• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas' 6-Week Abortion Ban Takes Effect

Clearly they were since they wanted the unborn baby dead.
When most people who get abortions get them, they want the embryos out of their bodies. That those embryos do not survive is because they had no more life of their own to live.

Some people who get abortions probably do want the embryos dead, e.g., in cases of rape, but you said yourself that there should be an exception for rape.

When most people who get abortions get them, they want the embryos out of their bodies. That those embryos do not survive is because they had no more life of their own to live.

Some people who get abortions probably do want the embryos dead, e.g., in cases of rape, but you said yourself that there should be an exception for rape.

We're not talking about abortions here, but about people who murder pregnant women because they won't get abortions.

We're not talking about abortions here, but about people who murder pregnant women because they won't get abortions.
The people you were talking about were not pro-choice, because pro-choice people want the pregnant woman to have the right to choose. If you are willing to murder a pregnant woman because she chooses not to get an abortion, you are not pro-choice, by definition. You are so anti-choice you're willing to commit murder of a born person to impose your choice on someone else.

To quote the late Justice Ginsberg "I wish our brethren would take their foot off our necks".

The SCOTUS refuses to stop the 10.000 dollar bounty, but A.G. Garland is going to test it with a law suit. Texas went too far!

It seems men know more than women when it comes to reproduction, at least they THINK they do. With the new Texas law that refuses abortion in cases of rape or incest is unusually cruel, and no women wants a deeply flawed bastard child who may be mentally flawed. Texas better ramp up their welfare payments because the state will be raising them. I can't imagine such egregious laws. Apparently these men want to keep women 2nd class citizens, incapable to make decisions about their own reproductive health. The alternative would be to travel to a different state for the service. No one cares to know what the possible reasons are. The alternative, if totally struck down, is "back alley abortions" under questionable health conditions, and the unlicensed person doing it. For health & safety, is why this law prevails, extreme right wing laws are unfair & egregious. I hope Abbott's days are numbered, and voted out. You can do it, Texas.

It seems men know more than women when it comes to reproduction, ...... Apparently (these) men want to keep women 2nd class citizens, incapable to make decisions about their own reproductive health.
Umm, women have known this for ages and ages, in fact, ever since Adam blamed Eve for making him to eat the apple that God told him not to eat.

Texas' 6-Week Abortion Ban Takes Effect Overnight - https://www.npr.org/2021/09/01/1033171800/texas-abortion-ban-supreme-court-

Here we go.

I thought this was unconstitutional? I thought the SCOTUS would step in and prevent this?

I wouldn’t be heartbroken at all if Texas ever decided to secede.

If course this opens the door for the true morons of the south, Mississippi and others, to follow suit.

Idiocy.

Back
Top Bottom