• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Strikes Down Strict Texas Abortion Law

And where did you get your medical degree doctor.?

Some of these women terminate a pregnancy because medically they are unfit for a second child. Or because of age or other medical reasons that pregnancy is particularly dangerous for the child..

Who are you.. or the government to make a medical decision for the woman?

Shhhh!!!! You'll ruin the manufactured outrage and utterly spoil the false narrative!

Shhhh!!!! You'll ruin the manufactured outrage and utterly spoil the false narrative!

Totally.

These folks will fight tooth and nail.. to allow parents who want to "pray for their child"... to allow that child to suffer and die when a relatively simple medical treatment.. will save the childs life.

Meanwhile they will demand that my 14 year old patient who was brutally raped and beaten... carry that child at risk to her and the baby.

And then claim they are for "smaller government". There is nothing small about the government making medical decisions for people.

Totally.

These folks will fight tooth and nail.. to allow parents who want to "pray for their child"... to allow that child to suffer and die when a relatively simple medical treatment.. will save the childs life.

Meanwhile they will demand that my 14 year old patient who was brutally raped and beaten... carry that child at risk to her and the baby.

And then claim they are for "smaller government". There is nothing small about the government making medical decisions for people.

You're exaggerating a bit. Not all Christians or Pro-lifers believe medical treatment should be withheld in the place of prayers.

You're exaggerating a bit. Not all Christians or Pro-lifers believe medical treatment should be withheld in the place of prayers.

And not all Christians believe that the government should make a persons medical decisions either.

But a significant portion of pro lifers.. will fight tooth and nail to allow prayer in lieu of medical treatment.

and then turn around and claim they know and the government knows whats best for my patient and her unborn.

And "exaggeration"...

Abortion = murder.. serial killing?
Having an abortion is unfit mother.. selfish?

Yeah.. don't talk to me about exaggeration..

You seem unwilling to read what I wrote, brain dead is dead, the only thing alive is the empty shell of flesh and nothing more.

Good, then we agree. So would you like to tell me why you used it as an example?

And not all Christians believe that the government should make a persons medical decisions either.

But a significant portion of pro lifers.. will fight tooth and nail to allow prayer in lieu of medical treatment.

and then turn around and claim they know and the government knows whats best for my patient and her unborn.

And "exaggeration"...

Abortion = murder.. serial killing?
Having an abortion is unfit mother.. selfish?

Yeah.. don't talk to me about exaggeration..

Actually every Christian I know is pro-life and knows a abortion is much more than a " medical procedure ".

Its the stopping of a human heart every time, its the ending of a innocent human life every time

And please post any credible data that supports your assertion that a " significant "number of Christians are in fact Christian Scientists

Ive been a Christian for 30 years and have yet to meet these people at any churche Ive ever attended

To decide that life is relative (which is precisely what you are doing by advocating for the premeditated ending of life in the womb) is to contradict every facet of social justice advocacy. It is one of many reasons the Unthinking Left are unthinking.

However you want to pretend to rationalize it. Whichever way you seek to justify it. What you are saying is:

"Piss off, your life isn't worth mine."

Why should I care then if you have "equality"? Why should I care if you are treated fair? Why should I care if you are discriminated against? That you receive a living wage? That you're fed, or clothed, or have shelter?

Why shouldn't I say, "Piss off, your life isn't worth mine."

That's your attitude, so why shouldn't it be mine?

How do places that provide surgeries get off not following the same rules because of financial burdens? I'm also somewhat lost why better treatment is needed here. Is equal treatment under the law not good enough?

Do you believe all surgeries and procedures are created alike?

As things go, abortions are more of a procedure than a surgery. Many procedures (and surgeries) are carried out in doctors offices, clinics, and urgent care centers.

What you are suggesting is that abortions are actually needing stricter rules than other procedures that are done in similar settings,

Abortion clinics are actually WANTING the same rules, not more relaxed rules.

I am curious...what about clinics, MD offices, and urgent care centers in sparsely populated areas? Do you think that to have a procedure (non abortion) with a similar safety profile...the patient should be obligated only to go to an extensively equipped facility with an MD with admitting privileges that is many miles away??? The answer is of course not....it would be unnecessary to add extra levels of safety for procedures that are already safe. It would drive up costs, cause needless delays in treatment, make patients take extra time off work and away from theirequr families.

The bottom line is that the abortion clinics want to be treated equally to other facilities that perform procedures with similar safety profiles.

pro abortion nuts once again mirroring pro gun nuts. any restriction, no matter how reasonable, is treated as a World War 3-like attack on their "rights". the weirdo's who celebrate this are just as loony as the gun people who celebrated last week's vote.

To decide that life is relative (which is precisely what you are doing by advocating for the premeditated ending of life in the womb) is to contradict every facet of social justice advocacy. It is one of many reasons the Unthinking Left are unthinking.

However you want to pretend to rationalize it. Whichever way you seek to justify it. What you are saying is:

"Piss off, your life isn't worth mine."

Why should I care then if you have "equality"? Why should I care if you are treated fair? Why should I care if you are discriminated against? That you receive a living wage? That you're fed, or clothed, or have shelter?

Why shouldn't I say, "Piss off, your life isn't worth mine."

That's your attitude, so why shouldn't it be mine?

sounds just like banning abortion and telling the woman to piss off, her life isn't worth the babies. Some of us accept that fact and some ignore it. I accept it.
You are doing exactly what you claim others are doing just in another direction. Your stance is FACTUALLY NOT based on equality or human right to life.

equality is factually impossible on this issue, we can only try for something close, something in the middle.

Actually every Christian I know is pro-life and knows a abortion is much more than a " medical procedure ".

Its the stopping of a human heart every time, its the ending of a innocent human life every time

And please post any credible data that supports your assertion that a " significant "number of Christians are in fact Christian Scientists

Ive been a Christian for 30 years and have yet to meet these people at any churche Ive ever attended

There are pro choice mainline Christians who have formed the Religious Coalition for Reproductive choice.

There are many millions of us.
COALITION MEMBERS

At our core, RCRC is a coalition of national religious organizations.

Member Organizations

American Jewish Committee

American Jewish Congress

Anti-Defamation League

Catholics for Choice

Central Conference of American Rabbis

Disciples for Choice

Episcopal Church

Episcopal Women’s Caucus

General Board of Church and Society of the United Methodist Church

Jewish Reconstructionist Movement

Jewish Women International

Lutheran Women’s Caucus

Methodist Federation for Social Action

Metropolitan Community Church

NA’AMAT USA

National Council of Jewish Women

Presbyterian Mission Agency

Presbyterians Affirming Reproductive Options (PARO)

Rabbinical Assembly

Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association

Society for Humanistic Judaism

Union for Reform Judaism

Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations

Unitarian Universalist Women’s Federation

United Church of Christ

United Methodist Women

Women of Reform Judaism

Women’s League for Conservative Judaism

Coalition Members | Religious Coalition For Reproductive Choice

Last edited:
pro abortion nuts once again mirroring pro gun nuts. any restriction, no matter how reasonable, is treated as a World War 3-like attack on their "rights". the weirdo's who celebrate this are just as loony as the gun people who celebrated last week's vote.

Except, of course, that that's not actually happening. Other than in your imagination, that is.

All life is dear especially human life, especially the life of a innocent and defenseless human.

The lives of the most innocent and defenseless are being snuffed out where they're supposed to be protected the most.

In the womb of their mothers.

And when a mother decides to abort? Should we throw her in jail? Or maybe just an old fashioned stoning? Point is, is she can't take care of a kid...she shouldn't have one. Hell, we shouldn't want her anywhere near a kid.

I don't really care about the issue beyond the question, what are the states still allowed to regulate?

I don't think Texas is really going to care, to be honest. I mean, every anti-abortionist dreams of a pro-life endgame where nobody anywhere can get an abortion, but they are content to keep creating these strawman laws in order to temporarily block it. Saving lives is saving lives. Imagine how many women have been forced to go through pregnancy or abort by their own means in the time it took to strike down the law? The pro-life view victory as victory. *shrug*

It shows that Texas can be really creative, which contradicts stereotypes. What I wish is that Texas would use that creative energy to do real good in the world. It's mind boggling when humanity's genius is put toward such mundanity.

About the topic itself... the law didn't make sense in the first place. How many doctors capable of doing abortions also have admitting privileges at hospitals? Not many. Still, it's not a safety issue because anyone being sent to a hospital will still be triaged based on the severity of their condition. The additional clause made no sense and was a transparent attempt at obstructionism.

I don't really care about the issue beyond the question, what are the states still allowed to regulate?

My guess is if you find a state regulation and nobody is challenging it for being unconstitutional, then you'd probably be in safe territory if you wanted to call it legit.

Read more @: Supreme Court Strikes Down Strict Texas Abortion Law
:applaud:applaudA huge win for women's healthcare! These laws were nothing but a sham that were passed to shut down many of the states abortion clinics. [/FONT][/COLOR]

a predictable result..... most everyone should know by now that the majority of SCOTUS won't allow such restrictions on abortion.... they belive it's an unlimited right, so it can't be touched.

and FYI, the "win" was for abortion, not healthcare.

Abortion is legal. What TX did was try to make it very difficult for someone to get an abortion in TX. What they did was wrong.

Every adult woman in America has the RIGHT to get an abortion if she wants to.

Don't like abortion? Don't have one.

LMAO what was the reasonable part?
Why didnt the medical community support it?
why were the requirements DIFFERENT than the medical communities?
why were other procedures of the same classification also not change why JUST abortion?

I did and do celebrate both though and i proud of it so what are you saying?

a predictable result..... most everyone should know by now that the majority of SCOTUS won't allow such restrictions on abortion.... they belive it's an unlimited right, so it can't be touched.

and FYI, the "win" was for abortion, not healthcare.

1.) abortion is already limited so thats false
2.) abortion is factually healthcare by definition

1.)Actually every Christian I know is pro-life and knows a abortion is much more than a " medical procedure ".
2.)Its the stopping of a human heart every time, its the ending of a innocent human life every time
3.) Ive been a Christian for 30 years and have yet to meet these people at any churche Ive ever attended

1.) you need to get out more than because there are MILLIONS of christians that are pro life, christians actually get like almost 65% of the abortions in this country
2.) 100% factually false, do you even know what an abortion is? how could you even post such a blatant lie.
3.) again get out more. christians make up the majority of the country so by default they make up the most abortions

This is a landmark decision in that it clearly thwarts the attempts of the anti-abortion groups to try to circumvent Roe v. Wade through the obfuscation of red-tape. They now must be honest brokers in their political quest.
They'll probably just try a different angle...

1.) abortion is already limited so thats false
2.) abortion is factually healthcare by definition

1, yes, it is as of now...with the addition of kagan and sotomayor, and whomever Hilary puts in there, our reality ill change significantly.... I'm certain PP is standing by in anticipation of SCOTUS taking on a radically new ideological bend

2, yes, i'm familiar with the pro-abortion propagandists habit of hiding the term "abortion" as "women's healthcare"... i'm not new to the game.

Back
Top Bottom