• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The "Ask The Atheist/Agnostic/Non-Believer" Thread

What's the point of discussing with someone being disingenuous?
What's the point of discussing with someone who can't comprehend?
Exactly.
Why you brought those things into this thread we’ll never know.

There is nothing else to say.
Except this:

Question:

If my thread was inspired by Sherlock’s, why should it be restricted to only his comments and context?

Can it encompass more?

Of course, the honest answer is simple: “It’s your thread, make it whatever you want.”

Let’s start with the obvious. Sherlock’s thread was dishonest, disingenuous, and false on every level. His title, the OP, and everything he posted with regards to any rebuttal of his OP was flat-out condescending and/or just plain ignorant. The very definition of “false premise”.

So, I decided to take his false narrative, and make it an actual avenue for real and honest discussion/debate.

I never intended, wanted, or expected to have this thread be solely, strictly, and rigidly confined to anything specific Sherlock said or posted about in his OP. His comments (thread title) “inspired” this thread, but that’s where it stops.

My thread is open to any question, from any DP member, to any non-believer, agnostic, or atheist.

The fact that Sherlock’s thread made fallacious claims against atheists and nobody else, has no bearing on whether I should, should not, can, or can’t include agnostics and non-believers in my thread. Why should it?

I see no reason to exclude them from an open debate/discussion.

Sherlock was never the singular target for this thread. I did not quote him in the OP just for that reason.

The target of this thread was ANYONE who has/had the same mindset as Sherlock.

The only questions left unanswered in this thread is why someone can’t understand such a very simple, clear, and legitimate OP?

Since that person isn’t an atheist I guess that answer will have to wait for another day. Or, perhaps we all know the answer.

So supposedly we're afraid to answer questions are we?

Go ahead.
Ask your question.

Now keep in mind, an answer "you don't like", or refuse to accept is still an answer.

If you ask me/us what was before The Big Bang, or what created/started The Big Bang, and I/we say "I don't know", that's an actual and honest answer.

So go ahead.
Ask the questions the we atheists/agnostics/non-believers are supposed to be afraid to answer.

(I wonder if this thread will last as long as the one that "inspired" it? Somehow I doubt it.)
It has been my experience that the least deist individuals ask the most questions and are least concerned about answering them, or being able to. I take it that someone with a parochial worldview tried to assert the opposite. I can guess who that might have been, but I like the premise of the thread, and there is no reason to beat a dead horse or expect its resurrection.

Back
Top Bottom