• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 1900's --- Music hath charm to soothe the savage beast or Make it RAGTIME!

I'M AWFUL GLAD I MET YOU sung by Ada Jones and Billy Murray would be yet another hit in 1909 for the pair: . And that same year Van Brunt & Miss Florede would also make a hit of it.

Harold Jarvis would have a sentimental hit of BEAUTIFUL ISLE OF SOMEWHERE in 1909 and you may imagine it was forgotten and lost to the cobwebs of time: Fortunately, every now and again something happens and what was lost and forgotten is re discovered (an excerpt broadcast from Radio Heartland):

Last edited:
The airplane or as it was once more properly called "aeroplane" was a new novelty. In 1909 the Haydn Quartet along with Harry Macdonough would record a popular hit song surround this marvelous new invention for VICTOR Records with the song titled UP, UP, UP IN MY AEROPLANE:

Last edited:
Walter Van Brunt would make a recording hit of WHEN I DREAM IN THE GLOAMING OF YOU
George Madden would also record this song for ALBANY INDESTRUCTIBLE Cylinder Records the same year (1909):

Arthur Collins would have a racial hit with THAT's A PLENTY: This is being played on an Edison 1909 FIRESIDE Cylinder Phonograph.

DIXIE LAND, I LOVE YOU ---- would be another VICTOR Record selling hit for Billy Murray in 1909:

And so we kiss the 1900-1909 good-bye. We will see what 1910 will bring.

Back
Top Bottom