• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The “Phony” Scandal That Just Won’t Go Away

The Republican mindset never ceases to amuse me. Apparently now Obama is hiding the truth by not having the FBI publicly interview someone who is freely going around telling people everything he knows. No, clearly the way for Obama to show an open investigation of this situation would be to kidnap this man, throw him in a CIA detention facility and interrogate him in secrecy. That's how you show you're not hiding anything.

:lamo It's amazing Republicans possess the capability of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Well then you tell me why the picture of the individual CNN found is being passed around by the Administration as a wanted individual? Looks like you don't know nearly as much about this issue as you think you do.

What is obvious is nothing is ever going to change your mind about this President. Too bad you don't seem to have the same passion for your own job as you do about defending someone who couldn't care less about you or anyone else but himself.

Well then you tell me why the picture of the individual CNN found is being passed around by the Administration as a wanted individual? Looks like you don't know nearly as much about this issue as you think you do.
Read my post again. While I have very little confidence you'll actually understand it, those who aren't interested in only presenting partisan posts will understand.

What is obvious
What's obvious is that I'm not a simple-minded political sheep who lacks the ability to think about things for myself. I'm not someone who desperately grasps for anything which might push the narrative I want to believe. That's what's obvious.

is nothing is ever going to change your mind about this President.
No, deceit and stupidity will not change my mind. How about you present something legitimate, which isn't cloaked in obvious political bias, and then we might talk.

Too bad you don't seem to have the same passion for your own job as you do about defending someone who couldn't care less about you or anyone else but himself.
As usual, this makes absolutely zero sense. You don't have the first clue about anything related to my job and I highly suggest you keep your ignorant comments about my personal life to yourself.

Read my post again. While I have very little confidence you'll actually understand it, those who aren't interested in only presenting partisan posts will understand.

What's obvious is that I'm not a simple-minded political sheep who lacks the ability to think about things for myself. I'm not someone who desperately grasps for anything which might push the narrative I want to believe. That's what's obvious.

No, deceit and stupidity will not change my mind. How about you present something legitimate, which isn't cloaked in obvious political bias, and then we might talk.

As usual, this makes absolutely zero sense. You don't have the first clue about anything related to my job and I highly suggest you keep your ignorant comments about my personal life to yourself.

Makes no sense to continue this with you as nothing is going to change your mind. What makes no sense is how so many people can be brainwashed by this President and liberalism. You didn't address a thing I posted. CNN found one of the suspects in the attack that Killed Ambassador Stevens who claims that neither the Libyan or American Governments have talked to him and they spent 2 hours interviewing him. "Your" President claimed he would do everything possible to get those responsible and bring them to justice. Guess looking for the perpetrators isn't part of doing everything possible to solve the issue.

I have seen no ability of yours to think independently or that you aren't single minded but then that seems to be the case with liberals. Have a good day

You didn't address a thing I posted.
Yes I did. I even addressed it before you posted it. Like I said, I had little confidence you'd understand it. When you take your blinders off, you might get it too.

Yes I did. I even addressed it before you posted it. Like I said, I had little confidence you'd understand it. When you take your blinders off, you might get it too.

You are right, Sly, I don't understand people like you and never will. You continue to buy what you are told by an Administration whose record is one of distorting and diverting while using people like you to spread their message? Please let me know when those that killed Ambassador Stevens were brought to trial as I must have missed it? In addition name for me one other President who ever attended a fund raiser on the day that our country was attacked?

You and others want badly to believe what this President tells you but the reality is he is either incompetent or a liar. Which is it?

Oh, by the way how about telling me what I have posted that isn't legitimate? Didn't CNN do an interview with a guy that the Administration said was involved?

Last edited:
You are right, Sly, I don't understand
I know you don't. The reason you don't understand is because you don't want to understand. All you want to do is put on a team uniform and root root root for the Republican team.

When you take your blinders off, you'll have a much better chance of understanding.

I know you don't. The reason you don't understand is because you don't want to understand. All you want to do is put on a team uniform and root root root for the Republican team.

When you take your blinders off, you'll have a much better chance of understanding.

Yes, you are so right and know me so well. I grew up a Democrat, was a JFK Democrat, believed like you do in the Democrat Party as the party of compassion. Grew up when I realized the party left me as I always have been a conservative. There is no place in today's Democratic Party for a conservative. JFK's economic policy was conservative.

You are the one with blinders. You need to realize that what the party tells you isn't verified by the results and it is results that matter.

Yes, you are so right and know me so well.
I don't know you at all, except to know you have absolutely no objectivity when it comes to discussing Obama.

You are the one with blinders. You need to realize that what the party
What party? I don't have a party. That's the difference between you and me, I don't have to spout provably false claims to support my team. I am not obligated to a team like you are, I only obligate myself to facts.

it is results that matter.
No, truth matters. Your posts constantly cherry pick information to support your preconceived notions and you simply ignore all the other information which proves that notion wrong. You have consistently done this in nearly every thread I've debated with you, so I know it's not merely a coincidence. In this thread alone, you've put out provably false statements, indicating you have no problem posting lies to try and make a point.

At the end of the day, Obama said it correctly. These were "phony" scandals, completely manufactured by the Republican Party to try and undermine the President's ability to move the American public to action on certain things. It was simply politics, but it doesn't validate what they made up in any way. They lied when they said no help came for Stevens. They lied when they said we could have sent reinforcements and didn't. They lied about the White House e-mails on the IRS case. And unlike what you keep trying to claim about Obama, these are PROVABLY false claims. They are 100% lies. Even in your attacks on Obama, you make room for the possibility it was incompetence (by the way, you can keep posting your false dichotomies, they'll never be a valid argument). But Republicans blatantly lied. There is absolutely no disputing that. And they lied to trump up these "scandals" to turn the American people against Obama.

For you to sit there and deny these things shows you clearly have no interest in truth.

Slyfox696;1062134871]I don't know you at all, except to know you have absolutely no objectivity when it comes to discussing Obama.

Do you know what objectivity means? Results are objective and I judge Obama just like I judged Bush on results not rhetoric. There isn't one economic number today better than the Bush average number over his 8 years and economic growth and debt are much, much worse.

What party? I don't have a party. That's the difference between you and me, I don't have to spout provably false claims to support my team. I am not obligated to a team like you are, I only obligate myself to facts.

You do talk a lot, spouting false claims? What false claims I have spouted? You see, you want to believe what you are told but actual data refutes it.

No, truth matters. Your posts constantly cherry pick information to support your preconceived notions and you simply ignore all the other information which proves that notion wrong. You have consistently done this in nearly every thread I've debated with you, so I know it's not merely a coincidence. In this thread alone, you've put out provably false statements, indicating you have no problem posting lies to try and make a point.

So what data exactly is cherrypicked? My data comes from bls.gov, bea.gov, and the U.S. Treasury which is verifiable thus not cherry picked data

At the end of the day, Obama said it correctly. These were "phony" scandals, completely manufactured by the Republican Party to try and undermine the President's ability to move the American public to action on certain things. It was simply politics, but it doesn't validate what they made up in any way. They lied when they said no help came for Stevens. They lied when they said we could have sent reinforcements and didn't. They lied about the White House e-mails on the IRS case. And unlike what you keep trying to claim about Obama, these are PROVABLY false claims. They are 100% lies. Even in your attacks on Obama, you make room for the possibility it was incompetence (by the way, you can keep posting your false dichotomies, they'll never be a valid argument). But Republicans blatantly lied. There is absolutely no disputing that. And they lied to trump up these "scandals" to turn the American people against Obama.

For you to sit there and deny these things shows you clearly have no interest in truth.

Sorry but when American people die under an attack on U.S. soil in foreign lands and the Administration lies about it, that isn't a phony scandal. The only thing manufactured are the defense of the indefensible. I hope you get paid well for your loyalty for if not making a fool of yourself really isn't worth it. You really are brainwashed and hopefully one of these days you are going to ask yourself why you allowed yourself to be brainwashed.

The economic results should turn the American people against Obama for you see in the real world results matter, not rhetoric.

Do you know what objectivity means? Results are objective and I judge Obama just like I judged Bush on results not rhetoric. There isn't one economic number today better than the Bush average number over his 8 years and economic growth and debt are much, much worse.

You do talk a lot, spouting false claims? What false claims I have spouted? You see, you want to believe what you are told but actual data refutes it.

So what data exactly is cherrypicked? My data comes from bls.gov, bea.gov, and the U.S. Treasury which is verifiable thus not cherry picked data

Sorry but when American people die under an attack on U.S. soil in foreign lands and the Administration lies about it, that isn't a phony scandal. The only thing manufactured are the defense of the indefensible. I hope you get paid well for your loyalty for if not making a fool of yourself really isn't worth it. You really are brainwashed and hopefully one of these days you are going to ask yourself why you allowed yourself to be brainwashed.

The economic results should turn the American people against Obama for you see in the real world results matter, not rhetoric.

You compare a Bush 'average' with the next guy who was left with the worst economic circumstances in 75 years and you DON'T think you're being disingenuous? Really? You REALLY think that's an apples to apples comparison?

How about we compare Bush's LAST DAY IN OFFICE with TODAY?

And the mission is not US soil. Nice mischaracterization to drum up fake patriotic outrage. But you are a demamgogue, so it's not unexpected.

Do you know what objectivity means?
Yes, which is why I know you have no interest in it.
Results are objective
But the conditions surrounding them are complex. If I ask you to run a marathon and you don't finish it, is that because you're lazy and incompetent? Or does it have something to do with the fact the marathon was in Germany and held two days ago?

Only people not interested in truth try to dismiss context.

There isn't one economic number today better than the Bush average number over his 8 years and economic growth and debt are much, much worse.
Once more, you cherry pick facts in your attempt to use nonsensical information. You never give up.

Compare what we have today to what Bush left for Obama. Then get back to me. You won't though, because you know how bad it looks for your team.

You do talk a lot, spouting false claims? What false claims I have spouted?
As an example:
Do you realize he has issued more executive orders than any other President so how is that champion under the law?
Completely and 100% false.

So what data exactly is cherrypicked?
Look above where you compare the situation right now to an "average" of Bush's presidency. If you don't understand how stupid that is to compare one moment to an average over 8 years, an average which continued to decline throughout those 8 years before the bottom fell out at the end, then I suggest you take the blinders off.

That's cherry picking data.

My data comes from bls.gov, bea.gov, and the U.S. Treasury which is verifiable thus not cherry picked data
Where you get the information has absolutely nothing to do with cherry picking information. For example, Barry Bonds was a terrible baseball player because he only hit .223. That would be cherry picking verifiable data, because I'm only looking at one season when he was 21, and not including all of the other relevant data to go along with it which showed Bonds to be a Hall of Fame baseball player, even before using steroids. Or, using an example parallel to your Bush average argument, Albert Pujols is the best hitter in baseball this season, because his career average is .321 with 41 HR and 124 RBIs. Just ignore how he's actually played this year.

That's what you do. You never want to look at the big picture, you want to cherry pick information from certain points and then try to make a sweeping general statement. It's dishonest.

Sorry but when American people die under an attack on foreign soil and the Administration lies about it, that isn't a phony scandal.
It is when you lie about what happened to try and make the situation sound much worse than it was. By the way, I assume you are demanding George W. Bush to be thrown in jail, right? After all, thousands of Americans died on foreign soil with his lie.

Nevermind, that was rhetorical in nature. I know you aren't demanding that, for the same reason Republicans consider this a "scandal" but not the lies which sent thousands of Americans to their death. Team politics.

The only thing manufactured are the defense of the indefensible.
Nonsense. This entire "scandal" was manufactured and you know it. Deep down, you know Republicans exploited the tragic deaths of four Americans for political gain. Even if you don't want to admit it consciously, you know.

I hope you get paid well for your loyalty for if not making a fool of yourself really isn't worth it. You really are brainwashed and hopefully one of these days you are going to ask yourself why you allowed yourself to be brainwashed.
You make provably false statements, you defend others who blatantly lie about what really happened, you cherry pick information while ignoring the facts which prove you wrong, and you say I'm a fool and brainwashed. The irony is thick.

Anyways, like I told you in the other thread, I'm done dealing with you in this thread. Even I have a limit to how much lying and deception I can tolerate from a team cheerleader.

You compare a Bush 'average' with the next guy who was left with the worst economic circumstances in 75 years and you DON'T think you're being disingenuous? Really? You REALLY think that's an apples to apples comparison?

How about we compare Bush's LAST DAY IN OFFICE with TODAY?

And the mission is not US soil. Nice mischaracterization to drum up fake patriotic outrage. But you are a demamgogue, so it's not unexpected.

You certainly bought the marketing spin, how did the recession of 2007-09 affect you and your family and yes, Bush's record includes 2008 and is much better than Obama's. It has been over four years since the end of the recession and the economic numbers aren't any better than what they were in January 2009.

I know this is hard for you to understand because results don't matter, but Bush never had a trillion dollar deficit, Bush never added 6.2 trillion to the debt in less than 5 years, Bush never had over a million people discouraged, Bush never had 50 million on food stamps and over 100 million dependent on taxpayer assistance, and Bush never had the record low labor participation rate we have under Obama.

As for U.S. Soil, didn't they ever teach you in school that embassies and consuls belong to the country that inhabit them. You, sir, are part of the problem, not part of the solution which no liberal has offered

You certainly bought the marketing spin, how did the recession of 2007-09 affect you and your family and yes, Bush's record includes 2008 and is much better than Obama's. It has been over four years since the end of the recession and the economic numbers aren't any better than what they were in January 2009.

I know this is hard for you to understand because results don't matter, but Bush never had a trillion dollar deficit, Bush never added 6.2 trillion to the debt in less than 5 years, Bush never had over a million people discouraged, Bush never had 50 million on food stamps and over 100 million dependent on taxpayer assistance, and Bush never had the record low labor participation rate we have under Obama.

As for U.S. Soil, didn't they ever teach you in school that embassies and consuls belong to the country that inhabit them. You, sir, are part of the problem, not part of the solution which no liberal has offered

TRY AGAIN.

Contrary to popular belief, diplomatic missions do not enjoy full extraterritorial status and are not sovereign territory of the represented state.[5][6] Rather, the premises of diplomatic missions remain under the jurisdiction of the host state while being afforded special privileges (such as immunity from most local laws) by the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. (Wiki)

Now read that VERY SLOWLY and get back to us.

As to the rest of your post. The cherry picking accusation could not have been more correct about you. It's actually funny. I can pick just as many econimic indicators and figures that paint a different picture. One example - Did obama double the debt.....Bush did. See what I did there.

Did Obama actually push a tax break and then prosecute 2 wars for trillions of dollars and not try to rescind the tax cuts? What president in AMERICAN history has gotten us involved in 2 wars and not imposed a tax to pay for those wars? I'll wait for your answer, but I'll supply my own. NONE. No president has EVER been so economically irresponsible to begin to fronts of aggression costing trillions without at least ATTEMPTING to provide the means to pay for it.

Your turn. (Don't forget to use the terms brainwashed and rhetoric)

Last edited:
Slyfox696;1062134973]Yes, which is why I know you have no interest in it.
But the conditions surrounding them are complex. If I ask you to run a marathon and you don't finish it, is that because you're lazy and incompetent? Or does it have something to do with the fact the marathon was in Germany and held two days ago?

Only people not interested in truth try to dismiss context.

You claimed I cherry picked the data not put up or shut up. And yes, being a conservative I am lazy and incompetent as I actually verify the rhetoric from you and other liberals.

Once more, you cherry pick facts in your attempt to use nonsensical information. You never give up.

Compare what we have today to what Bush left for Obama. Then get back to me. You won't though, because you know how bad it looks for your team.

As an example:

Completely and 100% false.

Your opinion noted, we came out of recession in June 2009, what economic policies did Obama have implemented that led to that recovery and why are the economic numbers so poor today? As for executive orders Obama has been in office 4 plus years not 8

Look above where you compare the situation right now to an "average" of Bush's presidency. If you don't understand how stupid that is to compare one moment to an average over 8 years, an average which continued to decline throughout those 8 years before the bottom fell out at the end, then I suggest you take the blinders off.

That's cherry picking data.

Why would you judge anyone's performance on what they did in one year, a year when the Democrats controlled the Congress and the pursestrings, Did you ever take a civics class?

Where you get the information has absolutely nothing to do with cherry picking information. For example, Barry Bonds was a terrible baseball player because he only hit .223. That would be cherry picking verifiable data, because I'm only looking at one season when he was 21, and not including all of the other relevant data to go along with it which showed Bonds to be a Hall of Fame baseball player, even before using steroids. Or, using an example parallel to your Bush average argument, Albert Pujols is the best hitter in baseball this season, because his career average is .321 with 41 HR and 124 RBIs. Just ignore how he's actually played this year.

Thanks for bringing up Barry Bonds because obama put Bush spending on steroids. name for me one successful economic policy of Obama's that generated the projected results?

That's what you do. You never want to look at the big picture, you want to cherry pick information from certain points and then try to make a sweeping general statement. It's dishonest

I am looking at the big picture and therein lies your problem, liberalism is a complete disaster and failure by any measurement

It is when you lie about what happened to try and make the situation sound much worse than it was. By the way, I assume you are demanding George W. Bush to be thrown in jail, right? After all, thousands of Americans died on foreign soil with his lie.

If you believe that Bush lied why didn't you demand impeachment and why didn't Congress under Democrat Control do that? Think about it, you think you are so smart, let's see if you can come up with the answer or do you need help?

Nevermind, that was rhetorical in nature. I know you aren't demanding that, for the same reason Republicans consider this a "scandal" but not the lies which sent thousands of Americans to their death. Team politics.

Don't know where you were during the Bush term but everything was considered a scandal by the left and people like you

Nonsense. This entire "scandal" was manufactured and you know it. Deep down, you know Republicans exploited the tragic deaths of four Americans for political gain. Even if you don't want to admit it consciously, you know.

Your opinion noted, you are certainly a good little tool of the left. Hope the fund raising was worth it.

You make provably false statements, you defend others who blatantly lie about what really happened, you cherry pick information while ignoring the facts which prove you wrong, and you say I'm a fool and brainwashed. The irony is thick.

Hope you are getting paid well for your loyalty to this incompetent Administration

Anyways, like I told you in the other thread, I'm done dealing with you in this thread. Even I have a limit to how much lying and deception I can tolerate from a team cheerleader.

Yes, do what all liberals do, run when challenged with the facts. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?

You cry so much about Libya and you don't even know it was a MISSION that was attacked. Holy crap.

And as for it being US soil--see my previous post. Jeez, where'd you go to school?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom