• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court wipes out lower court rulings in Texas abortion battle

A zef is not a human being. FACT

I am not worried about the next life. God is pro choice.

In Vegas that is called a wrong bettor.

A human in development in the womb does become another foot, a cuddly puppy, or a potted plant.

Ah...appeal to emotion when there's no argument left to make.

Your drama is just nonsense.

I'm not the one who needs to find ways to defend the slaughter of innocent children in the womb. I'm not expending any emotions, just stating the reality. I'm thankful that I don't need to defend your position. Very thankful.

images

baby-smile.jpg

If it is a false dichotrmy then you need to clarify your statement. You stated...

"Abortion should be a state matter to decide. I mean if we were really following the intent of the constitution."

Why should it be a state matter to decide?

Because that was the intention of the constitution. To reserve matters to the states which are not matters which the Federal government need to be involved in.

I'm not the one who needs to find ways to defend the slaughter of innocent children in the womb. I'm not expending any emotions, just stating the reality. I'm thankful that I don't need to defend your position. Very thankful.
LMAO...there are no children involved in abortion and there is no slaughter.

It's hysterical that you attempt an emotionally manipulative argument with me that's all about your feelings.

I am aware of the reality...abortion kills the unborn. If you think that's wrong, that's 'your belief.'

What authority that Americans are obligated to follow says that the unborn has a right to life?

The Constitution recognizes a woman's right to abortion. What else ya got?

Because that was the intention of the constitution. To reserve matters to the states which are not matters which the Federal government need to be involved in.
Except for the 10th Amendment...which makes it very clear that federal law supersedes state law...state laws cannot violate rights that the Const. protects.

And the Const protects a woman's right to abortion.

Working class whites =/= fetus
For those of you that are ok with abortion. Is it based on the fact that an unborn baby is not a living human being? Then what were you for the 9 months you grew and developed in your mothers womb? One day you were not alive, not a human and in a matter of a few minutes you became one? Now does that sound reasonable? Hell no.

For those of you that are ok with abortion. Is it based on the fact that an unborn baby is not a living human being? Then what were you for the 9 months you grew and developed in your mothers womb? One day you were not alive, not a human and in a matter of a few minutes you became one? Now does that sound reasonable? Hell no.

I am not "OK" with abortion.

I wish it was never needed. But needed it is. And I don't believe I or the government should be the arbiter of what a woman does with her body.

And early in the gestation they are naught but a clump of cells.

LMAO...there are no children involved in abortion and there is no slaughter.

It's hysterical that you attempt an emotionally manipulative argument with me that's all about your feelings.

I am aware of the reality...abortion kills the unborn. If you think that's wrong, that's 'your belief.'

What authority that Americans are obligated to follow says that the unborn has a right to life?

The Constitution recognizes a woman's right to abortion. What else ya got?
Where exactly doe the Constitution recognize a woman's right to abortion?

I am not "OK" with abortion.

I wish it was never needed. But needed it is. And I don't believe I or the government should be the arbiter of what a woman does with her body.

And early in the gestation they are naught but a clump of cells.
Define clump of cells. Do clumps of cells have heartbeats?

Where exactly doe the Constitution recognize a woman's right to abortion?
The 9th Amendment.

Where is your right to consensual sex? Where is your right to reproduce?

SCOTUS has ruled there is no reason to restrict the right to abortion (with very few exceptions, like most rights). It also clearly identified the Constitutionally recognized rights that protect women that would be violated by banning elective abortion.

Except for the 10th Amendment...which makes it very clear that federal law supersedes state law...state laws cannot violate rights that the Const. protects.

And the Const protects a woman's right to abortion.

Didn't Roe V Wade make an exception where in the 3rd trimester the state could prohibit abortions on demand, in order to protect fetuses?

I'm not argueing that Roe V Wade was good law, the SCOTUS injected ITSELF into an area which should have been handled in state supreme courts and/or state legislatures. But Roe specifically permits a state to ban late term abortions... so why does the left keep forgetting that part of it?

Didn't Roe V Wade make an exception where in the 3rd trimester the state could prohibit abortions on demand, in order to protect fetuses?
Yes, states can. 9 states do not.

I'm not argueing that Roe V Wade was good law,
smart

the SCOTUS injected ITSELF into an area which should have been handled in state supreme courts and/or state legislatures. But Roe specifically permits a state to ban late term abortions... so why does the left keep forgetting that part of it?
Completely wrong, since a state cannot ban elective abortion and actually enforce that ban without violating many of a woman's Constitutional rights and the 10th Amendment is very clear on that. Federal law supersedes state laws and state laws may not violate our Const. rights.

Several states tried to ban abortion in 2018/2019, some completely, some before 12 weeks. All were overruled as unconstitutional. Not a single one of those laws was enacted.

Yes, states can. 9 states do not.

The good states ban 3rd trimester abortions unless there is a factual and clinically diagnosed medical reason to save a woman's life. Not like California and a few where swollen ankles can be a reason for killing a baby moments before birth.

Hey, I wonder why you dropped the theological part of your argument? Hope it wasn't something I said? It was just getting interesting.

The good states ban 3rd trimester abortions unless there is a factual and clinically diagnosed medical reason to save a woman's life. Not like California and a few where swollen ankles can be a reason for killing a baby moments before birth.
The 'good states?' LOLOLOL look at you, your 'argument' reduced to judgement and your feelings.

Hey, I wonder why you dropped the theological part of your argument? Hope it wasn't something I said? It was just getting interesting.
I was very clear about that. I spelled it out. What part didnt you understand? The part where I said that the Bible didnt say anything against abortion? Where I could quote scriptures that showed that God valued women more than the unborn? Or where I said that in the US, it doesnt matter anyway. Or where I wrote that no one's religious beliefs should be forced on pregnant women?

Yea, abortion is a shitty business.
It sure is. Nobody wants an abortion. Nobody wants to face that kind of decision. It's never a good thing and unfortunately, both sides are too busy arguing over the procedure itself instead of working together on solutions to what caused a woman to be in a tough place like that in the first place.

In Vegas that is called a wrong bettor.

A human in development in the womb does become another foot, a cuddly puppy, or a potted plant.

I don't give a flying fig what Vegas does.

A zef is not a human being until live birth. FACT.

images

baby-smile.jpg

Your pictures don't sway me one iota.

It becomes a human being upon live birth. FACT. Not that it really matters, since no human being can be forced to have their body used by another anyway. We cannot even be forced to donate bone marrow when we are the only known matching donor and the patient will die without it.

So, you can't prove your claims. I accept your concession.
I'm unwilling to fart against thunder, I cannot use logic, decency, humanity, empathy or morality as these don't exist in your ken. That, you already conceded.
Back to the pain relief.

...and since both the right to travel and the right to abortion are both unenumerated rights, protected by the 9th amendment, I fail to see how it is a "false dichotomy." Are you sure you know what that means?

Babies are killed. You were a fetus. The right to abort one's offspring appears nowhere in the US Constitution.

Lursa already responded to this but to add to her response while giving you a bit of history on the 9th amendment, since you don't seem familiar with it. Its purpose is expressed by James Madison in the following quote.

''It has been objected also against a bill of rights, that, by enumerating particular exceptions to the grant of power, it would disparage those rights which were not placed in that enumeration; and it might follow by implication, that those rights which were not singled out, were intended to be assigned into the hands of the General Government, and were consequently insecure. This is one of the most plausible arguments I have ever heard against the admission of a bill of rights into this system; but, I conceive, that it may be guarded against. I have attempted it, as gentlemen may see by turning to the last clause of the fourth resolution.''

Back
Top Bottom