claim to be) but are trying desperately to pummel progressive principles from the 'left' because they are actually on the Right?

No, the above thought doesn't belong in the CT section.

Calling you out on your bullshit is “muddying your threads”?

@Antiwar do you stand by your definition of militarism or not?

If yes, does having or supporting having a strong military make you a militarist?

@Antiwar

Since you are unable to answer me here, I’ll just ask again, I have plenty of time:

Do you stand by the definition of militarism you gave here?

I have plenty of time, too, but I'm working on spending less time on DP.

I don't mind spending time on thoughtful members' commentary.

It's almost that time.

I have plenty of time, too, but I'm working on spending less time on DP.

I don't mind spending time on thoughtful members' commentary.

Asking again and quoting you (though you are too cowardly to quote me):

Do you stand by the definition of militarism you made in this post?

The four, core principles of the Progressive Promise:

1. Fighting for economic justice and security for all;

2. Protecting and preserving our civil rights and civil liberties;

3. Promoting global peace and security; and

4. Advancing environmental protection and energy independence

Platitudes that most people can agree on.

What do they mean in the real world and how you achieve is where most people part company.

Agreed, except what we call democracy has been under attack for decades. That democracy is a far cry from a good political system in nearly every way.
It has been under attack in some ways a long time but the attacks have grown enormously.

Most progressive pundits are relatively okay with the Biden administration.
Most progressive pundits have good and bad to say about Biden and of course far approve of him over a Republican, while wanting to do better than Biden in later elections, but recognizing the biggest obstacle right now is not enough progressives in Congress.

I'm not sure I understand your angle, but I think I do.

That those principles are a noble effort to help people, while conservatives like to pretend that liberals are monsters. Their agenda is a disgrace, so its completely stupid to call liberals monsters when they propose things that will help and benefit all people. I know your post had nothing to do with that but know the typical responses conservatives will post so getting ahead before all the dumb comments about liberals come in.

Those things like typical liberal/democrat platforms, actually acknowledge real world problems and address them. As opposed to the fake shit that conservatives claim are problems like transgenders, homosexuals, teaching kids actual history, or the election fraud garbage, amongst many other nonsense

Remember when they were fawning over Biden's achievements and "pushing him left"?
Well everyone was initially very happy with executive orders he overturned but after that things fell off pretty quickly among progressives.

Well everyone was initially very happy with executive orders he overturned but after that things fell off pretty quickly among progressives.

And liberal Biden apologists are doing exactly what I predicted they would do to smooth over his lack of progressive reforms:

Year one of his presidency they were like “He’s only just been elected. Give him time.”

This year they’ve been saying “He has to worry about the midterms.”

Next year and the year after that, it will either be “He has to focus on getting re-elected” or “well what do you expect him to do when the Republicans control Congress?”

And liberal Biden apologists are doing exactly what I predicted they would do to smooth over his lack of progressive reforms:

Year one of his presidency they were like “He’s only just been elected. Give him time.”

This year they’ve been saying “He has to worry about the midterms.”

Next year and the year after that, it will either be “He has to focus on getting re-elected” or “well what do you expect him to do when the Republicans control Congress?”
You seem to be doing a great job having a conversation with yourself.

If not, who are all these liberals making these comments? And specifically what liberal reforms were they expecting that they are now making excuses for?

Yet they kept quiet and kept the "unity". The "progressive caucus" should've worked to block all the major bills unless the promises Biden made during his campaign were fulfilled.

You seem to be doing a great job having a conversation with yourself.

If not, who are all these liberals making these comments? And specifically what liberal reforms were they expecting that they are now making excuses for?

Student debt relief, marijuana decriminalization (including pardoning people with marijuana convictions), and immigration reform to name three.

Platitudes that most people can agree on.

What do they mean in the real world and how you achieve is where most people part company.

I imagine your 'libertarian' label means right-libertarian.

Student debt relief, marijuana decriminalization (including pardoning people with marijuana convictions), and immigration reform to name three.
15$ minimum wage, canceling student debt, his promise to sanction Saudi Arabia and stop selling weapons to them, and the new proposed democrat budget has huge spending increases on law enforcement, drug enforcement, the pentagon, etc. Failure to make any serious effort at federally decriminalizing marijuana.

Edit: I see you mentioned marijuana and student debt. I forgot which points you had covered as I was making my list.

Last edited:
That those principles are a noble effort to help people, while conservatives like to pretend that liberals are monsters. Their agenda is a disgrace, so its completely stupid to call liberals monsters when they propose things that will help and benefit all people. I know your post had nothing to do with that but know the typical responses conservatives will post so getting ahead before all the dumb comments about liberals come in.

Those things like typical liberal/democrat platforms, actually acknowledge real world problems and address them. As opposed to the fake shit that conservatives claim are problems like transgenders, homosexuals, teaching kids actual history, or the election fraud garbage, amongst many other nonsense

Okay, I originally misunderstood your angle.

I believe you're relatively progressive. (y)

I imagine your 'libertarian' label means right-libertarian.
If you mean do I support free market capitalism - where markets can actually be free - then yes.

Is that supposed to refute my observation that those bullets points are meaningless platitudes? Because if that was you intent you failed.

15$ minimum wage, canceling student debt, his promise to sanction Saudi Arabia and stop selling weapons to them, and the new proposed democrat budget has huge spending increases on law enforcement, drug enforcement, the pentagon, etc. Failure to make any serious effort at federally decriminalizing marijuana.

Edit: I see you mentioned marijuana and student debt. I forgot which points you had covered as I was making my list.
1648840450985.png

Back
Top Bottom