• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sweetheart Deal: India gets coveted nuclear technology & hi tech arms we get mangos

Re: Sweetheart Deal: India gets coveted nuclear technology & hi tech arms we get mang

GySgt said:
Uh-oh. Keep in mind that 'Ludahai' is in Taiwan and has seen the aggression on his local news.
Take a guess as to where I am. Not to mention my ethnicity and nationality.
Lu is completely bias towards the PRC and borders on a fundamentalist that is actively aggregating the mainland for the sole purpose of political gains.

Re: Sweetheart Deal: India gets coveted nuclear technology & hi tech arms we get mang

jfuh said:
Take a guess as to where I am. Not to mention my ethnicity and nationality.
Lu is completely bias towards the PRC and borders on a fundamentalist that is actively aggregating the mainland for the sole purpose of political gains.

I wouldn't know where you are. Your profile is absent of such information. Looking at the jack-asses under your name, I could easily "guess" that you are sitting in Vermont somewhere or in New York City.:shrug:

GySgt said:
I wouldn't know where you are. Your profile is absent of such information. Looking at the jack-asses under your name, I could easily "guess" that you are sitting in Vermont somewhere or in New York City.:shrug:
The asses are simply indicative of my leanings being liberal.
As to nationality I'm very much Chinese, though the nationalist side not the communist side. Thus Taiwan.

jfuh said:
The asses are simply indicative of my leanings being liberal.

No..no...no...."JACK" asses. It's funnier that way.

jfuh said:
As to nationality I'm very much Chinese, though the nationalist side not the communist side. Thus Taiwan.

And you have no concern of China? I see a possible future scenario with China as breaking up eventually, but not before possibly causing damage.

GySgt said:
No..no...no...."JACK" asses. It's funnier that way.

GySgt said:
And you have no concern of China? I see a possible future scenario with China as breaking up eventually, but not before possibly causing damage.
I'm muh more concerned with our own government then with that on the other side of the straight. The current regime is completely corrupt, scandal after scandal after scandal, bribes, and corruption in the tens of millions of dollars and only to go into the pockets of officals.

The communists shout loudly and make threats, but in all seriousnous lack any amphibious ability to make any significant threat. Not to mention that the "Reds" have a lot more to loose by unilateral attack on us then they ever had.
The "China" that you seem to be laying claim to has indeed broken up already. The "communist" regime is no more and instead have begun free market economy.
The simplist is to look at how Hong Kong has transferred over to the PRC.

I agree with you on the inevitable break down of the current regime of the PRC. With massively speeding uptake of IT and communications it will become nearly impossible for Beijing to supress information to its people for much longer. Thus leading to the further transparency of thier political system.

There are those of us in Taiwan however that would like the rest of the world to think that we are being "supressed" by "China". Truth of the matter is that we have indeed been an independent governing power for the last 50 years and we are the true representatives of China. The PRC like the ROC is only a part of China, neither with control over the other.

jfuh said:
Doesn't matter. NPT.

STill doesn't matter NPT.

Have either of them Nuked India? No. Relevance? None - NPT.

Is it China's fault that India can't get along with it's own neighbors? I suppose you would blame CHina also if one day the US couldn't get along with Mexico or Canada? Finally again, irrelevant - NPT.
uhhhh....

While you spout "NPT" like it's the be all to end all, I think I'll just shut this thing down with one simple fact...

India is NOT a signatory of the "NPT"...You're kneejerk responses are null and void...

It was India that first proposed an end to nuclear testing in 1954. "The principles for a Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) were first proposed by India in 1965. India eventually refused to sign the NPT when it became clear that, instead of addressing the central objective of universal and comprehensive non-proliferation, the treaty only legitimized the continuing possession and multiplication of nuclear stockpiles by those few states possessing them.

Want another?

Three states - India, Pakistan, and Israel - have declined to sign the treaty. India and Pakistan are confirmed nuclear powers, and Israel is widely believed to possess nuclear weapons, although it is not known to have conducted tests (see List of countries with nuclear weapons). These countries argue that the NPT creates a club of "nuclear haves" and a larger group of "nuclear have-nots" by restricting the legal possession of nuclear weapons to those states that tested them before 1967, but the treaty never explains on what ethical grounds such a distinction is valid.

cnredd said:
uhhhh....

While you spout "NPT" like it's the be all to end all, I think I'll just shut this thing down with one simple fact...

India is NOT a signatory of the "NPT"...You're kneejerk responses are null and void...

Want another?
THat's the whole point India is not a signatory of the "Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty". You don't see the relation? Here you go, the US is going to give India, a non-signer Nukes. Yet what is the #1 prioirty of this and nearly all former administrations? To prevent the proliferation of nukes. I would say that's pretty much a slap across the face.

jfuh said:
THat's the whole point India is not a signatory of the "Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty". You don't see the relation? Here you go, the US is going to give India, a non-signer Nukes. Yet what is the #1 prioirty of this and nearly all former administrations? To prevent the proliferation of nukes. I would say that's pretty much a slap across the face.

The world's full of allies, friends, and enemies. "Fair" is for board games.

GySgt said:
The world's full of allies, friends, and enemies. "Fair" is for board games.
Hahahaha, if the world were like a board game.... hmmmm.
Very true, the world is a realist perspective. I'm only goverened in so much as if I wanted to or not. What are you going to do if I don't abide? Invade me? Try.

Big deal.

China signed NPT and they gave the knowhow to Pakistan anyway. Pakistan in turn shared knowhow with Iran, so it's China's fault!

I don't see America kicking china's *** cuz American business depends on them now. Plus they have loads of nukes. I don't see America kicking paki *** either for working with talibans and al-quaida before 9/11 or sharing nuclear secrets with iran or being an ally of china or being a dictatorship.

Besides, India is a potential ally (democracy) against china and islam, which will work when we stop supporting those two faced muslim pakistanis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom