• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Blocks Obama Immigration Plan[W:138]

Re: Supreme Court Blocks Obama Immigration Plan

So would you be OK with a President deciding that we aren't going to spend any money pursuing civil rights violations, since that money could be better spent on stopping meth production??

If the President decided that that's the best way to utilize his limited resources that is his prerogative and yes I would be fine with it. If I disagree with the way he prioritizes things I can make my disagreement known on election day.

Or Congress could just redirects some funds from a variety of sources. Good start would be Foreign aid, some social welfare programs, etc. Therefore , no tax increase.

Sure they might do that..............But this Congress would never do so.......The House will leave town Friday with out ever passing funding for fighting the Zika virus........so it is just a matter of time..........maybe this years......but surely next years......

The virus will become endemic........... That's the kind of folks who are looking out for our best interest..........just like the folks who yelled at one debate......Let them die as an answer/replacement to ObamaCare........

And that is one of the reason why most of America is pissed off........They go to D.C. and don't do s%!t but search out campaign funds so they can get elected again so they can do more nothing..........

I for one is going to vote for anyone other than my GOP rep in congress........he too is one of the larger problems doing more nothing than average........

IMHO I have little faith in correcting the problems and don't believe the US can fix the problems and headed for the garbage can.........

Sure they might do that..............But this Congress would never do so.......The House will leave town Friday with out ever passing funding for fighting the Zika virus........so it is just a matter of time..........maybe this years......but surely next years......

The virus will become endemic........... That's the kind of folks who are looking out for our best interest..........just like the folks who yelled at one debate......Let them die as an answer/replacement to ObamaCare........

And that is one of the reason why most of America is pissed off........They go to D.C. and don't do s%!t but search out campaign funds so they can get elected again so they can do more nothing..........

I for one is going to vote for anyone other than my GOP rep in congress........he too is one of the larger problems doing more nothing than average........

IMHO I have little faith in correcting the problems and don't believe the US can fix the problems and headed for the garbage can.........

Got to ask, What are you on?:mrgreen: Zika virus in the discussion on the SC decision regarding immigration. Good Grief.

My point stands is there should be no "politics" in decisions by the SC. I agree the justices are human. Justice should be blind. That is take out the emotional and politics. Allowing for different political leans is what is getting us into trouble.

For me it is interesting when a panel of judges can read the law and not come to the same conclusion on if the law is supported by the Constitution or not.

I agree there shouldn't be but there is I don't see how you get rid of it. And it's not even really politics - or not only politics because there are a number of frameworks under which laws can be interpreted. And the framework you use can lead to different conclusions that have very little to do with politics, aside from the fact that conservatives tend to prefer some modes of interpretation while liberals tend to prefer others.

They will never be deported....... they are the last on the list of priorities to deport......and the expense to deport some 11 million people is in the hundreds of billons.......And would require a tax increase.....and we all know all those who want them folks out of the USA would change their minds and come to love their Latino family next door

This was a about the rule of law but, we essentially don't have a border now. The process of erasing our sovereignty is in full swing.

So you won't answer the question, does the President have the authority to ignore the immigration laws of the land which is what he is doing with his EO? How can any SC Justice side with Obama on this issue?

As for the Rightwing whining that is simply your opinion. The laws are specific which you want to ignore

Your premise contains an unsubstantiated charge/opinion "that the President is ignoring the law.............your augments fails......

E.O. Have been used by Presidents starting with George Washington and have never been challenged.........by custom alone a SCOTYUS justice would know of the "separation of powers" and not say as much as a peep.......

Oh yes I forgot to mention SCOTUS Judges can do almost anything they dam well want to do..........

Yes the whining is my opinion.........Where did I say or imply I want to ignore a law?

Any executive - be it the President, a Governor, mayor has significant latitude in setting LE priorities if for no other reason than that they don't have unlimited money and manpower. I think you would find that trying to vigorously enforce every single law on the books would bankrupt the country.

Yeah, but this aint that. There is a difference between changing law and prioritizing a law's enforcement.

Post on subject or get lost..........Your snide comments are nor welcome or appreciated..........Unless you have something to say on the subject.............get lost

I did comment on the subject. My first post in this thread. You apparently missed it.

I had MSNBC on a few hours ago when this broke. Fascinating. What were the 4 idiots who believed Obama had the right to do what he did thinking?

Back to the lower courts now, which means Obama is finished with this issue. This was a huge blow to him, I'm sure. And a well deserved blow. He doesn't seem to remember that we have a Constitution, and why.

By the way, it's an open board. You aren't a moderator. You don't get to pick and choose who posts in your threads. When you post commentary, as you did, you need to be prepared for people questioning you. You brought Trump in a thread that has nothing to do with him. Maybe you forgot what you were posting about?

I had MSNBC on a few hours ago when this broke. Fascinating. What were the 4 idiots who believed Obama had the right to do what he did thinking?

Back to the lower courts now, which means Obama is finished with this issue. This was a huge blow to him, I'm sure. And a well deserved blow. He doesn't seem to remember that we have a Constitution, and why.

I am sure that the opinions of the 8 judges on the decision can be located online.

This is why I argue his so called constitutional credentials that people spout all the time.
Also I have no idea what those 4 judges were thinking they should be benched of course you realize it was the 4 liberal judges meaning they put their ideology above the constitution.

It doesn't even go back to the lower courts. the lower court decision stands.

This is why I argue his so called constitutional credentials that people spout all the time.
Also I have no idea what those 4 judges were thinking they should be benched of course you realize it was the 4 liberal judges meaning they put their ideology above the constitution.

It doesn't even go back to the lower courts. the lower court decision stands.

Thank you for the correction. You are 100% correct. I should have said it differently because it does look like I was saying the lower courts are going to re-hear this or something else.

As for those 4 judges, it certainly isn't the first time they've confounded me. Probably, sadly, won't be the last.

Oh woopy…….now the Donald if elected can deport kids to countries they have never lived or know about………

…….. And possibly cannot speak the language……

This should make many unchristian and heartless folks feel good about themselves…….

That would be the fault of their parents for either bringing them here or givng birth to them here.

We're a nation of laws. Want to come here? Get in line like everyone else.

Supreme Court blocks Obama immigration plan | Fox News

The Supreme Court on Thursday blocked President Obama’s immigration executive actions, in a tie decision that delivers a win to states challenging his plan to give a deportation reprieve to millions of illegal immigrants.

The justices' one-sentence opinion on Thursday effectively kills the plan for the duration of Obama's presidency.

The 4-4 tie vote sets no national precedent but leaves in place the ruling by the lower court. In this case, the federal appeals court in New Orleans said the Obama administration lacked the authority to shield up to 4 million immigrants from deportation and make them eligible for work permits without approval from Congress.

The SCOTUS left in please a lower court ruling that stated Obama overstepped his authority again with his EO on immigration.

Thank God there is some common sense left in the SC.

I have.......I love the law........believe in the rule of law.......and have the responsibility/duty to follow same as interpreted by SCOTUS..........Is that clear enough for ya?

evidently you don't because the SCOTUS and really it wasn't even them but the appeals court followed the rule of law which says Obama can't rule by fiat.
so why do you have an issue with that?

Thank God there is some common sense left in the SC.

not really as 4 judges said it was ok for Obama to rule by fiat.

I'm talking to the thick one . The Constitution backs me up , liberals are the ones trying to deny it exists .

“If you think that you are living in a stupid country, you can be sure that you are being governed by the most stupid people!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan

Stop talking to yourself then.

The First Amendment prohibits the government from interfering with free speech. It does not say that private citizens cannot protest speech they don't like. Since you clearly haven't read the Amendment (or likely any of the others), I can't help you. Unless you can prove that the government is stopping Trump rallies, no violation of the First Amendment is occuring. You're just sore that everybody doesn't worship at the Temple of Trump.

when you protest disrupts the other persons right to speak then yes it is against the first amendment.
your right to protest doesn't disrupt the other persons right to speak.

it also doesn't allow you to assault people that are in attendance.

No, the First Amendment is a restriction on the government. I thought you guys were all about the Constitution, yet apparently you can't be bothered to read it.

If so then stop lying about the law.

Not one thing you said in that characterization of this decision is true. Not. One. Thing.
Having said that Jack........

Now can you speak to the subject

Got to ask, What are you on?:mrgreen: Zika virus in the discussion on the SC decision regarding immigration. Good Grief.

Try reading for understanding........Go try again

But you are off-subject

No, the First Amendment is a restriction on the government. I thought you guys were all about the Constitution, yet apparently you can't be bothered to read it.

your rights end where another begins. yes you can't be bothered to read it.

This was a about the rule of law but, we essentially don't have a border now. The process of erasing our sovereignty is in full swing.

..,... methinks you doth protest too much...........

evidently you don't because the SCOTUS and really it wasn't even them but the appeals court followed the rule of law which says Obama can't rule by fiat.
so why do you have an issue with that?

.........now can your read what was posted for MEANING.............and the comment.........and do so commenting as you wish............one issue at a time ......and in separate sentences

Supreme Court blocks Obama immigration plan | Fox News

The Supreme Court on Thursday blocked President Obama’s immigration executive actions, in a tie decision that delivers a win to states challenging his plan to give a deportation reprieve to millions of illegal immigrants.

The justices' one-sentence opinion on Thursday effectively kills the plan for the duration of Obama's presidency.

The 4-4 tie vote sets no national precedent but leaves in place the ruling by the lower court. In this case, the federal appeals court in New Orleans said the Obama administration lacked the authority to shield up to 4 million immigrants from deportation and make them eligible for work permits without approval from Congress.

The SCOTUS left in please a lower court ruling that stated Obama overstepped his authority again with his EO on immigration.
He was trying shield potential Clinton voters, and they knew it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh woopy…….now the Donald if elected can deport kids to countries they have never lived or know about………

…….. And possibly cannot speak the language……

This should make many unchristian and heartless folks feel good about themselves…….
My parents couldn't speak English when they came here, what's the big deal?

..,... methinks you doth protest too much...........
That bull**** quote doesn't work here; have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom