• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SUNDAY MORNING BILL

If

Of course not. No one that believes what she professes to believe has the Holy Spirit dwelling in them. She might think she does but if there’s any spirit in dwelling her it’s a lying spirit. Take it from there.

I believe that God's Word is forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, and compassion...and you are rejecting that? Denying God's Word? Whatever you follow must be a horror.

I’m not here to debate scripture. I say what the Bible says. I can give chapter and verse for every statement I make

Mindlessly quoting passages doesnt mean you understand them. There's a JW poster here that does that and cannot express or explain a single one of them in her own words.

It also doesnt mean that they are true...since the Bible was written by fallible men of their times. That's why I stick with the consistent and over arching Message that He has decried throughout the Bible, His Word of forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, and compassion. You cannot go wrong by your fellow man OR God if you can comply with that...and it is not easy.

No. Being homosexual means the person is sexually active with the same sex. Attraction is where it begins.

No it doesnt. Loads of priests are gay and never have sex. Being a homosexual means you are attracted to the same sex, whether you ever have sex or not. Good lord, how do you not know that?

Priests are supposed to be celibate. If they break their vows with another man they are homosexuals. If they molest children they are pedophiles. If they have sex with a woman they are heterosexual. Simple.
So then priests are neither heterosexual nor homosexual?

Sadly, the UMC isn’t on the same page, are they? It’s all over the news. Your denomination has become apostate. Sadly, John Wesley would be heartbroken if he knew.

As for scripture pertaining to homosexual activity I’m sure you know where to find it. But of course you will have perverted it. People like you have splintered and divided at once great Christian movement.

I can only say God help you. I will pray for you as the Lord leads. Repent before it’s too late.

We're United Methodists and we're all on the same page. When my dad's favorite nephew came out to our family, he prayed and welcomed my cousin's boyfriend with open arms. We all attended their wedding.

What do you call asking the govt to forbid gay people from marrying the people that they love? Trying to forbid them from adopting children? Supporting discriminating against them in work and services and society? Dont kid yourself...that's hate and malice.

To behave so horribly towards people that do no harm to themselves or society? God is not on your side...He expects you to show compassion, and brotherly love. And of course, I didnt see where you showed where being gay breaks God's Word?

Sadly, the UMC isn’t on the same page, are they? It’s all over the news. Your denomination has become apostate. Sadly, John Wesley would be heartbroken if he knew.

LOLOLOL They are? Where? Source some different things.

As for scripture pertaining to homosexual activity I’m sure you know where to find it. But of course you will have perverted it. People like you have splintered and divided at once great Christian movement.

Only you have perverted it, by accepting it in the face of God's Word.

I can only say God help you. I will pray for you as the Lord leads. Repent before it’s too late.

That is all you can say because once again you could not show where I was wrong about God's Word. You reject it...but cannot articulate why or how. You are hiding behind self-righteous bluster...not facts and not even God's real Word.

LOLOLOL They are? Where? Source some different things.

Only you have perverted it, by accepting it in the face of God's Word.

That is all you can say because once again you could not show where I was wrong about God's Word. You reject it...but cannot articulate why or how. You are hiding behind self-righteous bluster...not facts and not even God's real Word.

Why don’t you ask your elders?

Priests are supposed to be celibate. If they break their vows with another man they are homosexuals. If they molest children they are pedophiles. If they have sex with a woman they are heterosexual. Simple.
The simple fact that you have gotten all these words wrong, tells me that you don't have God's word right either. Denial on your part in 3...2...1...

I'm not speaking of water immersion. That would be an outward sign/demonstration of an inward change.
I was not speaking of any kind of water or symbolism, which the ceremony most certainly is. My point stands.

Glad to see that so many went the right way...according to God's Word. Thanks!

(What do I care about church politics? Or numbers? What does it change? Not God's Word.)
I’m curious. Which version of the Bible do you study?

The simple fact that you have gotten all these words wrong, tells me that you don't have God's word right either. Denial on your part in 3...2...1...
What is the definition of homosexuality Oxford?

a. Characterized by sexual or romantic attraction to, or sexual activity with, people of the same sex; involving or relating to same-sex desire or sexual activity. Both as an adjective and a noun.

You only use the Bible when it’s convenient for you but you fail to acknowledge what the Bible says about homosexuality. That’s not convenient to your position.

I have interacted with one other person on this board that’s UMC. Same thing with her. Her line is the UMC is “learning Jesus” outside of what the scriptures say. You sound just like her.

There’s nothing fabricated about what you said. A agree with you. But you present an incomplete picture. There’s no salvation. No repentance. You sound like a social worker.
The Bible. What do you claim I'm fabricating?

I have interacted with one other person on this board that’s UMC. Same thing with her. Her line is the UMC is “learning Jesus” outside of what the scriptures say. You sound just like her.
That is because the Bible has proven to not be infallible or corruptible. If it was then the Adulterer's Bible would never had even one copy printed, yet alone the many copies that got out before the error was caught.

You only use the Bible when it’s convenient for you but you fail to acknowledge what the Bible says about homosexuality. That’s not convenient to your position.

Nope...His Word covers EVERYTHING, it's His overall Message throughout the Bible. The stories are supposed to support that Word and most do...even if some are misinterpreted...accidentally or on purpose.

If you dont break His Word, it's not a sin: forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, compassion. So how can being gay be a sin? It harms no one.

Here's an example tho, of men choosing to interpret His Word...with good intentions:

Saying that fornication is a sin. Men of the times knew that women had no options outside of their father's or husband's homes. It was safer for women to be married off, protected from stray men and unwanted pregnancies, and they wanted to get them producing babies. All seen as "positive, beneficial" for women. "Protecting them." They thought it was the right thing.
And maybe it was, for that time. But today, with women being self-sufficient, educated, using birth control, etc...we dont need to be protected that way. Sex outside marriage harms no one.
Not adultery, that harms others, but fornication is just sharing sex outside marriage. It's not a sin.

Never heard that 🤷

There’s nothing fabricated about what you said. A agree with you. But you present an incomplete picture. There’s no salvation. No repentance. You sound like a social worker.

It's complete and it covers everything. Name something you think is a sin that isnt included under His Word of forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, and compassion? We already saw that homosexuality and fornication are not included...they harm no one. They encompass brotherly love and possibly beyond.

Now murder, rape, theft, harming others and their property, acting on unkindness, envy, etc...sure, sins. All go against His Word.

Nope...His Word covers EVERYTHING, it's His overall Message throughout the Bible. The stories are supposed to support that Word and most do...even if some are misinterpreted...accidentally or on purpose.

If you dont break His Word, it's not a sin: forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, compassion. So how can being gay be a sin? It harms no one.

Here's an example tho, of men choosing to interpret His Word...with good intentions:

Saying that fornication is a sin. Men of the times knew that women had no options outside of their father's or husband's homes. It was safer for women to be married off, protected from stray men and unwanted pregnancies, and they wanted to get them producing babies. All seen as "positive, beneficial" for women. "Protecting them." They thought it was the right thing.
And maybe it was, for that time. But today, with women being self-sufficient, educated, using birth control, etc...we dont need to be protected that way. Sex outside marriage harms no one.
Not adultery, that harms others, but fornication is just sharing sex outside marriage. It's not a sin.

Never heard that 🤷

It's complete and it covers everything. Name something you think is a sin that isnt included under His Word of forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, and compassion? We already saw that homosexuality and fornication are not included...they harm no one. They encompass brotherly love and possibly beyond.

Now murder, rape, theft, harming others and their property, acting on unkindness, envy, etc...sure, sins. All go against His Word.

Never heard that 🤷

There are just too many verses of scripture to bother to copy and paste them into my response. Adultery is a sin. Sexual immorality is a sin. Lying is a sin. Theres so much more but I wont bother. I’m done with you.

There are just too many verses of scripture to bother to copy and paste them into my response. Adultery is a sin. Sexual immorality is a sin. Lying is a sin. Theres so much more but I wont bother. I’m done with you.

So you cannot articulate how I'm wrong? Your denial isnt an argument. I've explained why just individual scriptures and stories doesnt prove that they're the accurate Word.

You're done because you cannot refute my position or His Word. He would be disappointed at your lack of competence in evangelizing His true Love for His Children.

Btw, I explained that adultery is a sin and why. Lying is a sin...it harms others. Sexual immorality as a whole is not discussed in the Bible, but specific sexual behaviors are. Adultery...harms. Rape...harms. Fornication...harms no one. It is a consensual activity.

I see you have a great deal of confusion over God's Word. That's sad considering that you've probably been investing in the same things for...decades? But one can always change...and God forgives.

So you cannot articulate how I'm wrong? Your denial isnt an argument. I've explained why just individual scriptures and stories doesnt prove that they're the accurate Word.

You're done because you cannot refute my position or His Word. He would be disappointed at your lack of competence in evangelizing His true Love for His Children.
It’s impossible to refute a denier. You’re just an excuse maker. Your explanations are based on lies. I’ve told you that you’re deceived. It’s clear that the UMC is apostate and you deny that. You’re no different than the people of the world. Sin reigns in your life. You embrace sin and call it brotherly love, compassion, etc. There’s no argument against someone like that except to tell you the truth. And I have but you deny the truth. We’re done. I told you that. Move on.

Fornication is a sin against one’s own body. The Bible says that. Refute the Bible at your own risk. The Bible says to flee fornication. Move on. Your lies make me weary.
Btw, I explained that adultery is a sin and why. Lying is a sin...it harms others. Sexual immorality as a whole is not discussed in the Bible, but specific sexual behaviors are. Adultery...harms. Rape...harms. Fornication...harms no one. It is a consensual activity.

I see you have a great deal of confusion over God's Word. That's sad considering that you've probably been investing in the same things for...decades? But one can always change...and God forgives.

Back
Top Bottom