• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas man barely restrains himself from shooting 6 year old girl looking for her kitty

Therein lies the problem with social media.

In some ways there is encouragement for people, who are otherwise likely rational and sane, to speak stupidly in some 'heat of the moment' rant to the masses never considering that someone else out there might react to the post assuming they have a green light to solve a simple event of a child ringing a doorbell with a gun.

Welcome to the new America (perhaps renewed,) shoot first and the hell with who is shoot. Or even why.
It might make more sense for paranoid people like these to build a moat around their houses and lower the drawbridge only for welcomed guests. Some wonder why there's a problem with loneliness in this country, but fearing anyone coming to your door and others fearing approaching doors is certainly a contributor.

I mean we all make mistakes, but I suspect the only thing he is sorry about is he holds a job requiring some sort of public trust.

Likely he is about to get fired.
Well, if it was some other state. But, Texas? Not likely.

I am not a gun grabber, but something struck me here.

How many people would have to be shot ringing doorbells before it is a problem?

It is always a problem. 1 is a problem.

It is a problem with individuals being dumbasses. We should prosecute the shit out of the individual who did it, like we do every other crime, not the 89,999,995 who didn't do it.

I thought doorbells are made to announce yourself. What a creep.

I am not a gun grabber, but something struck me here.

How many people would have to be shot ringing doorbells before it is a problem?
Judging from the thread, 329,999,997.

It's the latest trend. Always answer the door with your gun ready. That way if it's an innocent child/teen you can at least scare them if not shoot them in the head. And if it is the police knocking they can shoot you dead as soon as they see the gun. Either way you can get your 5 minutes of fame. Comes back to the same old saying - you get the country you create.

If I lived in the US I'd wear a set of Fallout 4 level 4 power armour and have a fatmanm nuke launcher loaded and ready with 4 nukes before I contemplated anserwing my door.

You can't be safe enough these days.
If I'm going down I'm taking the entire town or city with me.

I'd also have ED-209 standing ready in my garden.

Dangerous behavior in America:
Ring the wrong doorbell.
Get in the wrong car.
Pull into someone else's driveway.
Really, what spooks these people so?

Really, what spooks these people so?
Yeah, I'm fascinated by this mainly because I compare it to my experience growing up in a bad neighborhood, and I never had this unhealthy fear of people. What I and others learned was to be smart at assessing risk.

It is always a problem. 1 is a problem.

It is a problem with individuals being dumbasses. We should prosecute the shit out of the individual who did it, like we do every other crime, not the 89,999,995 who didn't do it.

Is this person going to lose their gun? And if not, why are we trusting him with one? Because he had the sense not to actually cross the line and shoot someone for just being at the door?

Gun violence can't be merely a mental health crisis when we turn a blind eye toward people displaying obvious symptoms having one and of being a public danger.

Yeah, I'm fascinated by this mainly because I compare it to my experience growing up in a bad neighborhood, and I never had this unhealthy fear of people. What I and others learned was to be smart at assessing risk.

Being afraid and not being able to cope or deal with it is often worse than being in a situation that might make you afraid. If your fears are imagined there is literally no way to deal with the actual danger. Peoples reactions to such can range from paranoia, to superstition, or even obsessive compulsive behavior.

You learned what you needed to do to protect yourself and feel safe. If you had imagined your fears the only way to cope with them would have been to deal with your inner turmoil.

I haven’t rang a doorbell in like 40 years. Anybody who rings a doorbell these days is crazy. Where was this child’s parents?

I haven’t rang a doorbell in like 40 years. Anybody who rings a doorbell these days is crazy. Where was this child’s parents?
I'm not going to say that this was predicatable, but there are as-yet undiscovered tribes in the Amazon that knew you would somehow blame this on someone other than the psychotic weather dude.

Gonna be a lot of dead letter carriers, given that the postman, who as that great 1946 noir film pointed out, always rings twice.

Texas Man was just reacting to the recent wave of juvenile delinquent TicTok doorbell ringers. It's the Chinese malware invading our children's minds and causing them to act out like this.
I get it. There are a whole bunch of Manchurian Candidate kids out there who have been brainwashed by the Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom