• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Aether (1 Viewer)

Those are very elementary descriptions. Not much in there is new info to me. I'm unable to see where my question is answered or even refuted in either of those. If anything, they support my question.

The PDF starts out with the title: "Warping Spacetime"

The second link has a section titled: "Gravity is the Curvature of Spacetime"

Spacetime is what gets warped, which yields gravitational force. Spacetime is the "cosmic soup", as Niel DeGras Tyson called it, which makes up the "emptiness" or "vacuum" of space. How is that any different than the Aether? Why can't spacetime and the Aether be the same thing?

It explains the motion of planet Mercury, and all other objects with very high velocities, better than Newton's laws do. It also explains gravitational lensing. Do you have another theory that explains and predicts these phenomena even better?

Perhaps you didn't notice, but I'm offering some science-based support for your idea that the Aether may exist. I think it's the spacetime continuum described in the ToR, and we're just not looking for it correctly.

Sigh, you can't warp space nor time, don't you see that?

Everyone just repeating what some dumb scientists are saying.

again, you can't warp space.

Thanks to the ridiculous and extremely stupid and therefore wrong theories of the plagiarist called ein-stein ( meaning just one half of a brain ;) ), the aether was abandoned.
However, now it is coming back in al kind of backdoors.

Now , if you have read my other thread that nothing, technologywise came out of 'Modern Academic Science".
might makes more sense. Because all the real technological inventions made use of the Aether.
So, new inventions made by "Modern Academic Science"'after 1929-1930 were not possible.

Why is the "Modern Academic Science" so keen on surpressing the idea of an Aether?

Is there any disproved wacky un-scientific thing out there that you don't believe in?

wooo woooo woooooooo

Prove it. Post your proof complete with the math. Show us why spacetime can't bend. I bet you can't.

Oh ic, too difficult to response?

Says the guy who never responds to questions about his proof. Irony meters expand, bend and explode! Jack Nicholson. No wonder that you have abandoned that thread, we are still waiting for the evidence that you don't have.

Thanks to the ridiculous and extremely stupid and therefore wrong theories of the plagiarist called ein-stein ( meaning just one half of a brain ;) ), the aether was abandoned.

Now , if you have read my other thread that nothing, technologywise came out of 'Modern Academic Science".
might makes more sense. Because all the real technological inventions made use of the Aether.
So, new inventions made by "Modern Academic Science"'after 1929-1930 were not possible.

Why is the "Modern Academic Science" so keen on surpressing the idea of an Aether?

There really are no words.

Those are very elementary descriptions. Not much in there is new info to me. I'm unable to see where my question is answered or even refuted in either of those. If anything, they support my question.

The PDF starts out with the title: "Warping Spacetime"

The second link has a section titled: "Gravity is the Curvature of Spacetime"

Spacetime is what gets warped, which yields gravitational force. Spacetime is the "cosmic soup", as Niel DeGras Tyson called it, which makes up the "emptiness" or "vacuum" of space. How is that any different than the Aether? Why can't spacetime and the Aether be the same thing?

I will have to think about that. In the meantime, you ought to know that Palandro claims that Jack Nicholson helped to clean up houses after the Manson Murders. He doesn't have a lot of evidence for that.

Perhaps we should not do that. We should view his posts with silent laughter.

I would never laugh.

So far as you know.

The aether was not abandoned or suppressed. It was destroyed by Thanos.

Then Thor went back in time, got it, used it to bring everyone back, and then Capt America 'disappeared it.'

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

There really are no words.

well there are, but they are either not polite or require credentials to use with credibility.

I’m still trying to find “Laurel Canyon.”

What is an “aether?”

I can’t believe I asked..........

It's the idea that the vacuum of space is still some type of Medium that we haven't yet discovered.

More specifically, that space is not nothingness.

It's the idea that the vacuum of space is still some type of Medium that we haven't yet discovered.

True, there is quantum foam. Palandro says that quantum theory is nonsense but so far he hasn't told us why.

It barely qualifies as an "idea". More of an ancient/medieval fudge word used to push unanswerable questions to the side, like how gravity could operate or how light travels. File under "crap like 'the humors.'"

It barely qualifies as an "idea". More of an ancient/medieval fudge word used to push unanswerable questions to the side, like how gravity could operate or how light travels. File under "crap like 'the humors.'"

Like 'miasma' when they were trying to figure out how diseases spread in past centuries.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Palandro, I have rather above average knowledge in this area of physics so I'm interested in what you have to say, so what do you have to say exactly?

If you claim the (Luminiferous) aether is real then what happens to the concept of general covariance?

Why is the aether any more intellectually satisfactory than the concept of a field or action-at-a-distance?

And all of it was based on inaccurate assumptions about light.

Our illustrious OP is just another flavor of conspiracy theorist. Conspiracy theorists need to invent a collection of bad people trying to suppress THE TRUTH, MAN. It’s a way to feel special, and to give yourself a semblance of control.

In this case, all the scientists are bad but I know the REAL science... but that can’t be something they push, so I’ll pick something they dismiss. Aether must be true because scientists rejected it, and scientists are bad. They’re in on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom