• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Surprise! Desperate Democrats peddling more BS

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
How can anyone support a political party that not only refuses to campaign on it's own record and beliefs, but chooses to lie to the American public in order to win elections?

You can throw this story on the growing pile of BS being thrown out there by the democrats this election cycle.

Democrats getting outspent? Not so fast
By JEANNE CUMMINGS
10/26/10 7:27 PM EDT

To hear top Democrats tell it, the party is being wildly outgunned this year in the fight for campaign cash as Republicans rely on outside groups to funnel money to GOP contenders.

But the numbers tell a different story.

It’s true that conservative third-party groups are outspending their Democratic rivals. But the Democrats still have a sizable cash advantage in their party committees – making this year’s elections a lot more of a fair fight than Vice President Joe Biden and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi let on.

So far, the latest figures show that the Democratic Party machinery has outraised its Republican counterpart in this campaign cycle by almost $270 million.

Democrats getting outspent? Not so fast - Jeanne Cummings - POLITICO.com

Third parties supporting the GOP candidates are outspending third parties supporting Democratic candidates. It says it right there in your article.

That's what the talk has been about. I guess you've misunderstood the discussion.

Third parties supporting the GOP candidates are outspending third parties supporting Democratic candidates. It says it right there in your article.

That's what the talk has been about. I guess you've misunderstood the discussion.

No, I think it is you who has misunderstood the discussion. This from an article Politico linked to in it's story:

“We will keep control of the Senate for certain, and I believe we’ll keep control of the House,” Biden said before adding that he had been “amazed” at the cash pro-Republican third-party outfits are dropping in campaigns.

“I’ve never seen this before, so the only caveat I’d put in terms of the House is how much impact this $200 billion are going to mean,” he hedged.

Biden presumably meant “million,” but the slip of the tongue also reveals just how much Democrats want to play up the impact of the outside money, much of which is undisclosed​

Then there's this quote from Nancy Pelosi:

"Everything was going great and all of a sudden secret money from God knows where — because they won't disclose it — is pouring in,” Pelosi said, offering a sunny retelling of recent political history.

And there's these quotes from the article:

“They’re widening the field, it’s just a stunning thing,” said a senior White House official, voicing what in political parlance is known as a prebuttal.

“These guys have been able to put down $500,000 or $1 million in a congressional district that wasn’t on radar screens and make the race competitive,” the official added. “In a congressional district, the dynamic can be affected by a million bucks in a way that a statewide race can’t.”...

...Putting the matter of who will take control of the House aside, this congressional official said: “The reality is that were it not for outside money there would be a lot less uncertainty in House, gubernatorial and Senate races around the country.”

I rest my case.

No, I think it is you who has misunderstood the discussion. This from an article Politico linked to in it's story:

“We will keep control of the Senate for certain, and I believe we’ll keep control of the House,” Biden said before adding that he had been “amazed” at the cash pro-Republican third-party outfits are dropping in campaigns.​

Opinion.

“I’ve never seen this before, so the only caveat I’d put in terms of the House is how much impact this $200 billion are going to mean,” he hedged.

Biden presumably meant “million,” but the slip of the tongue also reveals just how much Democrats want to play up the impact of the outside money, much of which is undisclosed

Not a lie assuming he meant million.

Then there's this quote from Nancy Pelosi:

"Everything was going great and all of a sudden secret money from God knows where — because they won't disclose it — is pouring in,” Pelosi said, offering a sunny retelling of recent political history.

The third party spending this year is about quadruple what it was last mid-term. That's a pretty big change. And much of it is indeed from anonymous sources.

And there's these quotes from the article:

“They’re widening the field, it’s just a stunning thing,” said a senior White House official, voicing what in political parlance is known as a prebuttal.

“These guys have been able to put down $500,000 or $1 million in a congressional district that wasn’t on radar screens and make the race competitive,” the official added. “In a congressional district, the dynamic can be affected by a million bucks in a way that a statewide race can’t.”...

...Putting the matter of who will take control of the House aside, this congressional official said: “The reality is that were it not for outside money there would be a lot less uncertainty in House, gubernatorial and Senate races around the country.”

All of this is true.

I rest my case.

I'm not sure you really understand the definition of the word "lie."

Back
Top Bottom