• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The five best reasons not to believe in God

The beauty & power of human consciousness. A though experiment. You don't actually need another universe you can just imagine one. For example a universe just like ours but with no stars, galaxies or matter, just empty space and not bounded like our, just goes on forever. Or another universe full of muck and fog with no order whatsoever. Compared to these two universes ours is complex.
Do you honestly think that makes sense? In any way?

All science does is make models of the universe.
'Science' has two parts. A. Using the scientific method to find truths about the universe and B. Applying those truths to find more truths which is where modeling and simulation comes in. I should add that modeling and simulation is where science is often misused leading to incorrect conclusions.

I should add that modeling and simulation is where science is often misused leading to incorrect conclusions.
That is about all science does.

I only need one:

“NO EVIDENCE.
Most things which we accept, we accept on the basis of proof. That proof is not always rock solid (some of it is based on spurious media claims, for example) but there is a standard to which we hold most of our beliefs. Things that don’t meet that standard – the Tooth Fairy, let’s say – we discard as not impossible, but extremely unlikely.

God, however, many people accept with no proof at all. Belief in God is a product of upbringing, societal and cultural convention, a desire for comfort and intellectual laziness.

There is no evidence that God exists. You may have had some kind of personal experience – what we “anecdotal evidence” that has convinced you personally that he’s out there. But most people would concede that that kind of evidence is not evidence at all. It can’t be repeated under test conditions and there are other possible explanations for what may have happened.
Fact: NO ONE HAS EVER PRESENTED ONE IOTA OF PERSUASIVE EVIDENCE THAT THERE IS A GOD.”

TEN REASONS TO BELIEVE IN GOD! https://kingdomway.ca/the-top-10-reasons-to-believe-in-god/

Crock of crap.

To save some of you the headache here's #1:

1. THE INEVITABILITY OF FAITH.​

Everyone believes in something. No one can endure the stress and cares of life without faith in something that cannot ultimately be proven. Atheists cannot prove there is no God. Pantheists cannot prove that everything is God.

Pragmatists cannot prove that what will count for them in the future is what works for them now. Nor can agnostics prove that it is impossible to know one way or the other. Faith is unavoidable, even if we choose to believe only in ourselves. What is to be decided is what evidence we think is pertinent, how we are going to interpret that evidence, and who or what we are willing to believe in (Luke 16:16).

Laughable in it's insanity and ignorance.

So? It seems you "Jehovah" can't take a challenge or criticism and had a hissy fit. That's still not as bad as the atrocities god committed, according to the bible.
You don't believe in GOD, right? GOD committed no atrocities -- those HE ended their miserable lives were.
Crock of crap.
No its not.
To save some of you the headache here's #1:

Laughable in it's insanity and ignorance.
No it isn't.

You don't believe in GOD, right? GOD committed no atrocities -- those HE ended their miserable were.
It doesn't matter what I believe. But defending the actions of a psychopathic deity speaks volumes about you.

I
I'd say that's typical of many, if not most theists.
Try your luck on a pro gun thread. All they do is spread fomo. Or even on the many political threads. Fear is what motivates americans if you just consider the many arguments made hers.

And it all stems from teaching a fear of god.

Try your luck on a pro gun thread. All they do is spread fomo. Or even on the many political threads. Fear is what motivates americans if you just consider the many arguments made hers.

And it all stems from teaching a fear of god.
Not just fear, but ignorance too. Both seem to go hand in hand with many issue, especially religion.

Really, it comes down to this: it doesn't matter if a deity exists or not.

The creepy thing is worship. Any god that needs it is a monster; any god that doesn't need it is a god disinterested in the affairs of gnats.

Apparently making america great again means keeping them dumb and scared.
That seems like the exact opposite of great. But maybe that's just me.

The best reason is that we shouldn't rely on belief for the existence of anything.

The best reason is that we shouldn't rely on belief for the existence of anything.
We shouldn't rely on belief for anything, especiallywhen it comes to establishing facts. . Belief is little more than wishful thinking and emotional comfort.

Back
Top Bottom