• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The big lie: Pro-life women carry every pregnancy to term.

weaver2

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Guttmacher's demographics of women who get abortions.
38% of women who get abortions list no religious affiliation
24% of women that get abortions consider themselves to be Catholic
17% of women say they are Main-line Protestant (Methodist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, etc)
13% of women who get abortions say they belong to an Evangelical church
8% list other religions.
So pro-life people, what do you have to say about pro-life women "killing their babies"? And while we're at it let's discuss why the pro-life movement thinks it can keep pro-choice women from getting abortions when they can't even stop their own women from aborting.

17% of women say they are Main-line Protestant (Methodist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, etc)
8% list other religions.
So pro-life people, what do you have to say about pro-life women "killing their babies"? And while we're at it let's discuss why the pro-life movement thinks it can keep pro-choice women from getting abortions when they can't even stop their own women from aborting.

Do you have a link to your source?

8% list other religions.
Guttmacher - far leftwing. Soros funded. Paid to push a Marxist agenda. Next?

8% list other religions.
No pro-life woman has ever had an abortion. Period.

The usual suspects with the usual inanities.
The following statement is simply a fact... one that you can not refute, so instead, you cast aspersions.
You are literally incapable of defeating me in an argument. Let that sink in and approach this line of argument with a measured response.

The following statement is simply a fact... one that you can not refute, so instead, you cast aspersions.

You are literally incapable of defeating me in an argument. Let that sink in and approach this line of argument with a measured response.
I wouldn't even think of trying to defeat you.

Well, I can think of two possibilities where a pro-life woman has had an abortion.

First, they were either pro-choice, or had no opinion until they had one...then changed their minds after the fact and became pro-life.

Second, the abortion regretfully happened because of a medical reason to save the mother.

These things happen.

Well, I can think of two possibilities where a pro-life woman has had an abortion.

First, they were either pro-choice, or had no opinion until they had one...then changed their minds after the fact and became pro-life.

Second, the abortion regretfully happened because of a medical reason to save the mother.

These things happen.
There is only one reason that a pro-life woman has never had an abortion... it is because they became pro-choice the moment that they decided to have an abortion. It is not complicated but I understand why @weaver2 was unable to understand it.

8% list other religions.
Who says all Christians are pro-life?

If a woman is pro-life she doesn't get an abortion if she gets an abortion she's pro-choice.

That doesn't work in the reverse you can be pro-choice and never get an abortion.

There is only one reason that a pro-life woman has never had an abortion... it is because they became pro-choice the moment that they decided to have an abortion. It is not complicated but I understand why @weaver2 was unable to understand it.
What is there to understand? You believe what you believe. I'm not going to change you.

No true Scotsman drinks vodka either.

What is there to understand? You believe what you believe. I'm not going to change you.
I keep hoping that a pro-life woman will respond with something more adult than what has been posted above and actually discuss why she got an abortion and how it changed or didn't change her perspective on abortion.

How can she be pro-life if she isn't to pro-life?

You do know what pro life means don't you?

I don't think you know what it means. You seem to think it means "a woman who has never had an abortion." But this is not the definition of pro-life.

You don't have to be pro-choice to find yourself having to resort to aborting a pregnancy. Pro-life women have abortions America. Some pro-life women became pro-life after their abortions, in fact. You are welcome to personally refuse to recognize them as being truly pro-life by your own arbitrary definition, but this is just an appeal to purity.

How can she be pro-life if she isn't to pro-life?

You do know what pro life means don't you?
Here's a thought. Pro-life women consider all lives that will be effected by adding a child or another child to the family. And if a new baby will irreparably harm the life of some other family member or the mother's life she aborts the life that will hurt meaningful and conscious lives of those already born. That's pro-life.

Why do you define pro-life as the life only of the fetus. How come you can't define pro-life as promoting already born lives?

This is false. A pro life woman can abort a pregnancy.
They do it all the time. They just say they changed their mind on abortion

Reactions: lwf
Justifying ending a life is the opposite of pro life. Sorry you can't be pro life if you abort.

Can you be gay if you have ever had sexual contact with a woman?

Back
Top Bottom