• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thankyou obama voters

I can.
Your question is settled law... the "authority" comes from the constitution and the Supreme Court ruling last June.
You really should try to pay attention.:lamo

really?

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.

it is the state government which have power in the daily life's of the people, not federal.

no where in the constitution does it give authority to the government to rule or dictate to the people.

You should be punished for buying something that the government disagrees with? Wow..
No. You should pay your way if your "coverage" is so bad that it makes you go to the ER for a cold.
No one is being "punished".
It was a republicon idea.

really?

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.

it is the state government which have power in the daily life's of the people, not federal.

no where in the constitution does it give authority to the government to rule or dictate to the people.
Yes ...Really...
Take your case of constitutional disagreement to the Supreme Court.
They have ruled.

Yes ...Really...
Take your case to the Supreme Court.
They have ruled.

yes, they have unconstitutionally, becuase judge Roberts for one ...moved the law from commerce to taxation, which was illegal, judges adjudicate law, they dont change or make laws.

i am sorry you are unable to follow america's founding principles.

You can just accept the government punishing you for not taking part in commerce. :lamo I can't believe you guys keep saying that.
You really have to go a long way to pervert things, don't you? Perhaps faux news drove you there.

I was talking about the argument in general, not sawyers case.
Get a lawyer and take it to the Supreme Court and try to re-open and re-argue their decision.
This law was settled as being constitutional last June.

No. You should pay your way if your "coverage" is so bad that it makes you go to the ER for a cold.

Why would you go the doctor for a cold? Sorry, but that is wasting the doctors time. I do however enjoy how your complaint is rooted in bad government policy.

No one is being "punished".

Other than those being punished, that is.

It was a republicon idea.

Is this where I'm supposed to care?

Last edited:
You really have to go a long way to pervert things, don't you? Perhaps faux news drove you there.

Sorry, but I perverted nothing. Maybe you just can't deal with your own arguments being thrown back in your face.

yes, they have unconstitutionally, becuase judge Roberts for one ...moved the law from commerce to taxation, which was illegal, judges adjudicate law, they dont change or make laws.

i am sorry you are unable to follow america's founding principles.
I give you the same advice I gave Henrin:

Get a lawyer and take it to the Supreme Court and try to re-open and re-argue their decision.
A conservative Court has ruled in favor of a republicon idea and you are blaming me for not understanding founding principals.
Get over it the law is settled.

Want to tell me how you can use the taxing and spending clause outside the enumerated powers?

I checked out what my insurance cost will be under obamacare yesterday and found out I will pay $150.00 a month. I am semi retired and have a low income so you Obama voters in your earning years will subsidize my insurance to the tune of $1600.00 a month. You will pay more for your insurance in order to subsidize mine and I don't wanna hear any whining OK. You guys wanted this and you got it, thanks for the free ride. I will LOL every time I pay my $150.00 knowing you Obama voters that are trying to buy homes and raise a family and get ahead in life are writing a check for ME! The rest of you poor suckers that didn't vote for Obama and are now supporting me have my sympathies.

Ahhh look at the naked attempt to get the young mad and not get Obamacare.

Funny thing is, your insurnace will be higher. 1.5 times higher infact. that is the limit on price spreads on age.

And the subsidys are the same for all ages or anything else but income.

the guy paying for your insurance makes over $200k, and SCREW THEM anyway! LOL

Why would you go the doctor for a cold? Sorry, but that is wasting the doctors time. I do however enjoy how your complaint is rooted in bad government policy.

Other than being punished, that is.

Is this where I'm supposed to care?

Thousands of infirm and frail people die from the common cold left untreated every year. The cost of ER treatment can be twenty times the cost of a doctors visit, or more.
The responsibility of healthcare freeloaders to pay something was a republicon idea. I really don't care if you don't care about that . I am simply stating fact.

Want to tell me how you can use the taxing and spending clause outside the enumerated powers?

Again your argument is not with me ...it is with the Supreme Court...
Good luck with that.

Thousands of infirm and frail people die from the common cold left untreated every year.

Infirm and frail people can die from just about anything. For the vast majority of people they are wasting the doctors time when they go in for the common cold.

The cost of ER treatment can be twenty times the cost of a doctors visit, or more.
The responsibility of healthcare freeloaders to pay something was a republicon idea. I really don't care if you don't care about that . I am simply stating fact.

You know another way to make freeloaders pay? Repeal the stupid ER treatment law that made it a problem to begin with. Just sayin'..

So all you have is an instance where he was trying to do something unconstitutional in 1791. :lol: Yeah, it's not like he had an agenda to have a national bank or anything at that point.
Umm, seems you're straying far away from what you said. Let me remind you ...

Sheik Yerbuti: The general welfare clause is not limited to the enumerated powers. Hamilton and Madison were at odds over that, with Madison feeling as you do and Hamilton believing the Congress was not limited by that list. The U.S. Supreme Court agreed with Hamilton.

Henrin: Sorry, but Hamilton never said any such thing

It matters not that you think it's unconstitutional, which you're wrong about as well since the U.S.S.C. ruled that it is ...

You claimed Hamilton never said the Congress is not limited to the enumerated powers ... I prove you wrong by showing where he did say that, so what do you do? Do you simply admit you were wrong? No, you tried to change the argument.

And then you failed there too! :lamo :lamo :lamo

You do realize that a doctor is treating you for a cold even if you go to the emergency room, don't you??

I checked out what my insurance cost will be under obamacare yesterday and found out I will pay $150.00 a month. I am semi retired and have a low income so you Obama voters in your earning years will subsidize my insurance to the tune of $1600.00 a month. You will pay more for your insurance in order to subsidize mine and I don't wanna hear any whining OK. You guys wanted this and you got it, thanks for the free ride. I will LOL every time I pay my $150.00 knowing you Obama voters that are trying to buy homes and raise a family and get ahead in life are writing a check for ME! The rest of you poor suckers that didn't vote for Obama and are now supporting me have my sympathies.

I said in this forum many...many times ...Republicans always act against their own interest!! And here's a classic case.

This doesn't surprise me ...almost always when there's a government program the rats howl and squeal that the world is coming to and end ....and when no ones looking ....like suckling they run to the trough to feast!

The farce that food stamps for example benefits only urban non-whites ..is just that ...a farce. The rats wail away at these programs and then run to their mailboxes in the south for their ..."government checks"!!

And we understand this very well because most republicans states ...are not donor states and often fed by the very democrats they despise.

So surprise ...surprise ....we have one rat who've seen through the lies spewed by fox news and the right wing about Obama Care!!

Umm, seems you're straying far away from what you said. Let me remind you ...

Sheik Yerbuti: The general welfare clause is not limited to the enumerated powers. Hamilton and Madison were at odds over that, with Madison feeling as you do and Hamilton believing the Congress was not limited by that list. The U.S. Supreme Court agreed with Hamilton.

Henrin: Sorry, but Hamilton never said any such thing

It matters not that you think it's unconstitutional, which you're wrong about as well since the U.S.S.C. ruled that it is ...

You claimed Hamilton never said the Congress is not limited to the enumerated powers ... I prove you wrong by showing where he did say that, so what do you do? Do you simply admit you were wrong? No, you tried to change the argument.

And then you failed there too! :lamo :lamo :lamo

Fine, I was wrong, but the fact remains he made that statement out of his desire for a national bank in 1791, not out of defending the constitution. I was hoping you would find me where he said that when talking to the people, not when supporting an agenda that he knew was wrong.

In any event, I'm aware of what the SC said about the matter. They just happen to be wrong.

Fine, I was wrong, but the fact remains he made that statement out of his desire for a national bank in 1791, not out of defending the constitution. I was hoping you would find me where he said that when talking to the people, not when supporting an agenda that he knew was wrong.

In any event, I'm aware of what the SC said about the matter. They just happen to be wrong.
No, they're not.

I give you the same advice I gave Henrin:

A conservative Court has ruled in favor of a republicon idea and you are blaming me for not understanding founding principals.
Get over it the law is settled.

it not a matter of a lawyer, its clear the government is outside the constitution

Care to tell me how?
Because one of the enumerated powers is to provide for the general welfare of the nation. That's a vague, open ended power which is subject to discretion. A discretion which has been upheld time and time again by the U.S.S.C.

Back
Top Bottom