• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf, A Story the Progressive-Left Fails to Heed.

JFC.

He's literally on tape encouraging a hostile foreign power to break our laws, yet you guys still just chug along with your cultish support.

:bs
Rosenstein said, "There is no allegation that the conspiracy altered the vote count … that any ... or that Russia's hacking “changed the vote count” or affected the outcome of the 2016 election."

Hahaha, so pathetic. Your argument has basically degraded to "When Trump told Russia to find dirt on his opponent, he didn't mean they should hack them, maybe they could find her private emails laying on the side of the road or in Putin's desk! No hacking required!"

Rosenstein said, "There is no allegation that the conspiracy altered the vote count … that any ... or that Russia's hacking “changed the vote count” or affected the outcome of the 2016 election."

If you are invoking monetary value in the campaign - could you please tell us how much money the free coverage of Trump invoking the wikileaks & Russian information over 160 times in the closing weeks of the campaign was worth to his campaign?

That is absolutely not "assumed" as every Republican was screaming at the top of their lungs there was no Russian involvement until long after it was proven there was. Dozens of Russians have been indicted as well as many in the Trump campaign. Further we have video evidence of Trump going on live TV and asking the Russians specifically to do this hack.

:bs

And that is pretty much the bar for me to care at all, however me being a free speech free mind guy it takes a lot to get me to be willing to police the attempt to sell ideas. Better ideas win if the people do their jobs, if Americans are not doing their jobs then we should work on that rather than whining about what the Russians are saying.

America is so pathetic now, and believe you me the rest of the world notices.

A real shame.

And that is pretty much the bar for me to care at all, however me being a free speech free mind guy it takes a lot to get me to be willing to police the attempt to sell ideas. Better ideas win if the people do their jobs, if Americans are not doing their jobs then we should work on that rather than whining about what the Russians are saying.

America is so pathetic now, and believe you me the rest of the world notices.

A real shame.

Yes, the rest of the world notices but not those partisan nitwits who continue to alter the facts to further their anti-Trump political agendas.
I am so sick of their :bs

Yes, the rest of the world notices but not those partisan nitwits who continue to alter the facts to further their anti-Trump political agendas.
I am so sick of their :bs

DimWits has recently become a favorite word of mine.

For obvious reasons.

I really appreciate the OP's analogy of using the boy who cried wolf. Just today on my media feed it was full of stories that had no substance,but rather things the MSM could focus on and spin negatively toward Trump and his supporters. And by golly those same feckless stories ended up as threads on this forum.

Personally, I find it rather scary that I can no longer trust the MSM to report honestly and fairly. I have to do my own research. And that takes a lot of time. But because of all the anti-trump bias in the media people are starting to tune them out because they seem to see it for what it is. And that is scary too. For if they do report on a story that actually is accurate there's a good number of people that won't believe them because of their past actions.

The press has a very important role in holding government officials accountable. But unfortunately for sometime the press has become politicized to push a left agenda and became propagandists to promote such an agenda. True story.

Personally, I find it rather scary that I can no longer trust the MSM to report honestly and fairly..

And yet a number of people had to inform you a dozen times you were posting false and misleading information about the recent Russian indictment, and you refuse to correct yourself to the bitter end. Who are you kidding that you find MSM scary that they know Trump is a moron, and report on exactly that?

Turn on Hannity or Lou Dobbs if you want to see scary.

Which says nothing either way about the impact on the election. That is a subject for political scientists.

And yet a number of people had to inform you a dozen times you were posting false and misleading information about the recent Russian indictment, and you refuse to correct yourself to the bitter end. Who are you kidding that you find MSM scary that they know Trump is a moron, and report on exactly that?

Turn on Hannity or Lou Dobbs if you want to see scary.

What a
bunch of hoowee misrepresenting what happened in another thread where my posts had nothing to do with the Russian indictments but had everything to do with pointing out the fecklessness in the DNC and the Democratic party for their failure to secure their server properly and being more careful in who they hire as an IT guy.
My only wrong is I did not use the word alleged in referring to Awan of the actual charges he was being investigated by the FBI and the Capitol police,

You are a piece of work. You snip a piece of my post because you aren't really interested in attempting to address it in full but rather take the opportunity to falsely trash me with unsubstantiated comments.

People like you are not interested in truth. And neither are the jackhammers you fill your head with. You obviously do not possess the skills of a critical thinker.

Last edited:
Any reasonable person with a brain in their head knows he wasn't ****ing serious.

I actually think the Russians jumped on it to set him up.

They wanted him to win, because that would sow dischord. Hillary would be same old, same old.

Set his campaign up to be proven complicit in the Russians actions?

Dischord gold!

Could actually light the whole country on fire.

If members of the trump team get indicted for conspiring with the Russians, with good evidence, what the hell do you think trumps true supporters are going to do?

Calmly accept that their dear leader is for all intents a traitor (too strong a word, maybe, but in the ballpark)?

Or go completely ape****?

Moreover, people who actually viewed the entire video know he was referring to the report that 5 nations had probably hacked her private server before she was allowed by the FBI to delete 30000 "personal" emails before having the remainder reviewed by the investigators.

So he was making a joke that if the Russian's were the hackers (as opposed to the Chinese or other three alleged possibilities) it would please the press if they find them and release them. He never asked the Russians to hack her server.

Where would YOU look for missing emails?

This.

I see this already happening in the general public, and not just to conservatives. While the alt-Left is still clinging to their wolf cries and conspiracy theories, and conservatives are still rolling their eyes, the interesting shift is coming from those citizens who lie at the center of the political scale -- the centrists. They are joining the conservatives in rolling their eyes.

Mueller's investigation has produced no link whatsoever between Trump and Russian collusion. The only charges levied against former Trump campaign persons are unrelated to the main reason for the investigation. These latest indictments are for show. None of the things the Russians are charged with anything that is beyond the reach of the typical Middle School hacker.

There's a little coffee shop in my community on Main Street and I'll pop in once a week or so if I have banking next door. There's a good mix of conservative/liberal types. Very few -- maybe no Progressives, though. And, I listen. The conversations are often political, and one theme has emerged from both sides -- they're tired of the attacks on Trump. This is Main Street America and I hear more and more folks express the sentiment that they don't even watch the news anymore.

There are conspiracy indictments coming.

Bet on it.

The feds LOVE conspiracy charges.

You'll see.

Where did I ever say that I didn't think we shouldn't weed out spies? Please direct me to that statement in my post.

I noticed you ignored the inconvenient parts where our govt gave money to a NGO to oust Netanyahu. Do you think that was ethically right? I think that it's hypocritical to try to screw the other guy and then throw a tantrum when someone else does the same thing to us.

Your red herring is basically - if we do it we can't whine or care when others do. That's the point. Well, we have nuclear weapons. How can we complain if Iran or NK gets what we have? Of course that's stupid, so why do you think - BUTWHATABOUTKERRY!??@@!! is any more persuasive? If that talking point didn't come from Russian intelligence it should have, and someone in the GRU missed an opportunity for a promotion! I'm sure they're glad "useful idiots" (I believe that's the term from the USSR days) in the U.S. are amplifying it for them! Good job!

The question is whether we are OK with Russian interfering with our elections. If you don't care, that's fine, say so. I don't agree. Your red herring is a desperate attempt to rationalize a reason NOT to care about it, and it's pathetic.

So far Mueller has produced squat as far as any links Trump colluding with anyone. Mueller has said that they won't produce any evidence that has to do with Trump colluding in the Manafort trial. He handed Cohen off to the DOJ. When Mueller handed out the first batch of indictments the defendant asked for discovery and Mueller did everything he could to delay the charges. When that didn't happen he did what he could to avoid discovery. Discovery is necessary in any court proceedings in our courts, whether it's a criminal or divorce court. It was lame. They didn't expect anyone from Russia to answer the charges but it happened and they were caught with their pants down and weren't ready with their case.

After Mueller concludes his investigation, we'll know what he's found. Until then I don't know what he's found and don't predict what he will find. He HAS found and announced indictments last week of a slew of evidence of Putin directing efforts to screw with our elections!

As to the discovery BS - the Russians tried to get the evidence without producing, and everyone one including you KNOWING they would never produce, someone to answer for the charges. Who do you want to win here - the Russian spies ****ing with our Democracy? That's what it appears you want.

Last edited:
Actually, in the same press conference y'all keep talking about, and before the "Russia, please steal Hillary's email" hooey everyone gripes about, Trump addressed this exact matter - From the Federal News Service Transcript beginning at 5 minutes and 43 seconds into the video:

Also, keep in mind that the whole 30k emails thing was was instigated by Hillary herself back in 2015 when she announced that she had merely deleted "personal emails" even though she was under investigation and had already been asked for those emails. Furthermore, the question of the emails was a hot item in the press in the days before the Trump news conference. Here's a Politifact article from a week before Trump's conference - PolitiFact Sheet: Hillary Clinton?s email controversy | PolitiFact

Organizations such as NPR -
https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/04/02/396823014/fact-check-hillary-clinton-those-emails-and-the-law
and
https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/09/11/439456567/fact-check-hillary-clintons-email-defense-is-a-mixed-bag
and Politico
https://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/hillary-clinton-email-questions-unanswered-115964

had been asking questions about Hillary and her emails for MORE THAN A YEAR prior to the Trump press conference. This email thing DID NOT begin with Trump.

"By the way, they hacked...So let's see."

Interesting passage...

90% support Trump and you fear that the majority working together will hurt democracy.

Do you know what democracy is?

A form of government we don't have here in the states?

I believe the question was not in regard to Russians interfering in anything. that is to be assumed.

The question was and always was about COLLUUUUUUUUUSION!

Is Manafort in solitary confinement because he's a Russian? Was Flynn abused, lied to by the FBI, threatened and extorted by the FBI because he's a Russian?

Wait for the conspiracy indictments.

People.sought and in some cases obtained stolen property.

Its right there in the indictment.

And if you aren't aware, just talking about and overtly trying to get something illegal is all it takes to get a federal felony.

Heads are going to roll.

It was that Russia was involved at all, until it was shown that our intelligence agencies were correct and they were involved, then you shifted gears to arguing it happened but he wasn't involved. He stood in front of the entire world on live TV and told the Russians to hack his opponent, so they did. Not sure how that's not collusion.

I think they were setting him up.

Think about it.

Get him elected, then let him get caught conspiring to do it.

America Flambe!

Modern conservatism depends on the human tendency to believe a pretty lie over an ugly truth. To refuse to admit to themselves that they have been fooled.

Heads. Will. Explode.

That last part was your editorial comment. Here's a direct quote:

There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy altered the vote count or changed any election result.
(emphasis added)

The investigation cannot determine how many, if any, voters minds' were changed as a result of the propaganda campaign, people persuaded to not vote, etc. and so his comment wasn't addressing that. We'll never really know what impact the Russians had on the election. We know they attempted to swing the election for Trump, and Trump won - that's all we can know for sure.

It looks to me that several of the parameters for the issues you discuss like "what the people are thinking" are difficult to define. How do we define "what the people are thinking?"

I’ve had this question before. Teachers are persuading students they can’t know what people are thinking, which is balderdash. For a start those very teachers know exactly what nonsense their students are thinking since they’ve just filled their heads with it. Here’s Ms. Dimwit, a teacher, at home with her significant other gender thingy, in bed.

Dimwit: How was your day?
Genthing: Baddish. Yours?
Dimwit: Not baddish. Told the clones they can’t know what peoples are thinking.
Genthing: Why teech ’em that?
Dimwit: I was taught to teech ’em that, in teecher trayning…
Genthing: But it’s stupid.
Dimwit: No it ain’t.
Genthing: Yup. After you teeched them, what were they thinking?
Dimwit: That you can’t knows what peoples are thinking, off course.
Genthing: So you DO know what peoples are thinking!
Dimwit: I just taught thems that. Of course I know…

As you can see, Dimwit and Genthing aren’t much good with English. What Dimwit doesn’t know is that if you study a human’s behavior and actions you can deduce what he, she, it or thingy is thinking. Here’s a splendid genderbenderish example:

Genthing goes into a plastic surgeon at 9.00 A.M. and comes out at 11.00 A.M. with bandages on her nose. She is holding the side of her face and moaning in pain. She goes into a pharmacist’s and buys some painkillers. She asks for a cup of water and swallows three of the pills and leaves.

What was she thinking?

It’s clear she was thinking she wanted to have a nose job. It’s clear she was thinking she would get a nose job at the surgery in question. It’s clear she thought to make an appointment for the nose job, and that she thought about being there at 9.00 A.M. for her nose job appointment. It’s clear she thought about the pain she felt, and she thought to go to the drug store to get pain meds. It’s clear she thought to ask for a cup of water to swallow her pills.

How did we know she was thinking all those things?

By studying her actions and behavior.

So when you see Ms Dimwit you can tell her she was wrong. We can indeed define "what the people are thinking."

Your red herring is basically - if we do it we can't whine or care when others do. That's the point. Well, we have nuclear weapons. How can we complain if Iran or NK gets what we have? Of course that's stupid, so why do you think - BUTWHATABOUTKERRY!??@@!! is any more persuasive? If that talking point didn't come from Russian intelligence it should have, and someone in the GRU missed an opportunity for a promotion! I'm sure they're glad "useful idiots" (I believe that's the term from the USSR days) in the U.S. are amplifying it for them! Good job!

The question is whether we are OK with Russian interfering with our elections. If you don't care, that's fine, say so. I don't agree. Your red herring is a desperate attempt to rationalize a reason NOT to care about it, and it's pathetic.

After Mueller concludes his investigation, we'll know what he's found. Until then I don't know what he's found and don't predict what he will find. He HAS found and announced indictments last week of a slew of evidence of Putin directing efforts to screw with our elections!

As to the discovery BS - the Russians tried to get the evidence without producing, and everyone one including you KNOWING they would never produce, someone to answer for the charges. Who do you want to win here - the Russian spies ****ing with our Democracy? That's what it appears you want.

You didn't answer my question. as expected. You danced all around it, with a lot of idiotic rhetoric, but never addressed it. I think all governments should not attempt to interfere with other elections, to include the Untied States. What to you think? Is it okay for governments to try and sway elections of other governments? Yes or no? Just answer the ****ing question. It's a pretty simple question.

The owner of two of the companies named in the indictment appeared in court and Mueller tried to claim that the charged company hadn't been served properly. That is usually an argument the defendant uses. It's funny that the prosecution used the argument when they were caught flat footed when the defendant was represented in court. Then he tried to deny them discovery. I guess Mueller didn't have his turds in one bag. He was ill prepared because he didn't expect any of the defendants to show up.

You should catch up on current events:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/04/mueller-russia-interference-election-case-delay-570627
"A federal judge has rejected special counsel Robert Mueller’s request to delay the first court hearing in a criminal case charging three Russian companies and 13 Russian citizens with using social media and other means to foment strife among Americans in advance of the 2016 U.S. presidential election."

Defendant voluntarily appeared through counsel as provided for in [federal rules], and further intends to enter a plea of not guilty. Defendant has not sought a limited appearance nor has it moved to quash the summons. As such, the briefing sought by the Special Counsel’s motion is pettifoggery,” Dubelier and Seikaly wrote. "

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/is-robert-muellers-russian-troll-farm-indictment-falling-apart/
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/robert-mueller-tough-week-court-manafort/

Last edited:
Do you know what a majority is?

90% support the GOP, one party is not a majority.

Your post to which i responded:

"Quote Originally Posted by lurchadams View Post
Party over country. The GOP is scared poopless of Trump's base - they know Trump has almost 90% support within the GOP party. The cowardly GOP lawmakers care only about the next election - short term gain for them - long term damage to this country and our democracy."

I've highlighted and bolded the part of the post that pertains to the Republican party. The part not highlighted pertains the folks that the Dems have abandoned to to assert their Social-Democrat distopian nightmare.

The Republicans are responding to the folks who elected them. That's what a Representative in a Republic does. That base of includes a majority of Americans across the country. That's the reason that the Dems lost so many seats at every level of government during the 8 years of Obama's terms.

If you're dreams come true, the fifth in a row predicted Blue Wave election will sweep the Republicans out of office.

Then the Dems will fulfill their promises to raise taxes, lower tax revenues, reduce jobs, reduce wage rates and reduce the optimism of the American People.

This would be the Social Democrat Utopia they have promised.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom