• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The best analysis for why Democrats are going to lose power.

Obamacare is an improvement that came out of the Heritage Foundation.

I'm old enough to remember the garbage Heritage was churning out in 2009-10 while the Dems were working on the ACA. But sure, let's credit them instead of the Dems with the ACA covering tens of millions of Americans, saving the nation trillions on its health care tab, and leading to tangibly better care and health outcomes for millions of Americans. Why not?

lol, the stupid shit you people post is just astounding. It's so embarrassing, but wait, you people have no shame. hwo about moving to Afghanistan, it is what right wingers want for this country. They are jealous of the taliban

Of course, like every right winger, no actual argument. You can't even type more than 2 words. How embarrassing, even for moronic trolling

If two words astounds you, I don't see the need for more.

Unfortunately, Dems don't just suck at politics, they also suck at messaging. What very little they accomplished doesn't actually mean anything to voters.
True - they suck at messaging. As for what they accomplish . . . .
Biden promised student debt relief: FAIL.

Biden promised police reform: FAIL.

Biden promised Child Tax Credit extensions: FAIL.

Build Back Better: FAIL.

Minimum Wage: FAIL.
Your ability to read my entire post: FAIL Here - let me help you with that.

"There are, in fact, some global crisis not of their design or making, and there is an opposition party to whom foiling the Democrat's good intentions is seen, quite myopically, as a much more important political objective then the very welfare and viability of our nation."

Biden has followed through on his efforts to fulfill all his promises, but anyone who thinks any president can accomplish his promises without legislative support is simply stupid. Do you fall into that category?

This goes back to ineffective messaging. Any president's accomplishments - ANY president - is contingent on their party getting and holding a comfortable majority in Congress. Example: Obama's promise of fundamental healthcare reform is a perfect case in point. If his party hadn't dominated Congress his first two years in office, we would have never had the reform. Biden's promises are no different. Any FAIL is explained as simply as pointing across the aisle.
Biden promised voting rights: FAIL.
This might be the only point I'll concede in your list. But unlike the jackbooted goose-stepping Republicans, the Democrats have never marched in formation. They require a larger majority to ensure legislative victory.
If two senators can sabotage your agenda, that's a failure in leadership, and not a winning message to elect more Democrats.
No. It is EXACTLY a message to elect more Democrats. Because broad polling across the country shows that the majority of the electorate favor the Democrat's proposed policies.
Biden was PRAISING Manchin and Sinema while they were mocking him behind his back. Apparently Manchin was WAITING to see the consequences for Sinema before he tanked BBB. There were none, so he tanked it.
There was no advantage to seeing their seats filled with Republicans.
Dem leadership endorsed an anti-abortion pro-Trump democrat because they hate progressives interfering with their corporate agenda.
Dem leadership endorses whomever they think can take the seat - no different than Republican leadership.
It's a failure of Democrats on virtually every level.
?? Only whatever level you want to count.
Make a minimal effort to clean up your own house before you ask voters for power. Again.
There is no filthier house than the GOP's. By comparison, the Dems look squeaky clean.

I'm old enough to remember the garbage Heritage was churning out in 2009-10 while the Dems were working on the ACA. But sure, let's credit them instead of the Dems with the ACA covering tens of millions of Americans, saving the nation trillions on its health care tab, and leading to tangibly better care and health outcomes for millions of Americans. Why not?

The Heritage Foundation abandoned their ideas when Obama adopted them.

Breaking News: The Republican base is racist.
Sure. And Progressives all want to destroy America, which is why they are deliberately driving the economy in the ditch. [/s] :rolleyes:

I used to make fun of the overuse of the word, but, man, Americans have really become less wise as they became less empathetic towards people who weren't like them.

The Heritage Foundation abandoned their ideas when Obama adopted them.

Golly! Let me repeat: the GOP of the 1990s, like the GOP of the 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s, was not interested in doing anything about health care, other than taking it away from as many people as they could.

Massachusetts went first because it's a deep blue state, not because the GOP is deeply committed to health reform or coverage expansions. This is deranged.

You have no concept of history, apparently.

"ROMNEY: Actually, Newt, we got the idea of an individual mandate from you.

GINGRICH: That's not true. You got it from the Heritage Foundation.

ROMNEY: Yes, we got it from you, and you got it from the Heritage Foundation and from you.

GINGRICH: Wait a second. What you just said is not true. You did not get that from me. You got it from the Heritage Foundation."

Heritage did put forward the idea of an individual mandate, though it predated HillaryCare by several years. We know this because we were there: In 1988-90, we were employed at Heritage as a public relations associate (a junior writer and editor), and we wrote at least one press release for a publication touting Heritage's plan for comprehensive legislation to provide universal "quality, affordable health care."

Taranto points out that the Heritage mandate was less onerous than the Obamacare one, as it focused on coverage for catastrophic illness, rather than the comprehensive health plans that Obamacare requires. “On the other hand, Butler's vague language—‘it might also include certain very specific services…and other items’—would seem to leave the door wide open for limitless expansion,” he writes. “Whatever the particular differences, the Heritage mandate was indistinguishable in principle from the ObamaCare one. In both cases, the federal government would force individuals to purchase a product from a private company—something that Congress has never done before.”

Why are the Dems losing?
Woke BS and failed policies.

It's not the evil media, or sabotage from Republicans.

It's all on the Democrats.

Democrats, this is why ^^ you're losing voters en masse.
Bullshit. Nobody is helped with rising costs for everything and stagnant wages by who can't get an abortion or plays sports. That's bullshit that America wants to fight the culture wars all over again. You lost and you lose again. Thing is you got nothing else but the promise to protect us from Big Bird

There are 96 House Representatives and one Senator in the Progressive Caucus. I know that even most of them hold conservative views. The corporate "centrist" conservative Democrats will prevent progressive policies, as best they can.
You should know by now this is not a progressive country, but is governed from the center. Let me see if I can guess your legislative priorities.
Eliminate all nuclear weapons
Eliminate all weapons of war and disband the military
Use money saved by disbanding military to fund environmental/ climate change issues
free college for all
payoff all existing school loans
eliminate fossil fuels and mandate electric vehicles, if you can't afford one, the gov. will buy it for you
free healthcare for all
eliminate all corporations
Did I miss anything? By the way, I am a moderate democrat, but a pragmatic one. I know we won't get everything we want when we want it.

It's a combo of the political pendulum, an MSM that thrives on controversy, and a propagandized Right.

Maybe America needs to see two years of a GQP Congress to see how crazy those people have become.

Sure. And Progressives all want to destroy America, which is why they are deliberately driving the economy in the ditch. [/s] :rolleyes:

False equivalency designed to obfuscate actual truths. Trump rode the racism towards Obamare directly to the White House.

Golly! Let me repeat: the GOP of the 1990s, like the GOP of the 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s, was not interested in doing anything about health care, other than taking it away from as many people as they could.

Refute anything I've said with facts.

Hint: It's NOT the messaging.

Dems treated that last election as if everything was on the line. Yet, when they gained power to enact change, they face planted.

I know it's not your take but TYT's, but it's a terrible take. It's more of the hard left Bernie Bro "We didn't get what we wanted when we wanted it, so we quit." Works every time. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

These are the same people who sat out the mid-terms in 2010 and handed the country to Republicans for 10 destructive years even *after* the passage of Obamacare because they didn't get a public option or other things that they got excited about in 2008.

If you're angry about Democrats' failures, then campaign harder and more aggressively for the things that you want on a local, grassroots level so that there are more progressives in congress to actually get things done.

The hard left needs to learn to work with coalitions and not pout when they don't get their agenda items checked off.

Step 1: try to federally legalize weed

Step 2.a: if it passes, instantly gain massive popular support passing a bill even most Republicans agree with

Step 2.b: if it fails, make sure the public knows who’s fault it is for not being able to smoke weed. Campaign on needed more votes to get it through.
Sure, I mean if I don't like reality because my life sucks ass thanks to Left and Right, I think I should at least be able to stay stoned out of my gourd.(y)

You should know by now this is not a progressive country, but is governed from the center.

Actually untrue. Poll the policies and Americans are overwhelmingly progressive, even in red states.

I know it's not your take but TYT's, but it's a terrible take. It's more of the hard left Bernie Bro "We didn't get what we wanted when we wanted it, so we quit." Works every time. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How does this pathetic response translate into votes for Democrats?

Hint: It's NOT the messaging.

Dems treated that last election as if everything was on the line. Yet, when they gained power to enact change, they face planted.

Can't run on the child tax credit? Oh yes they can, no R's supported it and look what happened...

Then explain to me why they don't vote that way, if you can.
What progressives are there to vote for? The best we can hope for is a status quo Democrat like Biden. I actually think the Dems are more scared of progressives than they are of the regressive dreck from the GOP

These are the same people who sat out the mid-terms in 2010 and handed the country to Republicans for 10 destructive years even *after* the passage of Obamacare because they didn't get a public option or other things that they got excited about in 2008.

If you're angry about Democrats' failures, then campaign harder and more aggressively for the things that you want on a local, grassroots level so that there are more progressives in congress to actually get things done.

The hard left needs to learn to work with coalitions and not pout when they don't get their agenda items checked off.

^ A good summary of why progressives are struggling to get ANY of their platform through at the federal level.

They want all the things and they want them RIGHT NOW. They haven't understood the concept of reform over time. Hell, even mentioning that to them is like trying to force-feed garlic to a vampire.

Republicans are not gonna quit doing what works for them. We must change and get out of defensive and go on the offensive.

Who is the great Senate Parliamentarian?
He's the guy that enforces the rules the Senate wrote to protect themselves from idiots. It worked.

Then explain to me why they don't vote that way, if you can.

Democrats WIN when they run on progressive policies and lose when they don't enact them. Obama ran as a progressive, governed as a centrist, Democrats got obliterated in the midterms. People are not interested in centrism on either side. There is no center, just corporatism which is a watered-down version of Republican policies. Why would someone vote for a Republican-lite over a Republican? Its LOSER strategy.

Back
Top Bottom