• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

THC toxicity

Gabapentin may not be a drug you’re familiar with but it is definitely one that has the attention of many. Known as Neurontin, Gralise, and Horizant as a generic drug, it is used to treat seizures as an anticonvulsant. That is what it is primarily prescribed for. Yet, there are other uses. It is also used to help with anxiety, pain, restless leg syndrome, tremors, hot flashes, and psychiatric issues. Some doctors even prescribe it to treat herpes and pain from shingles. There is another reason though that people use it – and that is to experience a high similar to marijuana. In this article, we will look at a Gabapentin high and what you need to know about this drug.
=============================================
I have no need to get high any more as the body builds up a tolerance you get diminishing effects with prolongefd use. That I don't have a noticeable tolerance to Xanax after 40+ years may be because it binds to 2 different receptors while THC binds to only one.

Yeah, I use it, but I didn't realize it was used for so many things. Herpes??

Herpes zoster = shingles. If you had chicken pox, you have HZ. No idea what g is used for with this.

One might think ... but not in this case. Out cold, taken by ambulance, and a couple of days in the hospital on each occasion. There must be some threshold of toxicity - and he must have reached it.
lol sure. Anything else that you want to be dishonest about? Could you explain the mechanism or are you going to just keep up this line of bull?

I haven't been dishonest about anything. I've only provided the known facts.

I'm not a toxicologist. I'm just providing an on topic anecdote. What is your agenda on the subject?
You shared your opinion, void of facts. I do not have an agenda. You made a wild claim without any "facts" that you want me to believe. Face the fact that you cannot prove your wild claim with any facts.

You shared your opinion, void of facts. I do not have an agenda. You made a wild claim without any "facts" that you want me to believe. Face the fact that you cannot prove your wild claim with any facts.
?? It very much appears you DO have an agenda. What are you trying to prove with your post?

I do not need to prove anything. I'm only relating the known facts of this anecdote. Take it or leave it. I don't give a ****.

The father of the lad in question, my sister's fiance, said he OD'd three times. Fact.
He was taken away by ambulance. Fact.
He spent days in the hospital on each occasion. Fact.
The attending physician said he had OD'd on pot. Fact.

You seem to be all jammed up with the idea that a person cannot OD on pot. Here's a clue for you. A person can OD on almost anything. A person can OD on broccoli. A person can OD on carrots. Almost anything in sufficient excess can damage a person's body, and put them in the hospital. And if a person is allergic to something, it can even kill them!

Did you know that more than 70% of Americans drink coffee every single day? And yet a person can OD on caffeine. It's rare, but it can happen. How do you not know that? Did you know that a person can OD on too much water? It can overload your kidneys, and even flush all the electrolytes out of your body, causing your heart to stop.

All life is chemical, and sufficient excess creates chemical imbalances.
Try to learn something, and drop your agenda.

?? It very much appears you DO have an agenda. What are you trying to prove with your post?

I do not need to prove anything. I'm only relating the known facts of this anecdote. Take it or leave it. I don't give a ****.

The father of the lad in question, my sister's fiance, said he OD'd three times. Fact.
He was taken away by ambulance. Fact.
He spent days in the hospital on each occasion. Fact.
The attending physician said he had OD'd on pot. Fact.

You seem to be all jammed up with the idea that a person cannot OD on pot. Here's a clue for you. A person can OD on almost anything. A person can OD on broccoli. A person can OD on carrots. Almost anything in sufficient excess can damage a person's body, and put them in the hospital. And if a person is allergic to something, it can even kill them!

Did you know that more than 70% of Americans drink coffee every single day? And yet a person can OD on caffeine. It's rare, but it can happen. How do you not know that? Did you know that a person can OD on too much water? It can overload your kidneys, and even flush all the electrolytes out of your body, causing your heart to stop.

All life is chemical, and sufficient excess creates chemical imbalances.
Try to learn something, and drop your agenda

Obviously you did not just share that story for kicks. You have a purpose/agenda. You may believe that you can make wild claims and get away with it. But this is indeed a debate forum and I am calling you on your made-up story.

I called you on your fantasy claim and it upset you. It should not have. You should have been able to back your claim. We both know you cannot. Until you can your claim is meaningless rumors.

Now your silliness with mentioning excessive usage of water and not. Yes, it is a possibility that massive amounts of anything can be dangerous. But your examples do not show that THC is toxic. Nor does your story. And that is why you were telling stories and splaining to me about basic knowledge.

Obviously you did not just share that story for kicks. You have a purpose/agenda. You may believe that you can make wild claims and get away with it. But this is indeed a debate forum and I am calling you on your made-up story.

I called you on your fantasy claim and it upset you. It should not have. You should have been able to back your claim. We both know you cannot. Until you can your claim is meaningless rumors.

Now your silliness with mentioning excessive usage of water and not. Yes, it is a possibility that massive amounts of anything can be dangerous. But your examples do not show that THC is toxic. Nor does your story. And that is why you were telling stories and splaining to me about basic knowledge.
tenor.gif

There are plenty of actual medical risks to using cannabis. No need to share anecdotal stories about someone you heard of overdosing. You could have backed that up with an example of someone overdosing on cannabis and needing a hospitol stay. You did not even attempt anything, but just had to tell me that you do not give a ****.

Instead of freaking out over being challenged in a debate, try debating instead of attacking. I offered you a chance to defend yourself and you failed. In the end it looks like your story was imaginary. I mean you could always try, but....just go back to whining I guess.

There are plenty of actual medical risks to using cannabis. No need to share anecdotal stories about someone you heard of overdosing. You could have backed that up with an example of someone overdosing on cannabis and needing a hospitol stay. You did not even attempt anything, but just had to tell me that you do not give a ****.

Instead of freaking out over being challenged in a debate, try debating instead of attacking. I offered you a chance to defend yourself and you failed. In the end it looks like your story was imaginary. I mean you could always try, but....just go back to whining I guess.
tenor.gif

There is. As I said, I've taken them for years - but only when I need them. My last prescription was in 2021 or 2022 (my Dr retired, and my new doc doesn't like them) and out of the 120 pills prescribed for the year, I still have probably 70 of them left. It may depend on why you take them, or how severe the problem you're taking them for is, but it can be done.

Yea, i didn't realize you were talking about intermittent use.

I was thinking of people who take them daily.

Yea, i didn't realize you were talking about intermittent use.

I was thinking of people who take them daily.

Daily, yeah you're going to get addicted.

My MD is so accomadating that I take 1 mg along with 50 mg of trazodone, which is a anti-depressant that I found was widely prescribed to insomniacs like me. I'm in lala-land within 30 minutes.

Xanax does have a metallic-like taste. Characteristic of triazolobenzodiazepines which have a unique effect which is why tapering or weaning off them is awful. Valium (diazepam) binds to one receptor but Xanax binds to two. It's that triazolo side chain part that binds to a different receptor.
I used edibles for sleep after my husband died. It worked like magic for several years but gradually I built up such a tolerance that it did not help much and I felt it was contributing to, rather than helping with anxiety. Since I discovered Trazadone for sleep, I don't use edibles any longer. I can't say the Trazadone helps with anxiety. I dream more with Trazadone than I did with pot. I do wonder what is worse for the brain- drugs or insomnia? I just hope I am not developing another dependency....

I used edibles for sleep after my husband died. It worked like magic for several years but gradually I built up such a tolerance that it did not help much and I felt it was contributing to, rather than helping with anxiety. Since I discovered Trazadone for sleep, I don't use edibles any longer. I can't say the Trazadone helps with anxiety. I dream more with Trazadone than I did with pot. I do wonder what is worse for the brain- drugs or insomnia? I just hope I am not developing another dependency....
I read that either too much or too little sleep is associated with mortality in the elderly (65+?). I use both Xanax & trazodone. I also recently found that the OTC drug AZO cuts down on the pain associated with even a partly filled bladder. I take one at bed time & one after I get up to urinate. That's 200 mg. More than that creates blood & kidney problems.

Trazodone is an anti-depressant that I read is widely prescribed for insomnia. You can build a tolerance to trazodone I've read.

Shingles virus.

I had the unfortunate experience of shingles in the spring of 2022? I have never in my life experienced such pain and my doctor prescribed me gabapentin.

It helped take the edge off.

(And folks, if you are old enough…get the shingles vaccine)

Herpes zoster = shingles. If you had chicken pox, you have HZ. No idea what g is used for with this.
Gabapentin treats nerve pain.

The shingles virus causes horrifying nerve pain that feel like “shocks” or “zaps” of pain - at least that’s what I experienced and why I was prescribed it.

Sounds like he was doing a combo. Pot will get you into fits of hysterical laughter (my own experience) but the only way it could get you hospitalized is by droppiong a 10-lb brick of it on your foot.
Hitting a pen of some sativa just twice sent me into atrial fibrillation. I hit the deck twice. Out cold, heart pounding, in and out of consciousness. Both my wife and I thought I was going to die. 3 days in the hospital.

Hitting a pen of some sativa just twice sent me into atrial fibrillation. I hit the deck twice. Out cold, heart pounding, in and out of consciousness. Both my wife and I thought I was going to die. 3 days in the hospital.
Don't do that again.

Back
Top Bottom