• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tea Partiers Kill Farm Bill Because It Didn't Punish Poor Kids - The GOP"s Future!

Re: Tea Partiers Kill Farm Bill Because It Didn't Punish Poor Kids - The GOP"s Future

Lol. Liberals really are pimps and dealers. Getting people hooked and dependent on them to be their patrons. Really sick.

Is this some cryptic reference to Sarah Palin's early career in Fairbanks?

Re: Tea Partiers Kill Farm Bill Because It Didn't Punish Poor Kids - The GOP"s Future

Ok, so cutting $2b annually from a $80b program is 'cutting food stamp funding to the bone'...really?...:lamo

Haven't you and others of your ilk been professing how the administration has turned this economy around and now it is going gangbusters, especially UE...if it is going so well why can't we reduce SNAP 2.5%?

Yep, cutting food for poor people is really stupid, especially since most goes to poor kids. But I'm glad you don't think so. It shows where the tea party is coming from.

Yep, cutting food for poor people is really stupid, especially since most goes to poor kids. But I'm glad you don't think so. It shows where the tea party is coming from.

But I thought with the improving economy (without austerity) and such great days are just around the corner...whose gonna need food stamps? Or did I miss understand something...go on you can say it...:lamo

Yep.....and not supporting your family like a decent, responsible human being is just fine and dandy, right?

Yep.....and not supporting your family like a decent, responsible human being is just fine and dandy, right?

Yep, and that's the alternative to food stamps.

Jesus man, at least try to put up a fight. I feel guilty with punching bags like you.

Jesus man, at least try to put up a fight. I feel guilty with punching bags like you.

If you've got beer in your refrigerator, weed in your pipe, cigarettes on your counter or a lottery ticket in your pocket and you're using food stamps then I have no sympathy at all for you. If you can't support your kids then put them with someone who can. If you can't - and I mean physically can't - support yourself I'm willing to help out but if you aren't even going to try then tough.

Just add it to the national debt and promise to make "the rich" pay it back later. Later conveniently defined as when DC politicians don't need campaign cash from "the rich". ;)

If you've got beer in your refrigerator, weed in your pipe, cigarettes on your counter or a lottery ticket in your pocket and you're using food stamps then I have no sympathy at all for you. If you can't support your kids then put them with someone who can. If you can't - and I mean physically can't - support yourself I'm willing to help out but if you aren't even going to try then tough.

This sounds like a typical tea partier's home. What's your point?

I think he meant (you) not supporting your family. That's not the alternative to food stamps. That IS food stamps. That's having everyone else support your family for you. I know some people see welfare and food stamps and getting as much as they can in means-tested welfare as a job but it's not. Be a man. Support your own family.

Just add it to the national debt and promise to make "the rich" pay it back later. Later conveniently defined as when DC politicians don't need campaign cash from "the rich". ;)

So that's the issue: you're concerned about the rich.

Isn't that exactly what I said why the tea party occupation forces blocked the farm bill? Thanks for making my point.

I think he meant (you) not supporting your family. That's not the alternative to food stamps. That IS food stamps. That's having everyone else support your family for you. I know some people see welfare and food stamps and getting as much as they can in means-tested welfare as a job but it's not. Be a man. Support your own family.

Whooosh! Right over your head.

So you think that by cutting food stamps (which go mostly to poor kids), millions of Americans (unemployed or underemployed due to the Bush Meltdown) will finally find jobs that are just waiting for them out there?

Somebody doesn't understand cause and effect. A common conservative flaw.

Insistent that the Farm Bill be amended to punish poor and disabled people has resulted in the Tea Party Occupied House killing another bi-partisan farm bill. It bodes ill for the immigration bill, which the Tea Partiers will surely also kill.

This is the future of the GOP: the party that blocks any bill that doesn't punish poor people. Perfect.

Food Stamp Cuts Derail Farm Bill

Of the poison pill the House teabaggers put in the bill, "Smarmy" Jack Kingston proclaimed:
The entire SNAP program should be ended. The whole thing. Gon.

In it's place should be private charities, each making their own rules. The bottom line is if you don't work then you shouldn't eat.

This sounds like a typical tea partier's home. What's your point?

The point is that if you are unable to contribute to society then society is generally there to help....willingly. If, however, you are unwilling to contribute to society while whining about not getting enough then you're nothing but a leech. Even rats and cockroaches do their share by sucking up the leftovers and they go out to get those leftovers. If all you're going to do is sit there and wait to be spoon fed then you don't even rise to their level.

So that's the issue: you're concerned about the rich.

Isn't that exactly what I said why the tea party occupation forces blocked the farm bill? Thanks for making my point.

Um, Obama and the left passed PPACA w/o a single GOP vote so why do you suppose "super taxation" of the rich was not done at that time too?

Who's crying a river for immigrants?

Farm subsidies are generally a good idea -- a form of food insurance to make sure we always have produce like oranges and wheat. The market would result in years with lots of cheap oranges and then no oranges at all, or few.

Agricultural subsidies work. The last thing we need is crank libertarian economics messing with our food supply.

To keep in context and on point, you really have no business crying for those going hungry without their government cheese than if you look at things like this.

So you're going to pretend that tea party doesn't exist?

Let's play pretend!

Conservatives will say ANYTHING instead of facing the truth of their own intellectual bankruptcy.

I'd rather be intellectually bankrupt than morally bankrupt, which is what liberals are.

The Republican Speaker of the House allowed a vote on a Republican piece of legislation only to have his fellow Republicans vote it down.

Maybe when they figure out how to get their own people to vote on their own legislation we can get down to business.

Otherwise.....Goodbye Old Party!

Insistent that the Farm Bill be amended to punish poor and disabled people has resulted in the Tea Party Occupied House killing another bi-partisan farm bill. It bodes ill for the immigration bill, which the Tea Partiers will surely also kill.

This is the future of the GOP: the party that blocks any bill that doesn't punish poor people. Perfect.

Food Stamp Cuts Derail Farm Bill

Of the poison pill the House teabaggers put in the bill, "Smarmy" Jack Kingston proclaimed:

ROTFLOL, low information crowd strikes again. Uh, er, uhm...erm........ Folks with intelligence higher than a snakes belly in a wagon rut, are able to comprehend the farm bill was defeated by a bipartisan effort of conservatives and democrats.

Back
Top Bottom