• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SUNDAY MORNING BILL

Why would you want to “embarrass me and “destroy my credibility”?

For the record there are two views/opinions on whether or not Baptists are Protestant or not because of the differences in their beliefs as opposed to traditional Protestants. However, the majority view is that they are Protestants so I STAND CORRECTED. Now if that embarrasses me or destroys my credibility in your view, good for you. You win.

As per your assertion that the SBC or any other Christian organization is on a par with the ongoing issues in the Catholic Church you are badly mistaken. Although there have violations they don’t even approach what has happened in the Catholic Church community. So there’s that. Your assertion is way off base and grossly inaccurate.

Good, you walked it back.

Have you at all been following the revelations that have come out of the Southern Baptist Convention’s sexual abuse allegations? The only reason they aren’t as if as the Catholic Church’s is because the SBC isn’t a global organization. But they are just as insidious.

I ask again, if “no one supports these behaviors” why do churches keep covering up sexual abuse and trying to silence victims rather than making sure abusers see justice?

Why do you think the sexual abuse in the SBC just came to light? Because it hasn’t been going on as long and to the degree of the Catholic community.

It has been going on long. The allegations go back decades.

Good, you walked it back.

Have you at all been following the revelations that have come out of the Southern Baptist Convention’s sexual abuse allegations? The only reason they aren’t as if as the Catholic Church’s is because the SBC isn’t a global organization. But they are just as insidious.

I ask again, if “no one supports these behaviors” why do churches keep covering up sexual abuse and trying to silence victims rather than making sure abusers see justice?
I can only say my church would never cover up sexual abuse of any sort. We are not however members of any religious organization. We are an independent Pentecostal church.

I can only say my church would never cover up sexual abuse of any sort. We are not however members of any religious organization. We are an independent Pentecostal church.

Every church that has sexual abuse come out said that before it came out.

Every church that has sexual abuse come out said that before it came out.
Maybe that’s true. Hard to say for sure. But I’m the pastor of my church. There’s been no failure here like what you’re describing. We’re not perfect but we live moral and ethical lives by the grace of God.

Back
Top Bottom