• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The “Wussification” of Society

It is always fascinating to come here and see ridiculous responses and premises from "The Libs of DP" and how they project who and what they are onto others. In this case, wimps.
How many pull-ups can you do from a dead hang?

12 reasons kids from the '60s and '70s shouldn't be alive right now

okay, this picture doesn't look very dangerous (except smashing heads on blacktop) but i wanted to post it because i had a bike like the one in the middle.

A Childhood of The 70's Versus Today. Are We Just Lucky We Survived Our  Youth or Have Our Kids Really Missed Out On Something Wonderful? — A-Broad  In London

LOL. I'm actually old enough to remember the Pinto. There was PLENTY wrong.

I had a gf who owned a Pinto. I'm not much of a Ford fan, but it wasn't a bad little car for its time.

Are you suggesting that you do pullups and because of that most of the Libs of DP are therefore not wusses?
I am asking you, a guy calling others wimps, how many pullups that you can do?

Corsair. Ralph Nader's claim to fame was his calling out the Corsair, not the Pinto.
The post I quoted mentioned both those cars. Both were subject to massive lie campaigns.

That's a good reason for kids to be legally able to smoke cigarettes.
I don’t think there actually is any law against kids smoking cigarettes.

I don’t think there actually is any law against kids smoking cigarettes.

In my state of Illinois in 2019, tobacco products were banned from being sold to those under 21. Interestingly enough, at the same time they scrapped the possession prohibition for those under 21.

I think some local governments have ordinances.

You defined significance by whether it was worth the inconvenience. My point.

And again, if you're going to deny that helmets can prevent or mitigate head injuries, that's an extraordinary claim.
Again, you would need to show there is a net improvement, as in no other harms caused by wearing the helmet while driving, such as that would come from a hindrance to eyesight, hearing, and/or range of motion.

You're wrong, because there were no limitations on motor vehicle capacities, and the boat ramps had been opened up, but only two people to a boat. How many times will I have to correct you on this? I believe you are deflecting to avoid addressing whether that policy makes sense.
No, I'm not. I provided the link to the stay at home orders as they were and when they were lifted.

The boat capacity thing was setup specifically so that people could fish, as the governor put that out. It wasn't for pleasure boat rides.

You are the one who doesn't know what rules and why you were under when you're complaining about it. I provided links that prove I'm right.

Again, you would need to show there is a net improvement, as in no other harms caused by wearing the helmet while driving, such as that would come from a hindrance to eyesight, hearing, and/or range of motion.

Nearly everything has trade offs. Airbags can be deadly on occasion. "No other harms" is a ridiculous standard. Those "other harms" apply to a helmet in other circumstances as well.

Hey though...I don't care if you don't wear a helmet in your car or on your motorcycle. As you said, inconvenience must be accounted for in the cost benefit analysis.

No, I'm not. I provided the link to the stay at home orders as they were and when they were lifted.

The boat capacity thing was setup specifically so that people could fish, as the governor put that out. It wasn't for pleasure boat rides.

You are the one who doesn't know what rules and why you were under when you're complaining about it. I provided links that prove I'm right.

Please prove the two assertions in your first paragraph, since apparently you think that makes the bone head idea of 4 people hauling a boat but only 2 in the boat sensible.

It was called Corvair. It wasn't a bad little car either. It was a car of a type Americans weren't used to.

The post I quoted mentioned both those cars. Both were subject to massive lie campaigns.

Ah, yes the Corvair. "Unsafe at any speed". A little interesting snippet below:

GM fought back viciously. In sworn Senate testimony, then-CEO James Roche admitted that the automaker illegally tapped Nader's phone and hired prostitutes to tempt the young lawyer, all in an attempt to smear and discredit him. Nader's work directly inspired the unanimous passage of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act by Congress, which eventually led to the adoption of standardized crash testing and mandatory safety equipment in all new cars. By the time Nader's book was published, the Corvair had already gotten a redesigned suspension that mitigated the issues of the early cars; the model continued production until 1969.
If the Corvair was such a "great little car", why did GM behave like mobsters to try to "rub out" Nader? Read on in the article and you'll see when test-driven? Not such a "great little car"!

Last edited:
Ah, yes the Corvair. "Unsafe at any speed". A little interesting snippet below:

If the Corvair was such a "great little car", why did GM behave like mobsters to try to "rub out" Nader? Read on in the article and you'll see when test-driven? Not such a "great little car"!

GM's actions in response to Nader's own hit piece have nothing to do with the Corvair being a good car or not.

Back
Top Bottom