• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thank God For The Chicago Shooting

Wow. You are lost on this aren't you? I am pro gun. I posted the material as a point to highlight how the media uses fear mongering to push the agenda. An agenda of which they really don't understand.

If you are offended...good. The point was not act as an extra cool pillow on a hot night. It was meant to provoke you into thought. So. Maybe we can get to the issue at hand?

Do you think that the weapon choice is relevant to the 2 shootings? Or so you think the issue we face is deeper than some face value talking point like "more gun laws?"
You provoke me in to hating your guts. How is that for provocation? Anything else the mods would get all bent.

Why can't he use sarcasm? The left uses hyperbole all of the time and its totally accepted and this author uses sarcasm and that's wrong?

I don't agree with a lot of the OP's point of view, but his presentation of sarcasm was on point. "good thing this shooting happened" no gun owners wants that, "assault weapons are murdering millions each day" a play on the lefts hyperbole directly and "evil NRA nazis" is practically a slogan of the radical left anti gun movement and they deserve the mocking its intended to provide.

Here we are sunday, click over to cnn.com (that's mainstream right) and without the search function find the Chicago shooting details, without the search function find the Washington DC Navy Yard details? They are almost gone already - why? Those details don't fit the hyperbolic rhetoric needed by the anti's to promote their agenda against the 2nd amendment.

And having a 3 year old getting shot in the face, is a good thing? Really? Think about what you just posted, I will be waiting for you to walk that back.

Why can't he use sarcasm? The left uses hyperbole all of the time and its totally accepted and this author uses sarcasm and that's wrong?

I don't agree with a lot of the OP's point of view, but his presentation of sarcasm was on point. "good thing this shooting happened" no gun owners wants that, "assault weapons are murdering millions each day" a play on the lefts hyperbole directly and "evil NRA nazis" is practically a slogan of the radical left anti gun movement and they deserve the mocking its intended to provide.

Here we are sunday, click over to cnn.com (that's mainstream right) and without the search function find the Chicago shooting details, without the search function find the Washington DC Navy Yard details? They are almost gone already - why? Those details don't fit the hyperbolic rhetoric needed by the anti's to promote their agenda against the 2nd amendment.
He can use all the sarcasm he wants, but he also needs to be prepared for those who dont buy into his sarcasm and find nothing funny or sarcasm warranting about about a child getting shot.
And instead of going after someone who criticizes him. He may learn the art of explaining himself before insulting people.

He can use all the sarcasm he wants, but he also needs to be prepared for those who dont buy into his sarcasm and find nothing funny or sarcasm warranting about about a child getting shot.
And instead of going after someone who criticizes him. He may learn the art of explaining himself before insulting people.

In light of Professor who used shooting to wish death upon NRA members’ kids placed on leave,(washingtontimes.com), I think it's valid.

On the news they said it was dredlocked men firing a rifle that fired 7.5 rounds.
WTF is a 7.5 and were is the gun?????????

That would be French or Swiss military.

Back
Top Bottom