• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Beauty of Science

128shot said:
its too complicated.

Since people have different morals, saying we spend public money will mean that the public must agree on it. and we most certainly do not.

Beside, the private sector is much better at these things anyway...

That is ridiculous. If that were the case, nothing would ever be done on anything because people never all agree on anything. Public money should be spent on what ever the majority of the people want it spent on. If you don't like how its being spent, then just vote out the people who are spending it.

Stem cells can be made from skin cells, and liver cells, and I guess there are parts of the nose too.

that was only discovered like a few weeks ago, and theres still more reesearch to be done.

kal-el said:
:rofl , Yea, I'm not gay or anything, even though there's nothing wrong with that, I just love that show. I guess I could post some pics of Lana from that show, but then again, I really don't care what anyone thinks of me.

This one don't get rattled.:wink:

SouthernDemocrat said:
That is ridiculous. If that were the case, nothing would ever be done on anything because people never all agree on anything. Public money should be spent on what ever the majority of the people want it spent on. If you don't like how its being spent, then just vote out the people who are spending it.

I guess you agree with me.

The majority of people think stem cell research= playing god

So its working...

128shot said:
I guess you agree with me.

The majority of people think stem cell research= playing god

So its working...

Well, before the majority thought that IVF was "playing God".

kal-el said:
Well, before the majority thought that IVF was "playing God".

I guess you aren't a waiting man. you're a "go now" type guy huh...

I think you should jack up your tolerance level and just wait it out for a couple years, you'll see, more people will accept stem cell research.

128shot said:
you'll see, more people will accept stem cell research.

I'm sure you're right, look at Bill Frist's sudden change of heart on the issue.

Did anyone wait in line to get the new x-box360? It looks awesome, even though I'm not into video-games. It shows what technology we have. 30 years ago, people would have thought we were performing miracles by talking in a cell-phone. It seems the information tidal wave is upon us, we have ipods, realistic game consoles, digital tvs, satellite tvs, and of course, the internet. On it we can talk to anyone around the world with a simple click of a mouse.:2razz:

kal-el said:
Did anyone wait in line to get the new x-box360? It looks awesome, even though I'm not into video-games. It shows what technology we have. 30 years ago, people would have thought we were performing miracles by talking in a cell-phone. It seems the information tidal wave is upon us, we have ipods, realistic game consoles, digital tvs, satellite tvs, and of course, the internet. On it we can talk to anyone around the world with a simple click of a mouse.:2razz:

I'm not getting it right away but I might at some point in the future. I'm a big fan of video games. Although mostly what I've been playing for the last 5 years have been PC games.

kal-el said:
The Pope says we are moving too forward too fast

The Pope also urged people to listen to what modern science has to offer and not become wrapped up in fanaticism.

The Real McCoy said:
The Pope also urged people to listen to what modern science has to offer and not become wrapped up in fanaticism.

I don't beleive that, link please?

Back
Top Bottom