• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Democrats' Mocking "Contract ON America"

I think that pretty much reflects the ideas that the "party of no" has today.

That is what the creators of this list think they're saying.

If you're correct, and I really don't think you are, more is the pitty.

A number of those things (including the repeal of Obamacare) poll very well.

Polls depend on how asked. As polls also show the people want much of what is in the bill, I doubt the your conclusion. But like I said, more is the pitty if true.

This is a joke, right?

Oops - on edit: I see the thread title - Jeezus, this switch to a 6:30 to 2:30 shift is making me silly.

Last edited:
Wish that it were. It certainly makes a good one.

Everyone knows the Tea Partiers don't want to have Medicare repealed - they just want the gubbmint to keep their hands off it!

No, what we actually want. ;) There is no debate that such stupidity is a pity. :(

Sucks being on the opposite side of what most of the people want, doesn't it?

Sucks being on the opposite side of what most of the people want, doesn't it?

I really don't think I am, but being popular isn't equal to being right. Most people at one time or another believed the world was flart, that the sun revolved around the earth, and that man would never fly. I wouldn't put too much stock in majority opinion in and of itself. ;)

If you ask it the right way, a majority of people polled would also favor feeding roofies and LSD to Congress and turning them out to play on the Beltway.

I really don't think I am, but being popular isn't equal to being right. Most people at one time or another believed the world was flart, that the sun revolved around the earth, and that man would never fly. I wouldn't put too much stock in majority opinion in and of itself. ;)

You actually seem to tbe only one affixing a "wrong" or "right" to this. You say if most people think like that, it's a "pity." So, you think they're wrong. I never said anything like that. All I said was that these points probably play far better with most Americans than the creators of the list seem to think.

That, of course, is rather relevant with respect to electoral prospects. Matters not in the least who's wrong or right on the merits of the issues.

Last edited:
Obviously they thought these points were laugh-out-loud ridiculous, and only the fringiest of the fringe might agree with them, but a lot of them resonate with Americans in general far, far more than they think . . .

http://s3.amazonaws.com/apache.3cdn.net/f41675ef74789023bf_prm6r99ar.pdf

You've been scammed by the democrats.( maybe you know that, and I missed it?)

This is the real contract from America written by the Tea Party.

Protect the Constitution
Reject Cap & Trade
Demand a Balanced Budget
Enact Fundamental Tax Reform
Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government
End Runaway Government Spending
Defund, Repeal, & Replace Government-run Health Care
Pass an ‘All-of-the-Above” Energy Policy
Stop the Pork
Stop the Tax Hikes

Contract FROM America

You've been scammed by the democrats.( maybe you know that, and I missed it?)

This is the real contract from America written by the Tea Party.

Contract FROM America

I think you should read the title of the thread and my first post again.

You actually seem to tbe only one affixing a "wrong" or "right" to this. You say if most people think like that, it's a "pity." So, you think they're wrong. I never said anything like that. All I said was that these points probably play far better with most Americans than the creators of the list seem to think.

That, of course, is rather relevant with respect to electoral prospects. Matters not in the least who's wrong or right on the merits of the issues.

Yes, I think damned silly is pretty equal to wrong. Absolutely.

And it doesn't matter whether it plays better or not. Silly is still silly. And if silly wins, we're not better for it.

I think you should read the title of the thread and my first post again.

Got it...... one of those senior moments. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom