• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The differance between faithbelievers and organized religion

presluc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I hope I don't chase anybody away with this first paragraph.
I have faith in God I belong to no church or no religion.
I am a strong supporter of the division between church and state, religion as no place in politics.
I support abortion
I support civil rights and although I am hetrosexual I support gay rights
I also support the death penalty.

I have debated the right of any individual to believe as they choose many times, usualy with athiest who seem to think I'm part of this big organized religion conpeisy to preach religion to them or ram it down their throat.
I am not in that business I only ask that my faith be respected then I will respect any athiest beliefs.

This is what I think of organized religion money and power that is what they are after.

Lets take it from the top the Catholic church.
What other organization could a person molest a child and not only get by with it they keep their job and get tranfered.

The televangilist what other organization that tells other people to follow a strict moral code yet is caught in a hotel room with a hooker goes on natianal T.V. and ask for forgivness and gets it and goes back to preaching the same stuff no areest no convition , no loss of money

The well known preachers what other organization could a person go on Natianal T.V. and condem a whole race of people to Hell

Then there's the average member of small churches of organized religion he wants to follow organized religion he is programed like a robot.

So every Sunday, Sunday night and Weneday night he goes to church each time he puts money in the collection plate ,and then theres those special charity fundraisers for church projects.
After which when he gets paid the government's got their hand out so taxes are taken out of his check

Then there are splinter groups of organized religion like Jim Jones a bible in one hand a gun in the other and poison for the kool aid.
Unfortunatly Jones was not the only whako out there there are others give them enough power and money disaster.

Organized religion does not follow the teachings of God. they only want money and power.:peace

Last edited:
I hope I don't chase anybody away with this first paragraph.
I have faith in God I belong to no church or no religion.
I am a strong supporter of the division between church and state, religion as no place in politics.
I support abortion
I support civil rights and although I am hetrosexual I support gay rights
I also support the death penalty.
OK.

I have debated the right of any individual to believe as they choose many times, usualy with athiest who seem to think I'm part of this big organized religion conpeisy to preach religion to them or ram it down their throat.
I am not in that business I only ask that my faith be respected then I will respect any athiest beliefs.
Whether people respect my beliefs or not I respect their right to hold their own beliefs, but not necessarily the beliefs themselves. I don't respect the belief that a group of people should be genocided, but I respect one's right to hold that belief. This respect does not depend on the respect of others.

This is what I think of organized religion money and power that is what they are after.
Some organized religions can sometimes help their leaders gain money and power, and some leaders take advantage of this.

Lets take it from the top the Catholic church.
What other organization could a person molest a child and not only get by with it they keep their job and get tranfered.
Any that put something ahead of punishing the molester.

The televangilist what other organization that tells other people to follow a strict moral code yet is caught in a hotel room with a hooker goes on natianal T.V. and ask for forgivness and gets it and goes back to preaching the same stuff no areest no convition , no loss of money
They do seem to be sleazy sometimes.

The well known preachers what other organization could a person go on Natianal T.V. and condem a whole race of people to Hell

Then there's the average member of small churches of organized religion he wants to follow organized religion he is programed like a robot.
Most people don't think too deeply about what they believe.

So every Sunday, Sunday night and Weneday night he goes to church each time he puts money in the collection plate ,and then theres those special charity fundraisers for church projects.
After which when he gets paid the government's got their hand out so taxes are taken out of his check
The power to tax implies the power to destroy. Despite that, It might not be bad to allow religious organizations to be taxed using the same rule as other organizations.

Then there are splinter groups of organized religion like Jim Jones a bible in one hand a gun in the other and poison for the kool aid.
Unfortunatly Jones was not the only whako out there there are others give them enough power and money disaster.
Some religious belief can be dangerous.

Organized religion does not follow the teachings of God. they only want money and power.
Most people don't follow what you consider to be the teachings of God. Organized religion is not a "they". Not all leaders of organized religion are concerned with money or power, but a lot are.

OK.

Whether people respect my beliefs or not I respect their right to hold their own beliefs, but not necessarily the beliefs themselves. I don't respect the belief that a group of people should be genocided, but I respect one's right to hold that belief. This respect does not depend on the respect of others.

Some organized religions can sometimes help their leaders gain money and power, and some leaders take advantage of this.

Any that put something ahead of punishing the molester.

They do seem to be sleazy sometimes.

Most people don't think too deeply about what they believe.

The power to tax implies the power to destroy. Despite that, It might not be bad to allow religious organizations to be taxed using the same rule as other organizations.

Some religious belief can be dangerous.

Most people don't follow what you consider to be the teachings of God. Organized religion is not a "they". Not all leaders of organized religion are concerned with money or power, but a lot are.

Well, I see your point on a few leveles.
Respect is not important . however individual thought is, wether athiest or faith believer the individual is key.
However when individualist become controled by a set of rules they are no longer individual.
Individuals think for themselves based on the knowledge they aquire.
When an individual thought becomes contradictory to a group you have a problem.

In most churches you will be respected until you bring up evolution then Well?
Most athiest will respect you until you bring up the possibilty of intelligent design then WELL?

Perhaps you may call it a differant phrase than "the teaching of God" .
However a majority of people go through life wanting to do te"right thing" they don't want to kill or steal or lie or cheat.
In fact if you look carefully at the pictures of natural or man made disastors there's always people who want to help.
These are not super heroes but average people from average walks of life

Perhaps not all leaders of organized religon are concerned with money and power.
A huge majority are for you get power with money and organized religion wants every American to think as they do talk as they do act as they do to do that you must have power to have power you must have money.:peace

Perhaps not all leaders of organized religon are concerned with money and power.
A huge majority are for you get power with money and organized religion wants every American to think as they do talk as they do act as they do to do that you must have power to have power you must have money.:peace

Most churches are fairly small, and most pastors don't make much money. A great many American churches, perhaps the majority of Protestant ones, are "Congregational".... that is, they are run by the vote of the congregation, on advice of the Deacon board and pastor, and recognize no hierarchial authority as having precedence over their autonomy. My own denomination, Baptist, is like that.

The mega-churches and the big organizations get all the media attention, but they aren't even half the story. Lots of small-church pastors actually work a day job to make ends meet. Hardly a position of money and power.

Most churches are fairly small, and most pastors don't make much money. A great many American churches, perhaps the majority of Protestant ones, are "Congregational".... that is, they are run by the vote of the congregation, on advice of the Deacon board and pastor, and recognize no hierarchial authority as having precedence over their autonomy. My own denomination, Baptist, is like that.

The mega-churches and the big organizations get all the media attention, but they aren't even half the story. Lots of small-church pastors actually work a day job to make ends meet. Hardly a position of money and power.

Wasn't it Jesus that said "Beware of priest that wear flowing robes and gold"

To borrow one of my favorite quotes from the teaching of Jesus.

"I shall send you as sheep among wolves with the cunning of serpants but the kindness of doves"

Isn't that the way of the average people today if you are not smart and cunning youare as sheep meals for wolves.?

Back
Top Bottom