• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Terror levels go up - Must mean Bush's approval ratings down

disneydude

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Once again Bush and his administration are playing the politics of fear. Anyone who can't see the correlation between the "fear index" and Bush's approval ratings is either an absolute Bush apologist or simply have their head in the sand.

...and you Bush apologists claim that Bush doesn't govern by polls.....please......!

Last edited:
Once again Bush and his administration are playing the politics of fear. Anyone who can't see the correlation between the "fear index" and Bush's approval ratings is either an absolute Bush apologist or simply have their head in the sand.

...and you Bush apologists claim that Bush doesn't govern by polls.....please......!
What are you talking about??

The terror-alert level changed to high (orange ) in August 2004 for the financial districts in NYC, New Jersey and Washington, DC and again in July 2005 for only mass transit systems in large cities after the London bombings.

It's been at "elevated" (yellow) for the rest of the country since May 2003.

disneydude said:

Hey Mickey or Goofey or whatever Disney character you are, it's about time you took some responsibility for your posts. Where is your supporting evidence to this wild claim? Please post a link showing that the terror alert has been raised and show where it is a direct result of the President's approval rating. If you can't do that, then kindly own up to your pathetic credibility. Thanks.

A Cornell sociologist says he has found scientific evidence that, whenever the government issues a terrorism alert, President Bush's approval ratings go up, even on domestic issues, such as his handling of the economy.
<snip> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28037-2004Oct12.html?nav=rss_politics

aproval_vs_alert_chart.gif

(CBS) The latest CBS News poll finds President Bush's approval rating has fallen to an all-time low of 34 percent, while pessimism about the Iraq war has risen to a new high. <snip> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/27/opinion/polls/main1350874.shtml

If this is true, and the terror alert rises are directly proportional to Mr. Bush's ratings as been suggested, then we can expect the terror alert to rise if it hasn't already. Break out the duct tape and plastic folks!:rofl

KCConservative said:
Hey Mickey or Goofey or whatever Disney character you are, it's about time you took some responsibility for your posts. Where is your supporting evidence to this wild claim? Please post a link showing that the terror alert has been raised and show where it is a direct result of the President's approval rating. If you can't do that, then kindly own up to your pathetic credibility. Thanks.

If you would be so kind as to loan me your words for a moment:

I think we're supposed to use the basement when name-calling, jfuh.
:rofl

Captain America said:
If you would be so kind as to loan me your words for a moment:

:rofl
Derogatory words, certainly. But Mr. Dude is a self claimed Disney Dude. Take it up with him.

Captain America said:
If this is true, and the terror alert rises are directly proportional to Mr. Bush's ratings as been suggested, then we can expect the terror alert to rise if it hasn't already. Break out the duct tape and plastic folks!:rofl
That's quite a crystal ball you have. How very bold of you to state the terror level is about to be elevated. Keep us posted, okay?

Honestly, who pays attention to the "terror alert" anyways?

Once you cry wolf one time too many, no body will listen anymore.

Captain America said:
Honestly, who pays attention to the "terror alert" anyways?

Once you cry wolf one time too many, no body will listen anymore.
I agree... let's do away with the terror threat level. That way, the libs can scream and cry that no warning was given if there's ever another terrorist attack.

They need something new to bitch about.

Gill said:
I agree... let's do away with the terror threat level. That way, the libs can scream and cry that no warning was given if there's ever another terrorist attack.

They need something new to bitch about.
Aint it the truth, aint it the truth. :bravo:

Hold on!:shock: I thought the Bush cultists said that thanks to Mr. Bush we haven't had a terrorist attack since 9/11? (I always cringed when they would say that. Much like waiting for the other shoe to drop.) What has changed? Are we expecting an attack now? Have we changed our tune? I thought Bush had all that under control. What happened?

Oh my!! What to do??

Well......that's five minutes of my life, I won't get back:rofl

Back
Top Bottom