• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Suit Filed Against Rep. Madison Cawthorn For Violating 14th Amendment

That was perhaps one of the dumbest, full of shit, dishonest arguments ever made.
Yet that is precisely what Democrats are doing. Manufacturing crimes that nobody has been charged with, and accusing people of committing those manufactured crimes. Which, using your terminology, makes leftist filth the "dumbest, full of shit, dishonest" people alive today.

So when someone is charged with shoplifting we can go around calling them convicted murderers? :rolleyes:

That is how mentally deranged leftist filth have become.

^ Hate speech.

Stephen I. Vladeck, expert on the federal courts, constitutional law, national security law, and military justice, gives us a great insight with implications about the lawsuit against Rep Cawthorn.

if the challenge succeeds, it could become a model for similar attempts by voters in other states to seek to disqualify other members of Congress who publicly encouraged and incited — and may have privately facilitated — the violence on Jan. 6. In that respect, the Cawthorn challenge is a fascinating test case for state disqualification procedures — and for the idea that the 14th Amendment’s disqualification clause could be enforced against those involved in Jan. 6 through state elections suits.

But the Cawthorn case illustrates how the argument would go: If an individual is disqualified from serving in Congress because of an express constitutional provision, does it not follow that, in the Supreme Court’s words, they therefore fail to meet “the qualifications expressly set forth in the Constitution”? Put another way, is compliance with the disqualification clause itself one of the express qualifications for office imposed by the Constitution?

One way or the other, the challenge to Cawthorn’s candidacy could therefore have enormous implications not just for the 26-year-old first-term congressman, but for any members who played some part in the tragic and tumultuous events of last January — and for how the long-moribund disqualification clause of the 14th Amendment is enforced going forward.
You better hope the suit fails. Because if not the tactic could very well be used to take out half of the democrats in congress.

You better hope the suit fails. Because if not the tactic could very well be used to take out half of the democrats in congress.

Which Democrat invaded or supported the invasion of the Capitol, Pirate?

Nope inconvenient truth.

^ This is what doubling down on someone else's hate speech looks like. You're OK with dehumanizing people who don't agree with you politically.

Look how that's playing out in Ukraine.

Which Democrat invaded or supported the invasion of the Capitol, Pirate?
The better question is which have supported overtly insurrection and attacking elected officials and their employees. We can start with Maxine Waters and move on from there.

^ Hate speech.
Perhaps in fascist Canada, but in the US it is called free speech. I realize that is something you vehemently hate, but you will just have to get use to it or move to fascist Canada where the government can compel speech and you have no rights.

Perhaps in fascist Canada,

:LOL:

but in the US it is called free speech. I realize that is something you vehemently hate, but you will just have to get use to it or move to fascist Canada where the government can compel speech and you have no rights.

Irrelevant. Your hate speech was deliberately designed to dehumanize people to the left of you, so that you can control us like Putin (who you also like) is trying to control Ukraine.

Not going to happen. You will lose. :)

^ This is what doubling down on someone else's hate speech looks like. You're OK with dehumanizing people who don't agree with you politically.

Look how that's playing out in Ukraine.
You do that every day on this board in blatant double standard hypocrisy. As far as I am concerned you have more than earned the derision you recieve.

You do that every day on this board in blatant double standard hypocrisy. As far as I am concerned you have more than earned the derision you recieve.

And here they come. The ad hom attacks. The classic sign of running out of arguments while running your mouth. 😁

:LOL:

Irrelevant. Your hate speech was deliberately designed to dehumanize people to the left of you, so that you can control us like Putin (who you also like) is trying to control Ukraine.

Not going to happen. You will lose. :)
We will see about that this coming November. Somehow, I don't think I will be the one who loses. :cool:

We will see about that this coming November. Somehow, I don't think I will be the one who loses. :cool:

You didn't address my point.

And here they come. The ad hom attacks. The classic sign of running out of arguments while running your mouth. 😁
What attack? I said you earned the derision you receive and you are a blatant hypocrite in response to a post claiming I dehumanize people who don't agree with my positions. Perhaps you meant defence.

Running my mouth? What an interesting turn of phrase considering we are writing back and forth to each other.

What attack? I said you earned the derision you receive and you are a blatant hypocrite in response to a post claiming I dehumanize people who don't agree with my positions. Perhaps you meant defence.

My how quickly we forget the words we wrote:

So when someone is charged with shoplifting we can go around calling them convicted murderers?

That is how mentally deranged leftist filth have become.
^ Hate speech.
Nope inconvenient truth.

You agreed with the post. You support hate speech, Pirate. :) The exact kind of hate speech that your boy Putin is broadcasting over the Russian airwaves.

Have a good night.

Running my mouth? What an interesting turn of phrase considering we are writing back and forth to each other.

My how quickly we forget the words we wrote:

You agreed with the post. You support hate speech, Pirate. :) The exact kind of hate speech that your boy Putin is broadcasting over the Russian airwaves.

Have a good night.
How interesting, you think you made a point. Too bad you didnt.

Nope, I'll still support the lawsuit. Any existing or potential Congress Critter who shows signs in any fashion that supports a sedition/insurrection/coup attempts against sane presidents who support a true Democracy should not be allowed to run for government office in our United States regardless of their political party.

Yet that is precisely what Democrats are doing. Manufacturing crimes that nobody has been charged with, and accusing people of committing those manufactured crimes. Which, using your terminology, makes leftist filth the "dumbest, full of shit, dishonest" people alive today.
lol

What ****ing dumb shit, partisan drivel. Is this the best of your arguments.

Several people were charged with sedition. I know that's an inconvenient fact for you because you back the 1/6 Sedition, but you're going to have to learn to accept it.

Your deflections and denials are pathetic.

lol

What ****ing dumb shit, partisan drivel. Is this the best of your arguments.

Several people were charged with sedition. I know that's an inconvenient fact for you because you back the 1/6 Sedition, but you're going to have to learn to accept it.

Your deflections and denials are pathetic.
The last time I checked sedition was not insurrection. Or are you one of those who are incapable of determining the difference between the two crimes? Every leftist has been incapable thus far. Why are not these leftist morons calling them "seditionists" then instead of insurrectionists? Because leftist filth have lost all touch with reality and are completely insane, as the rest of the planet has already observed.

The last time I checked sedition was not insurrection. Or are you one of those who are incapable of determining the difference between the two crimes? Every leftist has been incapable thus far. Why are not these leftist morons calling them "seditionists" then instead of insurrectionists? Because leftist filth have lost all touch with reality and are completely insane, as the rest of the planet has already observed.
Rightist filth have lost track of reality and now defend and excuse sedition.

madison cawthorn was going to run in a different, safer-for-republicans, district than the district in which he is the incumbent

but then the NC courts got in the way and upended his plan

the court revised district map made his intended 13th (now identified as 14th) district campaign effort an underdog in the now democratic-leaning 14th district

as a result, he changed gears and is returning to run for a House seat from his current district 11, in which he is the incumbent

in the meantime, republicans had already to registered to vote for the seemingly unencumbered 11th district seat. looks like cawthorn may have been too clever by half in his earlier decision to change districts. he will have to run a strong campaign

and then snot wheels may not even make it to the finish line if the opposition to his candidacy prevails:
An effort to block this year's candidacy of U.S. Rep Madison Cawthorn was revived Wednesday by two new voter challenges, which question his qualifications in light of a federal constitutional prohibition against insurrectionists serving in office.

The new paperwork officially seeking Cawthorn's disqualification, presented by two voters in North Carolina's far-western 11th Congressional District, was anticipated. The first-term Republican filed to run in the 11th District earlier this week.

About a dozen voters had previously asked that election officials investigate Cawthorn after he had filed in December to run in what was then the 13th District.

Now the 13th District extends at least 150 miles further east because of redistricting moves — the latest coming last week. Citing the redrawn map, the State Board of Elections told voters that earlier challenges couldn't continue because they no longer lived in the 13th.
https://www.wfae.org/2022-03-02/onc...thorns-candidacy-for-congress-over-jan-6-ties

Off to Oz we go. The latest democratic scheme. Doomed to failure but
all the lunatics will be so excited with this phony lawsuit.

View attachment 67368484
Doomed to fail.... Yup that is just what happened!! :)

Judge blocks effort to keep Cawthorn off NC ballots​

Wilmington, N.C. — A federal judge Friday blocked an effort to keep U.S. Rep. Madison Cawthorn off North Carolina ballot this year, saying the state's election board can’t proceed with an inquiry that would have delved his role leading up to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Chief District Court Judge Richard Myers said he couldn’t allow the challenge, filed by attorneys looking to label the first-term Republican as an insurrectionist who should be legally barred from the ballot, to move forward. The courts, Myers said, must protect the soapbox, the ballot box and the jury box.

"The courts, Myers said, must protect the soapbox, the ballot box and the jury box. “When those fail, that’s when people proceed to the ammunition box,” said Myers..."

Seems like an odd thing to say since Cawthorn supported those "proceeding to the ammunition box."

Back
Top Bottom