• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teachers Should Teach Not Fear Being Shot

That's why I think these lockdown drills need to stop going at it the way they have been. No more of this stopping class, turning the lights off, and hiding in the corner. Even older students are going to get traumatized by that. Just lock the classroom door and keep on teaching. Ruining education is what these shooters probably want.
THe bold sounds like a bad plan anyway. So, I guess I agree.

They aren’t lobbying to stop laws against violent mentally ill people from buying firearms. They agree with those laws. They disagree that EVERYONE should be subject to strict gun control laws.
How does that conflict with my OP statement: "This is all the result of the NRA dream of everyone having easy access to guns"?

I'll tell you how. It doesn't. So, you've posted at me three times with nothing but garbage. Feel free to fail a fourth time.

How does that conflict with my OP statement: "This is all the result of the NRA dream of everyone having easy access to guns"?

I'll tell you how. It doesn't. So, you've posted at me three times with nothing but garbage. Feel free to fail a fourth time.

Because they are against EVERYONE having easy access to guns as they are FOR laws against violent, mentally ill people owning guns. Your own link has quotes from the NRA saying just that.

Because they are against EVERYONE having easy access to guns as they are FOR laws against violent, mentally ill people owning guns. Your own link has quotes from the NRA saying just that.
No, their actions belie their disingenuous words, as we pointed out. How can they oppose laws meant to limit access to guns while also being for them? THink about it.

No, their actions belie their disingenuous words, as we pointed out. How can they oppose laws meant to limit access to guns while also being for them? THink about it.

Again, they oppose laws limiting access to guns to NON-VIOLENT people. They are FOR laws keeping violent people from obtaining guns.

What laws has the NRA opposed that are "meant to limit access to guns" by dangerous people, and nothing else?

Again, they oppose laws limiting access to guns to NON-VIOLENT people. They are FOR laws keeping violent people from obtaining guns.
...while being against the laws aimed at identifying them.

The dishonesty of your argument jumps off the page.

Strange bedfellows those two: NRA and ACLU; but yet they both opposed making it harder for crazy people from obtaining guns.

If the best example you can come up with is a law that both the NRA and the ACLU opposed because it violated our rights to due process, and one that "would only affect about 75,000 people," I guess I'll rest my case.

If the best example you can come up with is a law that both the NRA and the ACLU opposed because it violated our rights to due process, and one that "would only affect about 75,000 people," I guess I'll rest my case.
So, making it harder for crazy people to gain access to guns is not the goal of the NRA after all. Thanks for the admission.

So, making it harder for crazy people to gain access to guns is not the goal of the NRA after all. Thanks for the admission.

If you don't care about due process, why not propose a law requiring "crazy people" to be locked up based on the whim of a mid-level government bureaucrat? After all, if they are dangerous, they can be dangerous with or without a gun that they obtained legally.

If you don't care about due process, why not propose a law requiring "crazy people" to be locked up based on the whim of a mid-level government bureaucrat? After all, if they are dangerous, they can be dangerous with or without a gun that they obtained legally.

So do you equate losing your gun to being "locked up" ?

If you don't care about due process, why not propose a law requiring "crazy people"...
Holy False equivalencies!

I suggest sticking to apples while we discuss apples.

Holy False equivalencies!

I suggest sticking to apples while we discuss apples.

You're discussing "crazy people," and so am I. And we're both presumably talking about whether due process matters when allowing the government to restrict our rights. What other fruits are you talking about?

You're discussing "crazy people," and so am I. And we're both presumably talking about whether due process matters when allowing the government to restrict our rights. What other fruits are you talking about?
No, we are discussing the ease with which people get guns thanks to the NRA: "This is all the result of the NRA dream of everyone having easy access to guns."

You started talking about locking people up.

No, we are discussing the ease with which people get guns thanks to the NRA: "This is all the result of the NRA dream of everyone having easy access to guns."

You started talking about locking people up.

Strange how you cited one example, and now say "thanks to the NRA," instead of "thanks to the ACLA and the NRA."

Narrative at work.

So you don't think dangerously crazy people should be committed? They should just be allowed to roam free?

What's your evidence for that ?
The fact that you can't *poof* guns out of existence, even if you pass a law to do so.

This is really a concept that you need explained to you?

Yes, like I said, "This is all the result of the NRA dream of everyone having easy access to guns."

Thanks for confirming, albeit unwittingly.
more trolling NRA members with ridiculous nonsense. Prove the NRA has a dream of EVERYONE having easy access to guns. Its left-wingers such as you who opposed the NRA supported program that charged felons with guns federally.

more trolling NRA members with ridiculous nonsense. Prove the NRA has a dream of EVERYONE having easy access to guns. Its left-wingers such as you who opposed the NRA supported program that charged felons with guns federally.
been there, did that. Read the thread.

The fact that you can't *poof* guns out of existence, even if you pass a law to do so.

This is really a concept that you need explained to you?

So you mean "tomorrow" in a literal sense

No of course not. Do you think the gun lobby thinks that a gun ban would do this ?
Or would it take years to achieve over a population of circa 330m and approx 400m guns ?

Pathetic straw man from you in that case.

So you mean "tomorrow" in a literal sense

No of course not. Do you think the gun lobby thinks that a gun ban would do this ?
Or would it take years to achieve over a population of circa 330m and approx 400m guns ?

Pathetic straw man from you in that case.
Always remember this when trying to understand the mind of Right Wingers. These are the people who attacked the wrong country after 911. Want something closer in time? Same crowd that said COVID was a hoax.

Not the most reliable bunch to get things right, now are they? In fact, if you ever need to hedge a bet to ensure at least one winner on the ticket, bet against whatever the Right Wingers say. It's sure to be a win.

Always remember this when trying to understand the mind of Right Wingers. These are the people who attacked the wrong country after 911. Want something closer in time? Same crowd that said COVID was a hoax.

Not the most reliable bunch to get things right, now are they? In fact, if you ever need to hedge a bet to ensure at least one winner on the ticket, bet against whatever the Right Wingers say. It's sure to be a win.

Half say the COVID vaccine is a hoax as developing one takes years, the other half say it's a government plot to inject with some kind of mind control that the government has been keeping and waiting for an excuse like COVID to use it.

Mass shootings, as awful as they are, aren't even the worst of it. Over 5 million women have complained that they have been threatened with a gun by a significant other. Most of the time, when someone is shot to death, the victim pulls the trigger. Guns are truly a scourge on our society.

Back
Top Bottom