• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tennessee grocery store attack: ‘He kept on shooting’

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From Associated Press

A gunman attacked a grocery store in an upscale Tennessee suburb on Thursday afternoon, killing one person and wounding 12 others before the suspect was found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound at the store, authorities said.

Collierville Police Chief Dale Lane said the shooting broke out at a Kroger grocery in his suburban community about 30 miles (50 kilometers) east of Memphis. He said the gunman shot 13 others and himself, and that 12 of the victims were taken to hospitals, some with very serious injuries.

One Kroger worker, Brignetta Dickerson, told WREG-TV she was working a cash register when she heard what at first she thought were balloons popping.

“And, here he comes right behind us and started shooting,” Dickerson said. “And, he kept on shooting, shooting, shooting. He shot one of my co-workers in the head and shot one of my customers in the stomach.”

Lane said police received a call about 1:30 p.m. about the shooting and arrived within minutes, finding multiple people with gunshots when they entered the building.

COMMENT:-

I'd be rather interested to find out what "serious issues" this arrogant, stupid, pathetic, piece of garbage, loser had that he felt justified him in killing other people in order to exercise his freedom of expression.

Wouldn't you?

Well, at any rate he won't be doing it again.​

From Associated Press

A gunman attacked a grocery store in an upscale Tennessee suburb on Thursday afternoon, killing one person and wounding 12 others before the suspect was found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound at the store, authorities said.

Collierville Police Chief Dale Lane said the shooting broke out at a Kroger grocery in his suburban community about 30 miles (50 kilometers) east of Memphis. He said the gunman shot 13 others and himself, and that 12 of the victims were taken to hospitals, some with very serious injuries.

One Kroger worker, Brignetta Dickerson, told WREG-TV she was working a cash register when she heard what at first she thought were balloons popping.

“And, here he comes right behind us and started shooting,” Dickerson said. “And, he kept on shooting, shooting, shooting. He shot one of my co-workers in the head and shot one of my customers in the stomach.”

Lane said police received a call about 1:30 p.m. about the shooting and arrived within minutes, finding multiple people with gunshots when they entered the building.

I'd be rather interested to find out what "serious issues" this arrogant, stupid, pathetic, piece of garbage, loser had that he felt justified him in killing other people in order to exercise his freedom of expression.​
Wouldn't you?​
It's getting kind of dangerous to go grocery shopping these days.

From Associated Press

I'd be rather interested to find out what "serious issues" this arrogant, stupid, pathetic, piece of garbage, loser had that he felt justified him in killing other people in order to exercise his freedom of expression.​
Wouldn't you?​
I get pissed when I hear people make excuses for these people with the he had "problems", "mental issues" and that type of mess. His issue was he didn't have any regard for other peoples lives.
I know how hard it would be to be a swat officer and go into that building and not shoot a person like this after you see all the wounded.

Rumor is the shooter is an ex employee.

From Associated Press

Wouldn't you?​

Just another NUT with a GUN.
Does this really qualify as "news" in the Gun Nut Nayshun?

Sure, because the overwhelming majority of gun owners never do anything resembling this crap.

Witnesses reported that they saw a Good Guy With A Gun, and then suddenly it wasnt a Good Guy anymore.

(Thats how these things ALWAYS go down)

Could we find out who this guy is and what he was up to before the endless gun control debate starts?

I get pissed when I hear people make excuses for these people with the he had "problems", "mental issues" and that type of mess. His issue was he didn't have any regard for other peoples lives.
I know how hard it would be to be a swat officer and go into that building and not shoot a person like this after you see all the wounded.

And yet, odds are, his legally possessed the firearm...

Witnesses reported that they saw a Good Guy With A Gun, and then suddenly it wasnt a Good Guy anymore.

(Thats how these things ALWAYS go down)

Hey, just open carry turned criminal...

"I signed constitutional carry because it shouldn’t be hard for law-abiding Tennesseans to exercise their second amendment rights," Gov. Bill Lee said in April. "Thank you members of the General Assembly and the NRA for helping get this done."

Could we find out who this guy is and what he was up to before the endless gun control debate starts?

He was a nut with a gun, and he was "up to" shooting some people at a grocery store.

There was a time when something like this would have gotten everyone's horrified attention, but now it's just another day in America.

Imagine, you're in Kroger's picking up some baking chocolate and plan to go home and bake a batch of brownies to surprise the fam for dinner. And you're shot in the stomach instead.

Js, this isn't normal.

Don't get pissed. Mental illness is about identifying a possible motive, not about minimizing their threat to society (or to a SWAT officer).

The only thing that stopped this 'bad guy with a gun' was suicide.

True but with so many guns, a chunk of our population that can't be trusted with guns, has them...often legally. It's a package deal.

Gotta fite fer FrEeDuMbZ$™!!

The only thing that stopped this 'bad guy with a gun' was suicide.

Wonder where all the "Good Guys" were? Must have been a gun free zone I'll bet. Is Tennessee a gun free zone?

:rolleyes:

Hey, just open carry turned criminal...

"I signed constitutional carry because it shouldn’t be hard for law-abiding Tennesseans to exercise their second amendment rights," Gov. Bill Lee said in April. "Thank you members of the General Assembly and the NRA for helping get this done."

The NRA? The same group that with Gov. Reagan pushed to eliminate open carry in California in the 1960s because...............................(wait for it)1632444524292.jpeg

Wonder where all the "Good Guys" were? Must have been a gun free zone I'll bet. Is Tennessee a gun free zone?

:rolleyes:

Tennessee just became a proud constitutional carry state on July 1st...

Back
Top Bottom