• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tennessee grocery store attack: ‘He kept on shooting’

what is a high capacity magazine and if a ban is implemented and crime doesn't go down, I'd bet my last dollar you'd want a further reduction in legal magazine capacity. You really demonstrate you oppose legal gun ownership since it is obvious you see the rights of gun owners subordinate to idiotic and ineffectual measures to "increase" public safety.

When I see someone's lean is left, and they are anti gun, I almost always conclude that a political agenda is what motivates the anti gun position
I'm pretty sure that high capacity magazines are called drums, or belts. You already knew that. The bump stock, that DJT killed, is what I really miss. I was two shakes from getting one from Dirt Cheap when they were $699, but a didn't pull the trigger on that purchase. And now I can't. If I had, what would've I done with it once banned? Turn it in to my local Sheriff?

I don't need an auto weapon, but then I do.

I'm pretty sure that high capacity magazines are called drums, or belts. You already knew that. The bump stock, that DJT killed, is what I really miss. I was two shakes from getting one from Dirt Cheap when they were $699, but a didn't pull the trigger on that purchase. And now I can't. If I had, what would've I done with it once banned? Turn it in to my local Sheriff?

That's not necessarily true and it depends on the actual firearm.

For ex. you can have high cap magazines for semi-auto handguns.

many gun banners claim anything that holds more than 10 rounds, or (in the case of Don Cuomo, 7 rounds) is a high capacity magazine

what is a high capacity magazine and if a ban is implemented and crime doesn't go down, I'd bet my last dollar you'd want a further reduction in legal magazine capacity. You really demonstrate you oppose legal gun ownership since it is obvious you see the rights of gun owners subordinate to idiotic and ineffectual measures to "increase" public safety.

When I see someone's lean is left, and they are anti gun, I almost always conclude that a political agenda is what motivates the anti gun position
Well actually it's been the increase in mass shootings that turned me against weapons of war. I believe that Good Guys with Guns taking out their grievances against society would be less if Semiauto's were banned. Of course there are way too many already in circulation.
Although Charlie Whitman (the daddy of mass shootings) used a bolt action weapon, he did have the high ground.

Well actually it's been the increase in mass shootings that turned me against weapons of war. I believe that Good Guys with Guns taking out their grievances against society would be less if Semiauto's were banned. Of course there are way too many already in circulation.
Although Charlie Whitman (the daddy of mass shootings) used a bolt action weapon, he did have the high ground.
what is a weapon of war-the 107 or so year old my late grandfather carried while earning the DSC in France 104 years ago? the several MI Garand Rifles and MI Carbines I bought from the US Government which were used in either WWII, Korea or both? I don't have a modern "weapon of war" in terms of a rifle since private citizens cannot buy M4 carbines. You seem clueless about "semi autos" given most pistols, most 22 rifles and half the target shotguns are "semi autos".

That's not necessarily true and it depends on the actual firearm.

For ex. you can have high cap magazines for semi-auto handguns.
I have a couple of 15 shot mags for my 45.

Given the number of rounds that the police fire in an active shooter situation, I think that he was probably quite correct not to trust the marksmanship of the police officers.

There was a situation in (if memory serves correctly) Toronto ON several years ago where one police officer "over reacted a bit" and fired 19 rounds at a single armed person who was actively in the process of threatening the lives of innocent bystanders. 16 (if memory serves correctly) of those rounds impacted the armed person and 12 (if memory serves correctly) would have been individually lethal.

I'm not sure if the Toronto (if memory serves correctly) Police Department made the officer pay for the three wasted rounds or not.
The article down here usually goes “ the gunman was hit 3 times. Their were 49 shots fire by the 2 officers. The perp had 3 rounds left in his revolver”. Lol 😝

Back
Top Bottom