• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Border Sheriffs: There is No Crisis and We Don’t Want Trump’s Wall

Gee bud, you know what they say about assumptions, don’t ya?

Then again, it’s always amusing watching someone in Confederacy land try and call anyone else an idiot :lamo

Still living in the past I see.
But if that's all the ammo you have, then you came severely underprepared to this discussion.

Still living in the past I see.
But if that's all the ammo you have, then you came severely underprepared to this discussion.

You fantasizing about your Dear Leader does not qualify as a discussion buddy.

Given the amount of hysterical shrieking of “communism” southerners have been doing about Confederate statues coming down.... y’all have no room to talk :lamo

You fantasizing about your Dear Leader does not qualify as a discussion buddy.

Given the amount of hysterical shrieking of “communism” southerners have been doing about Confederate statues coming down.... y’all have no room to talk :lamo

So, do you have any proof of me doing any of this shrieking?

Or is this more evidence that you're simply going to lack like always?

She's not running for president, so we need not worry.

Her job is to stay strong and not give Trump an inch.

She can pose in front of the new wall.:2razz:

BTW, did you see the Fentanyl confiscation? Enough to kill 57 million people. But, hey, that and cocaine and weapons and human/sex trafficking and migrant caravans, etc, etc, etc is all good. Nothing to see here....move along.

Last edited:
Tiger made no such point and seeing as even you can't point it out for yourself. You're doing nothing but much of the same that Tiger does, which is just bluster and scream at your screen. Nice try though.

lol, another empty-headed reponse, I see. Clearly, you can't address the FACT that border sherriffs (across the entire southern border) ALL agree that there is no need for a wall...and that there is no "emergency", nor any massive "invasion" of immigrants to worry about at this point. You know it, and that's why you keep deflecting in each new response. It's pretty weak sauce, honestly.

I get the feeling that you don't really get what it is a wall really does, or are you just that desperate to be correct?

:lamo
Oh, please....tell us what YOU believe the wall would "really do".

This is your chance to say finally put some substance behind all of your empty rhetoric. Let's discuss what YOU believe the wall would do, versus what ALL experts have already determined it will ACTUALLY do (or NOT do).

So...please, don't run away now.....just "enlighten" us. Tell us what the wall would "really do", and be prepared to back up your opinions with substantive arguments, objective facts, studies, etc.

Gee.....looks like Oborosen has conveniently exited this thread, rather than address my challenge.

I'm surprised....shocked, even.:cool:

She can pose in front of the new wall.:2razz:

BTW, did you see the Fentanyl confiscation? Enough to kill 57 million people. But, hey, that and cocaine and weapons and human/sex trafficking and migrant caravans, etc, etc, etc is all good. Nothing to see here....move along.

As has been pointed out multiple times, the fentanyl/meth bust today took place at a cross border checkpoint where the drugs were found in a cargo trailer filled with Mexican vegetable. The drugs were found by a trained 'sniffer' dog. A 30 ft tall wall stretching from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico would have made zero impact on this attempt. We should spend more money on training sniffer dogs - screw the stupid wall. One might think the wall has become little more than a solid object the tRumpies can actually see and appreciate, as they seem to have problems understanding less visible solutions

Just another drug-smuggling attempt like the 95% of successful drug runs as noted in the trial of El Chapo. The drugs come into the US either on cargo vessels or commercial truck and trailers through normal entry points, hidden away in the legal cargo.

She can pose in front of the new wall....

The paraphrase the NRA, Mr President you can have the money for the wall from our cold...dead...fingers....

...BTW, did you see the Fentanyl confiscation? Enough to kill 57 million people. But, hey, that and cocaine and weapons and human/sex trafficking and migrant caravans, etc, etc, etc is all good. Nothing to see here....move along.

I just caught word of it...and all done without a wall.

QED.

As has been pointed out multiple times, the fentanyl/meth bust today took place at a cross border checkpoint where the drugs were found in a cargo trailer filled with Mexican vegetable. The drugs were found by a trained 'sniffer' dog. A 30 ft tall wall stretching from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico would have made zero impact on this attempt. We should spend more money on training sniffer dogs - screw the stupid wall. One might think the wall has become little more than a solid object the tRumpies can actually see and appreciate, as they seem to have problems understanding less visible solutions

Just another drug-smuggling attempt like the 95% of successful drug runs as noted in the trial of El Chapo. The drugs come into the US either on cargo vessels or commercial truck and trailers through normal entry points, hidden away in the legal cargo.

Simple, build the wall, funnel everyone through these checkpoints and scour the hell out of whatever they are trying to bring in.

The paraphrase the NRA, Mr President you can have the money for the wall from our cold...dead...fingers....

I just caught word of it...and all done without a wall.

QED.

The wall is coming. Whether Pelosi votes any money toward it will be irrelevant. It's pretty sad seeing the Trump haters try to justify stopping the wall on cost grounds. At $25 billion, it would cost one half of one percent of the Federal budget and we may not even need that much. But all the billions wasted elsewhere the left doesn't care about in the least. It's 100% about opposing Trump, US security be damned. Quite shameful.

Simple, build the wall, funnel everyone through these checkpoints and scour the hell out of whatever they are trying to bring in.

The wall is coming. Whether Pelosi votes any money toward it will be irrelevant.

You people are not getting your wall.

Every expert study has concluded there is no need for more wall.

The American public is overwhelmingly against it.

EVERY single border sherrif along the entire southern border (almost all of whom are republicans) is against it.

There is no immigration crisis.

And EVERYONE understands that the REAL motivation of you and your ilk is founded upon racial/cultural bigotry, fear and resentment.

So, sorry but....you lose. Get used to it.

Once again - the vast majority of illegal drug shipments enter the US thru legal checkpoints, either on the border with Mexico or in one of the many seaports. A wall built across desert and mountains would do next to nothing in stopping drugs entering this country. Have you ever heard of these things called airplanes?

EVERY single border sherrif along the entire southern border (almost all of whom are republicans) is against it.

And EVERYONE understands that the REAL motivation of you and your ilk is founded upon racial/cultural bigotry, fear and resentment.

Naturally, you can't marshal any rational argument against the wall. The border patrol overwhelmingly says that we need much more substantial physical barriers on the border. Or are you OK with fentanyl, heroine, cocaine, weapons and human trafficking? How much is acceptable for you? How many more illegal aliens should we add to the ones already here? How many more migrant caravans should we have to deal with?

I'm also not surprised in the least that you have to revert to your default position of ascribing racial motives to those who want the wall. It's like a dog with his favorite chew toy. Well, here's a newsflash for you: LEGAL immigrants want the wall, too. Are they all racists? Of course not but you need to deflect because the arguments that the wall is not needed or won't work are clearly false and everyone knows it. I'm sure you know it, too, but your Trump mania has gotten the better of you. Lastly, I challenge you to find ONE post I've ever made in here that disparaged any racial minority. I don't blame the people coming here for wanting to come but that does not infer an obligation on our part to take them. We have no such obligation.

So, in the end, you are left clinging to the thin reed of racism as a way to argue against wall proponents because you have nothing else. Nothing at all.

Once again - the vast majority of illegal drug shipments enter the US thru legal checkpoints, either on the border with Mexico or in one of the many seaports. A wall built across desert and mountains would do next to nothing in stopping drugs entering this country. Have you ever heard of these things called airplanes?

I disagree that it will not have an impact on drugs coming here but, even if we agreed on that, it most certainly will have an impact on the number of people who can sneak in here illegally. This is a question of security, of economics and of our national sovereignty. We have 12-20 million illegal aliens here so whatever we've been doing up to now has clearly failed. There is no persuasive argument not to protect the border with a more substantial physical barrier but the left must make the argument anyway because they must oppose Trump.

Why no links to back up your statement of "EVERY single border sherrif along the entire southern border (almost all of whom are republicans) is against it."

Here is one for you.
"There are many places where physical barriers make sense and are in fact the best solution to securing the border. They should be constructed without delay"
"Sheriff Napier worked with Sheriff Wilmot of Yuma County, Chairman of the Southwest Border Sheriffs’ Coalition (SWBSC) and released a position statement, "
Sheriff?s coalition releases statement about border security, immigration

The question is who to believe, you or the SWBSC? Pretty easy to choose when one researches what some are saying. :lamo

Really? Check this out, you might learn something:

]

A child's answer. That's like saying that if anyone ever picked a lock it must mean that locks don't work. Pure stupidity. BTW, if walls don't work and are immoral when are Pelosi and the rest of the lib elite tearing down the ones around their homes? I'll be waiting for that.

I disagree that it will not have an impact on drugs coming here but, even if we agreed on that, it most certainly will have an impact on the number of people who can sneak in here illegally. This is a question of security, of economics and of our national sovereignty. We have 12-20 million illegal aliens here so whatever we've been doing up to now has clearly failed. There is no persuasive argument not to protect the border with a more substantial physical barrier but the left must make the argument anyway because they must oppose Trump.

Obviously, for some there is "no persuasive argument" but for others there is an understanding that modern technology in combination with old-fashioned methods such as trained dogs and more agents - did you know the Trump administration has paid a recruiting agency $13.6 MILLION to hire TWO new agents for the Border Patrol? - for some reason Border Patrol has had a problem hiring people for several years, despite the ongoing "surge in illegal immigration" (actually illegal immigration has dropped dramatically since 2007).

"The US Border Patrol, the CBP's law enforcement arm at the US borders, has a statutorily established minimum staffing level of just over 21,370 agents, not including the additional request from the president.

"Border Patrol staffing levels peaked in 2010 with 21,444 agents nationwide, down to 19,555 in 2018.

"However, there was a net gain of 120 agents in 2018 — the first year that had had a net gain since 2013, according to CBP data."

lol, another empty-headed reponse, I see. Clearly, you can't address the FACT that border sherriffs (across the entire southern border) ALL agree that there is no need for a wall...and that there is no "emergency", nor any massive "invasion" of immigrants to worry about at this point. You know it, and that's why you keep deflecting in each new response. It's pretty weak sauce, honestly.

Oh, please....tell us what YOU believe the wall would "really do".

This is your chance to say finally put some substance behind all of your empty rhetoric. Let's discuss what YOU believe the wall would do, versus what ALL experts have already determined it will ACTUALLY do (or NOT do).

So...please, don't run away now.....just "enlighten" us. Tell us what the wall would "really do", and be prepared to back up your opinions with substantive arguments, objective facts, studies, etc.
Seeing as you keep ignoring that it's exactly zero of these sheriffs that are in charge of actually making this decision. I'm going to chalk up that part of your post to a lapse of memory.

You do know that the wall wasn't meant to fully stop anything right?

It will help to slow the flow of illegal immigration into a quantity that can more easily handled.

Back
Top Bottom