• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court wipes out lower court rulings in Texas abortion battle

Scrabaholic

certified batshit crazy
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday voided rulings from lower courts that upheld a ban on most abortions in Texas early in the coronavirus pandemic.

The high court vacated two rulings from the lower U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals that sided with Texas GOP officials arguing that Gov. Greg Abbott’s March 2020 executive order prohibited abortion under all but a few narrow circumstances in an attempt to preserve medical resources for COVID-19 patients. Abortion providers have said that the procedure rarely requires hospital time and typically does not involve extensive personal protective equipment.

It is good to see that the new SC is ruling rationally on this issue, though I haven't been able to find info on who voted which way yet.

I'm not surprised that slimey GOP bastards used COVID to attack abortion.
Well, they ALL used covid to attack small businesses and pass numerous pork bills with those stimulus checks attached (which is why Biden is pushing for another) so this shouldn't be surprising.

Using a pandemic to violate the constitutional right of abortion. Very sad.
It's not a constitutional right, a judgement by a disgusting judge, allowed a door to be opened, not even a law, not even the senate or president, to butcher children.

I'm not surprised that slimey GOP bastards used COVID to attack abortion.

But but...they said that covid was a hoax that Democrats used to steal the election.

I don't think the poor bastards know what they believe, anymore. They just keep the BS coming and hope that no one will be the wiser.

But but...they said that covid was a hoax that Democrats used to steal the election.

I don't think the poor bastards know what they believe, anymore. They just keep the BS coming and hope that no one will be the wiser.

Oh, they know what they believe. Just view their every accusation as an accidental confession and it'll all make sense.

Oh, they know what they believe. Just view their every accusation as an accidental confession and it'll all make sense.
Well, I've always said they projected too much...and they just keep proving me right. lol

It's not a constitutional right, a judgement by a disgusting judge, allowed a door to be opened, not even a law, not even the senate or president, to butcher children.

It is a constitutional right. Read up on roe v wade. They are not children, they are fetuses.

The judgement was based on the interpretation of the constitution by the Supreme Court.
To ratify a judgement, it must be ratified, or tested, or passed through government legislative procedures. None of the aforementioned has been accomplished.
It's a get out of jail card only. It's the right to destroy life, by a perverted old judge. One judge!

Well, they ALL used covid to attack small businesses and pass numerous pork bills with those stimulus checks attached (which is why Biden is pushing for another) so this shouldn't be surprising.

Who did all that? i recall a GOP senate and GOP potus who signed off on it.

Who did all that? i recall a GOP senate and GOP potus who signed off on it.
Mmmm.....Biden, sponsored by George Soros, BLM, finance by George Soros, Dominion computer software, financed by George Soros, antifa, guess what, financed by George Soros.
Are you a paid member of George Soros staff? Just asking,

To ratify a judgement, it must be ratified, or tested, or passed through government legislative procedures. None of the aforementioned has been accomplished.
It's a get out of jail card only. It's the right to destroy life, by a perverted old judge. One judge!

Roe v Wade was based on a legal case. She challenged the law inhibiting her right to an abortion. The supreme court took the case and determined that based on constitution, stopping her from getting an abortion was against the law.

This single judge had no choice but to rule based on the judgement of the Supreme Court. It is called precedent. If you you want to pass blame you should probably focus on the roe v wade judges.

Mmmm.....Biden, sponsored by George Soros, BLM, finance by George Soros, Dominion computer software, financed by George Soros, antifa, guess what, financed by George Soros.
Are you a paid member of George Soros staff? Just asking,

Why do you keep attacking me personally in these threads? And why would I give any credibility to an anti-semitic paranoid conspiracy theory about George Soros?

Why do you keep attacking me personally in these threads? And why would I give any credibility to an anti-semitic paranoid conspiracy theory about George Soros?
I only pointed out the obvious facts, so I'm not attacking you, only asking a question I thought worthy a reply, obviously you don't want to reply!

I only pointed out the obvious facts, so I'm not attacking you, only asking a question I thought worthy a reply, obviously you don't want to reply!

Please cite proof of all those facts. Thx.

Roe v Wade was based on a legal case. She challenged the law inhibiting her right to an abortion. The supreme court took the case and determined that based on constitution, stopping her from getting an abortion was against the law.

This single judge had no choice but to rule based on the judgement of the Supreme Court. It is called precedent. If you you want to pass blame you should probably focus on the roe v wade judges.
I have previously posted the rebuttal of this judgement. As I am not ofay with the American systems. But brother Nathanial did a vid on her Ginsberg and the judgement.

Even in your own country of Scotland abortions are allowed if they are done before the 24th week and after that only if the mother's life is at risk or if the child
may be born with a severe disability.

I have previously posted the rebuttal of this judgement. As I am not ofay with the American systems. But brother Nathanial did a vid on her Ginsberg and the judgement.

Fair enough. However Ginsburg was one of ... about 8 supreme court justices and framing the decision as a bad one does not render the decision any less legally binding.

If you dont mind me asking; where are you from?

Back
Top Bottom