• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Airport to Nowhere

Saved our economy? Have you been sleeping for the past 5 months?

You must have been. The DJIA is above 9,000. Goldman Sachs has posted record revenue, as well as some other big companies. GM and Chrysler entered, and succesfully exited Chapter 11 in about 1 month, and are now doing quite well. Our only worry now is that our economy is doing too well, and that inflation might rise.

Alright first off whats up with the personal attack huh must you always try to slam me on something???

Now for the rest of your post. No I'm not in the FAA my Dad was for almost 30 years and one of the many thigns he did in the FAA was do Evols of Airports that have requested funding.

While the States make the request it is the FAA that actually goes out and looks the airports over they have a list of 50 items that they check ranging from how good the runway lights system is working to the checking of the ILS and Outer Markers.

I think you really don't understand the job of the FAA you do understand that every State has at least two FAA office's located in the State and on eof them are FSDO Building which is tasked to do among many items Airport Safety and Updates.

And since we are talking about Alaska which has more Aircraft per person then any other State then yes they do check these request out and like I said this Airport has been on the list for 10 years now.

1. I advise everyone with spelling errors to correct them. With you, I've just been dealing with them for quite some time now.

2. When exactly was your Dad in the FAA? Not being mean, but as you are a grown man with a job, presumably for some time now, your dad must be somewhat old. Going off of that, he must have retired some time ago. Things change, as we all know.

3. If things work the same way, and going off that the aircraft has been on the list for 10 years now, I imagine that there must have been a lot more important airports, which actually need the improvements, and because there are so many extra funds going around to stim the economy, some finally found their way to the extraneous improvements.

And if the FAA is working off a standard template for all airports, with major regional airports being larger, I can imagine that it is only getting funds because it is the only airport in the area, and it needs to meet those pre-set standards. In which case, the FAA is exorbitantly wasteful.

1. I advise everyone with spelling errors to correct them. With you, I've just been dealing with them for quite some time now.

2. When exactly was your Dad in the FAA? Not being mean, but as you are a grown man with a job, presumably for some time now, your dad must be somewhat old. Going off of that, he must have retired some time ago. Things change, as we all know.

3. If things work the same way, and going off that the aircraft has been on the list for 10 years now, I imagine that there must have been a lot more important airports, which actually need the improvements, and because there are so many extra funds going around to stim the economy, some finally found their way to the extraneous improvements.

And if the FAA is working off a standard template for all airports, with major regional airports being larger, I can imagine that it is only getting funds because it is the only airport in the area, and it needs to meet those pre-set standards. In which case, the FAA is exorbitantly wasteful.

Yea I know I have a bad habit of not checking my spelling your not the only one who gives me crap my Girlfriend does it all the time, you should hear her sometimes:mrgreen:

My Dad has been retired from the FAA since 2002 or as he likes to say retarded. He did many types of Job in the FAA was a Check Pilot,Facilty Inspector,Crash Investigator to name a few of his jobs. The Funny thing is not much has change since he has retired.

Yes allot of airports get put on to these list and depending on the priority of the request say the Airport needs a new ILS system because the old one is out of date well that Airport will get priority over an airport that is looking to just improve its taxi ways and lighting systems. I'm not sure about this airport have never been in to it nor have I check up on it on the FAA Data Base.

As for Pre Set Standeer yes and no the FAA does have a stander inspection form for airport improvement but like all Gov. stuff it's just used as a guide line. While I can't speak for this airport I have dealt with other airports that are sort of like this one, I'm from Rural Maine and we have a few of these Small Regional Airports and most if not all Small Regional Airports in the United States are on the Funds list because they always get over looked for funding.

One item I would like to point out is these small airport up in Alaska are the life line to the outside World they bring in all of the Food,Fuel,Doctors,Mail ect. ect. I bet if you did a follow up question to the person who said he used his boat and ask him if he has ever flown out or recieved any food or fuel via the cargo Aircraft that fly in and out of their he will say yes. I did a quick check and this Town is on Buffalo Airways stop points.

Buffalo Airways is the largest Air Cargo Company in Alaska they provide about 95% of stuff to the small isolated Aslaskan Villages.

Back
Top Bottom