• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ten Trends of the World

I actually agree with that to an extent. I liked the part about exo-skeletons. :cool:

i write poetry, so i like the language to be as redundant and disorganized as possible. gives me more to work with.

i'll take a protective body suit, though.

Governments will take over all of landed estates except owner-occupied housing because earning profit from rental housings is nearly unearned. All of rental housings should be supplied by governments and profit for governments.

ooooooooooooooooooo

them's fightin' words. ;)

The public ownership of enterprises and lands can build a society completely based on wisdomism.

You ever said the part of simplification of English was somewhat interesting. But, do you think there are something irrational in this part?

The public ownership of enterprises and lands can build a society completely based on wisdomism.

You ever said the part of simplification of English was somewhat interesting. But, do you think there are something irrational in this part?

you've proposed that :

a. the elderly and unemployed should be killed

b. all non-resident owned private property should be claimed by the government

and

c. the ability to own any weapon of self defense should be revoked, and we should all walk around in protective armor instead.

irrational? much of the screed is just outlandish. however, my response to this specific point (item b) was intended to convey my feeling that this one could result in a fifteen page thread with much rage and foaming at the mouth. ****, i've been involved in five pages of exchanges with other posters simply because i proposed that we should guarantee access to health care.

you've proposed that :

a. the elderly and unemployed should be killed

b. all non-resident owned private property should be claimed by the government

c. the ability to own any weapon of self defense should be revoked, and we should all walk around in protective armor instead.

a,
When the capitalist society replaced the feudal society, hereditary system of dominators disappeared in republican countries.
Current pension systems is like a hereditary system of human living rights. The unemployed elderly inherit their own past living rights. More and more intense competitions between people will make the hereditary system of human living rights disappear.

b,
If someone has the property right of the Empire State Building in New York, working is unnecessary for him because he can live on the rental income from the Building. This is also a kind of hereditary system which hinders competitions.

c,
Physical violence is very rampant and powerful in current society, so that the powers of human wisdoms are not powerful enough and too many sports have far exceeded what maintaining our healthy bodies really needs. So more and more females, short and thin males will need protective suits to increase their powers and sense of security. They will rather endure some troubles from protective suits than get menace from tall or strong males. But they should wear protective suits only in dangerous environments.
Any current weapon of self defense can't give us enough safety. So protective suits will replace weapons of self defense.
In further future, protective suits will make physical violence reduce so as to reduce our reliance on protective suits.

a,
When the capitalist society replaced the feudal society, hereditary system of dominators disappeared in republican countries.
Current pension systems is like a hereditary system of human living rights. The unemployed elderly inherit their own past living rights. More and more intense competitions between people will make the hereditary system of human living rights disappear.

so how are you going to handle the furious masses who don't want their elderly or unemployed relatives killed? i'm a hippie peacenik, but if you try to kill my retired relatives or unemployed friends, we're going to have a problem.

you are also completely wrong about "value." there are many different ways to contribute to society, and the elderly are vital. youth worship is a relatively recent phenomenon. cultures in the past almost uniformly revered their elders, and even today, this is the case for many of us. you think i have more wisdom than someone of my relative IQ who is twice my age? right. the twice as old version of me would pat me on the back and say, "oh, man, i remember that. check this out, though." you kill off the wise, and you'll have a society of fools.

b,
If someone has the property right of the Empire State Building in New York, working is unnecessary for him because he can live on the rental income from the Building. This is also a kind of hereditary system which hinders competitions.

if competition is the goal, i'd rather see us strengthen anti-trust rules and break up too big to exist corporations. also, i don't really see a problem with being able to live off of your investments without working. i do, however, want to see more opportunities for those who have not inherited wealth to achieve it. that is the real problem; there are too many rungs missing from the ladder. confiscating all non-residential property is a ludicrous and unworkable proposition. it has been tried, and it failed.

c,
Physical violence is very rampant and powerful in current society, so that the powers of human wisdoms are not powerful enough and too many sports have far exceeded what maintaining our healthy bodies really needs. So more and more females, short and thin males will need protective suits to increase their powers and sense of security. They will rather endure some troubles from protective suits than get menace from tall or strong males. But they should wear protective suits only in dangerous environments.
Any current weapon of self defense can't give us enough safety. So protective suits will replace weapons of self defense.
In further future, protective suits will make physical violence reduce so as to reduce our reliance on protective suits.

"protective suits" won't stop violence. violence can only be stopped through general evolution of culture and specific genetic evolution of humanity. as much as we like to pretend we're not animals, we are still tribal primates competing against each other for access to resources. figuring out a cultural way to eliminate tribalism would be infinitely superior to "protective suits," but it still won't eliminate the fact that we are genetically programmed for anger, tribalism, and war.

Where did all those predictions come from? Some kind of psychic or spiritual leader?

so how are you going to handle the furious masses who don't want their elderly or unemployed relatives killed? i'm a hippie peacenik, but if you try to kill my retired relatives or unemployed friends, we're going to have a problem.

you are also completely wrong about "value." there are many different ways to contribute to society, and the elderly are vital. youth worship is a relatively recent phenomenon. cultures in the past almost uniformly revered their elders, and even today, this is the case for many of us. you think i have more wisdom than someone of my relative IQ who is twice my age? right. the twice as old version of me would pat me on the back and say, "oh, man, i remember that. check this out, though." you kill off the wise, and you'll have a society of fools.

I really agree that many elders have excellent wisdoms. I never proposed eliminating all of unemployed elders. There is such a sentence in my original text:
All of the old people unemployed for a long time, such as two years, will have to accept euthanasia.
The wise elders are able to get a job within 2~3 years. The elders who are not able to do so are useless people without potential.

And you should think about No.3 part with No.2 together. In No.2 part, I said that all of marriages and families would disappear. When all of marriages and families disappear, you will have no relative. All of my ten parts are not realities but trends of future. I don't think they will become realities in a short time.

if competition is the goal, i'd rather see us strengthen anti-trust rules and break up too big to exist corporations. also, i don't really see a problem with being able to live off of your investments without working. i do, however, want to see more opportunities for those who have not inherited wealth to achieve it. that is the real problem; there are too many rungs missing from the ladder. confiscating all non-residential property is a ludicrous and unworkable proposition. it has been tried, and it failed.

smaller humans could replace the tigers and lions to dominate the earth because human were wiser. capitalists could replace the feudal aristocracy because capitalists were wiser. powers of wisdoms was the main driving force of human history.
so wisdoms are base of capitals of the capitalists. internet has made wisdoms flow and spread at unprecedented speeds all over the world. so all of property right will flow at unprecedented speeds between different people. too fast flow of property right will make most of people fed up with the changes of property right, which will bring nationalization of enterprises and lands.

"protective suits" won't stop violence. violence can only be stopped through general evolution of culture and specific genetic evolution of humanity. as much as we like to pretend we're not animals, we are still tribal primates competing against each other for access to resources. figuring out a cultural way to eliminate tribalism would be infinitely superior to "protective suits," but it still won't eliminate the fact that we are genetically programmed for anger, tribalism, and war.

nobody can stop birth of new lives and death of old lives. nobody can stop that some people become powerful and happier, and that some people become weaker and more painful. those are force of nature. so wars between people are inescapable and any evolution of culture is helpless.
so the best self-defense way is protective suits. if you may own guns, the protective suits must be bulletproof. the better your weapons are, the better the protective suits must be. in order to reduce the cost of protective suits, governments should strictly prohibit all of the people except policemen and armymen from owning the offensive weapons, such as guns, which could make our protective suits lose efficacy.
perhaps protective suits will not stop violence. but, facing the protective suits, tall or strong males will lose advantage of their bodies, which will increase the importance and powers of wisdoms.

"Wisdomism?" Seriously?

Where did all those predictions come from? Some kind of psychic or spiritual leader?

china.
i'm not any kind of leader but a proposer of wisdomism. it seems that the word wisdomism also appears in other places. i don't know the meaning of wisdomism in other places. the meaning of my wisdomism is to make wisdoms more powerful.
i believe that powers of wisdoms will replace the powers of religions, families, moralities, physical force, capitals and national boundaries, which was reflected in No.1~No.5 parts and No.10 part of my original text.

china.
i'm not any kind of leader but a proposer of wisdomism. it seems that the word wisdomism also appears in other places. i don't know the meaning of wisdomism in other places. the meaning of my wisdomism is to make wisdoms more powerful.
i believe that powers of wisdoms will replace the powers of religions, families, moralities, physical force, capitals and national boundaries, which was reflected in No.1~No.5 parts and No.10 part of my original text.

Is wisdomism your word for Nazi Eugenics? Also, to your point that if you kill off old people only violent crime and acts of terror will be committed by the elderly. There's a big problem with that in my opinion. Don't you think young people would be pretty pissed when you're slaughtering their grandparents?

Is wisdomism your word for Nazi Eugenics? Also, to your point that if you kill off old people only violent crime and acts of terror will be committed by the elderly. There's a big problem with that in my opinion. Don't you think young people would be pretty pissed when you're slaughtering their grandparents?

perhaps you think that i am an orphan who has no parents. i have parents but i don't like them. i don't believe there is any kind of lifetime love between any two persons. all of loves are always coming, going, re-coming, re-going......
the same to you, i don't want to kill my parents. so my idea about euthanatizing some of elders is only a trend of future. but i think we should plant this idea and make a long-time plan now. for example, governments should stop levying pensions from employees and partly return pensions which people have payed as soon as possible.

will the elders who face euthanasia replace youths and mid adults to make terrorist attacks in the future? the crime motive and criminal ability of an elder who would die at 80 years old will be far weaker than the ones of a youth who would die at 30 years old. so future society will be safer.

i always think there will be survivals wars between the weak youths, mid adults with potentials and the elders without potential. the elders win the wars now but i always believe the youths and mid adults will win the wars in future.

Last edited:
Oh noes, it's time!

Logans run 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom