• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Syria: Liberals Are Getting Exactly What They Voted For

Most ships returned to service, they missed the carriers and they failed to launch a third wave.
My mistake, it was just a scratch, we hardly noticed.

My mistake, it was just a scratch, we hardly noticed.

Just saying... missing the carriers was ridiculous, most ships returned to service and the failure to launch a third wave was a tremendous error.

Just saying... missing the carriers was ridiculous, most ships returned to service and the failure to launch a third wave was a tremendous error.
What carriers? You mean the ones that weren't in port?

What carriers? You mean the ones that weren't in port?

Of course. With the carriers intact, most ships returning to service and no third wave to destroy our depots and other facilities, Japan had made a terrible error.

>Voted for obama
>Supports going into Syria

this thread confuses me

Of course. With the carriers intact, most ships returning to service and no third wave to destroy our depots and other facilities, Japan had made a terrible error.
You're right. I'm sure they would have won the war if they had only done as you said. Well, there were those amazingly deadly bombs we dropped on them but hey, using your logic, they hardly noticed.

Due to the fact that most liberals want a big gov't, the current big governments actions regarding Syria should not be a surprise to them.

As I recall, Romney suggested arming the rebels, taking a leadership role in the region, and running covert operations. McCain is practically leading the charge to have a major military action in Syria. I don't think things would have turned out too differently if either of those men had been elected.

You're right. I'm sure they would have won the war if they had only done as you said. Well, there were those amazingly deadly bombs we dropped on them but hey, using your logic, they hardly noticed.

The failure to launch a third wave is recognized as a tremendous error. It would have cost the US 1-2 years of rebuilding; there's no debate, that decision was a blunder.

The failure to launch a third wave is recognized as a tremendous error. It would have cost the US 1-2 years of rebuilding; there's no debate, that decision was a blunder.
A funny thing about Monday morning quarterbacking a war, it doesn't matter and we'll never know.

A funny thing about Monday morning quarterbacking a war, it doesn't matter and we'll never know.

We do know. It's well known and recognized by the Japanese as well as Americans. Failing to launch the third wave was a tremendous blunder. End of story. So, spare us the BS about what a great attack it was.

Yamamoto later regretted Nagumo's decision to withdraw and categorically stated it had been a great mistake not to order a third strike.[93]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor

Say, how about all you GOP types pay for your $2T war in iraq that had nothing to do with USA......

Lets say a 10% tax on all unearned income.....:) untill it is all paid off.

As I recall, Romney suggested arming the rebels, taking a leadership role in the region, and running covert operations. McCain is practically leading the charge to have a major military action in Syria. I don't think things would have turned out too differently if either of those men had been elected.
As I recall I didn't vote for either and referred to the only relevant politician you mentioned (McCain) as a Neocon earlier in this thread. Trust me, I'm an equal opportunity hater on this matter. However, I don't hear many GOPers screaming from the rooftops and telling everyone that can hear it that we should go to Syria in the manner that Obama and Kerry are.

Say, how about all you GOP types pay for your $2T war in iraq that had nothing to do with USA......

Lets say a 10% tax on all unearned income.....:) untill it is all paid off.
Hey, how about you Democrat types do that same because your elected officials voted Yea for that war as well.

Please learn the facts of something before you debate it. Pearl Harbor was more of a moral victory than anything for the Japanese. It was also stupid because they brought the one nation that could beat them into WWII by doing it. They missed our carriers, they didn't exploit a weakness by calling off the 3rd wave, and they "awoke a sleeping giant" in the words of Admiral Yamamoto. It was a dumb decision that was recognized for what it was immediately by the Japanese military leadership. This isn't something that was realized years down the road. This was realized the day it happened.

Not all of the democrats voted in favor of the Iraq war.

Almost half did in the House and 60% did in the Senate. It think that means your paying down the debt as well.

Hey, how about you Democrat types do that same because your elected officials voted Yea for that war as well.

They were the paid off ones. Not real men of the people.

Please learn the facts of something before you debate it. Pearl Harbor was more of a moral victory than anything for the Japanese. It was also stupid because they brought the one nation that could beat them into WWII by doing it. They missed our carriers, they didn't exploit a weakness by calling off the 3rd wave, and they "awoke a sleeping giant" in the words of Admiral Yamamoto. It was a dumb decision that was recognized for what it was immediately by the Japanese military leadership. This isn't something that was realized years down the road. This was realized the day it happened.
What carriers? And we've already decided that really, Pearl Harbor was no big deal. I'm surprised anyone remembers it?

What carriers? And we've already decided that really, Pearl Harbor was no big deal. I'm surprised anyone remembers it?

No big deal? NO BIG DEAL!? 3,000 American millitary personal killed and the pride of the us pacific fleet sunk at their moorings, and you think that is no big deal!

No big deal? NO BIG DEAL!? 3,000 American millitary personal killed and the pride of the us pacific fleet sunk at their moorings, and you think that is no big deal!
It's satire. If you read back you'll discover that's what the others think, Pearl Harbor was just a scratch on the mighty USA. Really, it hardly mattered and those stupid Japs couldn't do it right. Go back to page one, you'll see.

Stop inventing stupid arguments; no one is impressed with your strawman. Your claim of it being a 'great attack' has been countered. The Japanese ****ed it up. Deal with it.

The Japanese ****ed it up. Deal with it.
I know they did. That's why no one but a few nutters remembers Pearl Harbor. It was just a failed attack by those stupid Japs right?

And I never said 'great attack'. I said they spanked us good but as we all know now, I was wrong because Pearl Harbor was really just a fender bender.

What carriers? lol. Google it bro.

Back
Top Bottom