• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The buffoon Really is Stupid, and the Dummies Love Him

You must be talking about this part...

"She also noted that her late husband would have joked that “it’s time for us to move to New Zealand.”

Not the same as threatening to leave if Trump is elected, but I guess it sounds more dramatic your way.

Agreed. Another one liner taken out of context to make a non existent point.

Ginsberg's not leaving. She's not even resigning. Especially if Trump prevails.

I don't know. She certainly sounds outspoken. Do Supreme Court judges typically not express opinions about presidential candidates?
Appropriate or not, I'd say there's no doubt left as to the nature of her relationship with a (shudder!) President Trump.

Federal judges are not allowed to comment on political events. Apparently there is no rule for SCOTUS judges except an understanding that they aren't supposed to either. Sandra Day O'Connor got barbecued by the press and the left for making some offhand comment to her husband at a cocktail party about Al Gore in 2000.

I think RGB is the first and only to ever talk to the press about an upcoming election in this manner. She was absolutely wrong to do it.

I shudder at the thought of a President named Trump and the long term prospects of a SCOTUS justice named Bader-Ginsburg. Those 2 idiots actually deserve each other.

Federal judges are not allowed to comment on political events. Apparently there is no rule for SCOTUS judges except an understanding that they aren't supposed to either. Sandra Day O'Connor got barbecued by the press and the left for making some offhand comment to her husband at a cocktail party about Al Gore in 2000.

I think RGB is the first and only to ever talk to the press about an upcoming election in this manner. She was absolutely wrong to do it.

I shudder at the thought of a President named Trump and the long term prospects of a SCOTUS justice named Bader-Ginsburg. Those 2 idiots actually deserve each other.

The difference is, one of the idiots is in it for life. The other one can be replaced after 4 years.

suggest you do your homework before you post such foolishness.

your statement is not correct, it is wrong.

Ginsburg walked back her comments today saying they were "ill-advised".

I guess Trump was right.

you dont know what you posted and I am babbling. classic right wing grade school response.

So what was wrong specifically and why was it wrong? You keep saying it "this statement was wrong!", and you've yet to say why. So say why. This is a debate board.

Ginsburg walked back her comments today saying they were "ill-advised".

I guess Trump was right.

She walked them back big time. She admitted she was wrong and as a SCOTUS justice, she was not supposed to say what she did. MSNBC spent a long time covering that this afternoon.

They (MSNBC) also made a great point I hadn't even though of. If Trump wins (I don't think he will, but follow along), she would presumably have to recuse herself from every case where it somehow addresses him or one of his actions (like what happened with the Obamacare mandate and Obama's executive orders) because she publicly admitted having a bias against him. Interesting.

So what was wrong specifically and why was it wrong? You keep saying it "this statement was wrong!", and you've yet to say why. So say why. This is a debate board.

it is a debate board but you dont use it as such do you. RBG is only one in a long string of scotus justices making political comments, you said otherwise and were incorrect.

it is a debate board but you dont use it as such do you. RBG is only one in a long string of scotus justices making political comments, you said otherwise and were incorrect.

WASHINGTON, July 14 (Reuters) - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Thursday apologized for statements she made criticizing Republican presidential contender Donald Trump.

"On reflection, my recent remarks in response to press inquiries were ill-advised and I regret making them," she said in a statement issued by the court.

"Judges should avoid commenting on a candidate for public office. In the future I will be more circumspect," Ginsburg added.

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg apologizes for Trump remarks

Yeah, but you're right and she's wrong. Okay.

Good sir, if you are going to make statements like this, at least try to cite information that supports you...

WASHINGTON, July 14 (Reuters) - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Thursday apologized for statements she made criticizing Republican presidential contender Donald Trump.

"On reflection, my recent remarks in response to press inquiries were ill-advised and I regret making them," she said in a statement issued by the court.

"Judges should avoid commenting on a candidate for public office. In the future I will be more circumspect," Ginsburg added.

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg apologizes for Trump remarks

Yeah, but you're right and she's wrong. Okay.

actually the statement you made is incorrect.

An offhand joke about her husband wanting to move is "over the top" :lamo

Ahh you guys.

Um... that wasn't the only comment she made. She was out of line. She has been called out by the left and the right for it.

your inability to educate yourself really isnt my issue.

In real life debates, if you told the person you were debating to educate themselves when they asked you to cite evidence supporting your position, you would be in trouble.

In real life debates, if you told the person you were debating to educate themselves when they asked you to cite evidence supporting your position, you would be in trouble.

you are sadly mistaken if you think this has anything to do with real life. better you learn to fish than me give you fish.

your inability to educate yourself really isnt my issue.

When you make a claim, it is on you to support said claim. It is not up to others to do your homework for you. Your inability to support it shows that you were dishonest in your comments.

You must be talking about this part...

"She also noted that her late husband would have joked that “it’s time for us to move to New Zealand.”

Not the same as threatening to leave if Trump is elected, but I guess it sounds more dramatic your way.

She injected herself into the political arena. Not kosher for a Justice.

Back
Top Bottom