• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Door for NATO has OPENED v Russia after missile attack in Poland kills two

This was a malfunction or an accident or incompetence.
Let's not start WWIII.

Doesn't matter... they shouldn't have been targeting anything with 10 miles of the Polish border, if only to avoid the possibility of this happening.

We've been bending over backwards to avoid giving the Ukrainians long-range missile capability. If Russia doesn't cease this reckless bombardment immediately, I say we change that policy and give the Ukrainians the capability of responding in kind and striking targets within Russia.

Doesn't matter... they shouldn't have been targeting anything with 10 miles of the Polish border, if only to avoid the possibility of this happening.

You can tell by their "target". A grain silo?

Russia is the first to strike and kill people in a NATO country - so it appears that the door has opened for NATO to react v Russia.

A Russian missile killed two people in Przewodów, a Polish village near the border with Ukraine on Tuesday, according to reports.
Lot of unknowns, primarily was it intentional or accidental. NATO isn’t going to go to war over an accidental hit.

Russia is the first to strike and kill people in a NATO country - so it appears that the door has opened for NATO to react v Russia.

A Russian missile killed two people in Przewodów, a Polish village near the border with Ukraine on Tuesday, according to reports.

So NATO is clear to attack Russia ?

Lot of unknowns, primarily was it intentional or accidental. NATO isn’t going to go to war over an accidental hit.

Doesn't matter if it was accidental or intentional. They should have had a bombing exclusion zone to avoid even the possibility of this happening. That they didn't shows they don't give a damn whether they hit Poland or not.

Russia bombing anywhere near the Polish border is provocative. Even if actually hitting across the border was an accident, they have showed reckless disregard for the possibility of that occurring.

It needs a response.
Russia is denying the accusations. So we should not expect them to discuss any 'accidents'.

The line just like Obama? Dementia Joe is POOPING his depends, but they will cave weak Joe

Shocking.
It is shocking if we expect them to say it was an accident so we don't respond militarily. That's not going to happen as it stands now.

The line just like Obama? Dementia Joe is POOPING his depends, but they will cave weak Joe

Let's at least try to stick to reality here. I don't care what your impression is of the President, he's the only one we've got.... and at least this one isn't trying to bend the Ukrainians over a barrel on military aid to try and dig up manufactured political dirt on a political rival. You want to go back and see where Russia might have got the impression that the US might not stand beside Kyiv? Start looking there.

There is no logic in attacking a Polish grain silo. Now if it would have been Warsaw, that's a very different story

I certainly think that this now places Putin in a much hotter seat for his war crimes. It would best for Putin to surrender and entirely end 'his' war against Ukraine - or else. imo

This is Putin looking to end his terminal illness with a "glorious" war defending the motherland as the finale. He mustn't be given such a horrendous validation.

There's an outside possibility still, that the deadly attack was actually damaged debris from a shot down missile.

Being that Russia invaded Ukraine while targeting and killing 1000s of civilians in Ukraine, I'm leaning intentional.

This is Putin looking to end his terminal illness with a "glorious" war defending the motherland as the finale. He mustn't be given such a horrendous validation.

There's an outside possibility still, that the deadly attack was actually damaged debris from a shot down missile.

I'm not buying it. Even if the missile was shot down on it's descent stage, it still would have fallen short of it's intended target.

Being that Russia invaded Ukraine while targeting and killing 1000s of civilians in Ukraine, I'm leaning intentional.

I don't think it actually makes a difference whether this was intentional or not. The very fact that Russia hasn't instituted a no-bombing buffer zone along the Polish border shows they have a reckless indifference whether they strike Poland or not.

When we were bombing Vietnam, we wanted to make damn sure China didn't get involved in the war and so we instituted a 10-mile zone along the Chinese border where our planes were prohibited from bombing just to insure that there wouldn't be an accidental bombing of Chinese targets.

So NATO is clear to attack Russia ?
In my book, yeah - inside Ukraine per Ukraine's leading command. Still need for Poland to hear from NATO's command leader and after that, if given a green light to assist Ukraine, it's still up to Poland what they want to do and up to Ukraine's president as well.

I don't think it actually makes a difference whether this was intentional or not. The very fact that Russia hasn't instituted a no-bombing buffer zone along the Polish border shows they have a reckless indifference whether they strike Poland or not.
I can live with that. Putin doesn't give a dog flip what rules of war are broken and that's why I'm supportive of any physical NATO action to support Ukrainians inside Ukraine.

awesome invoke Article 5 . start WWIII over a ****ing errant missile
this is the kind of crap those of us sane enough to see the error of making Ukraine a proxy war against Russia have been warning about

Russia bombing anywhere near the Polish border is provocative. Even if actually hitting across the border was an accident, they have showed reckless disregard for the possibility of that occurring.

It needs a response.
like what?

Back
Top Bottom