• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Suit Filed Against Rep. Madison Cawthorn For Violating 14th Amendment

This issue is both laughable, and dead.

One thing you leftists continually forget - unsurprisingly - even though it is included in the Fourteenth Amendment, the individual right to due process under the law. Get a clue.

Not a single person has been charged with the crime of insurrection. That is entirely a diseased leftist fantasy.
Here are the criminal charges related to the 1/6 breach of the Capitol. Your post seems confused or misinformed about what happened that day.

Capitol Breach Cases

www.justice.gov

www.justice.gov

10 people charged with sedition.

46 people are charged with conspiracy.
239 people are charged with violent entry.
279 people are charged with obstruction of an official proceeding
There are170 weapons charges.
There are 145 assault charges.
There are 176 physical violence charges.

This issue is both laughable, and dead.

One thing you leftists continually forget - unsurprisingly - even though it is included in the Fourteenth Amendment, the individual right to due process under the law. Get a clue.

Not a single person has been charged with the crime of insurrection. That is entirely a diseased leftist fantasy.
Strange that those who spout "get a clue" apparently haven't yet to understand that this particular case is a test case to learn if the 14th Amendment has enough teeth to bite a scumbag politician who currently holds office. I suspect it won't prevent Cawthorn from being on the ballot, but if our Constitution proves not to be strong enough, then changes are highly needed to prevent anti-Democracy scum from reaching office - not that I actually have any faith in our lawmakers to even do that.

Here are the criminal charges related to the 1/6 breach of the Capitol. Your post seems confused or misinformed about what happened that day.

Capitol Breach Cases

www.justice.gov

www.justice.gov

10 people charged with sedition.

46 people are charged with conspiracy.
239 people are charged with violent entry.
279 people are charged with obstruction of an official proceeding
There are170 weapons charges.
There are 145 assault charges.
There are 176 physical violence charges.
Perhaps you can't read. Not a single person was charged with insurrection. Which means that no insurrection occurred, except in the warped delusional minds of leftist filth.

Strange that those who spout "get a clue" apparently haven't yet to understand that this particular case is a test case to learn if the 14th Amendment has enough teeth to bite a scumbag politician who currently holds office. I suspect it won't prevent Cawthorn from being on the ballot, but if our Constitution proves not to be strong enough, then changes are highly needed to prevent anti-Democracy scum from reaching office - not that I actually have any faith in our lawmakers to even do that.
Still missing that clue I see.

It isn't a test case, it is a laughable joke. Nobody has been convicted of anything, yet you wildly make accusations that you cannot support. This is what has become of leftist filth, they are so mentally unhinged that they don't give a damn about due process, they just want their insane fantasies to be fulfilled. Get a grip on reality, nobody is going to be barred from any ballot just because some mentally deranged leftist nutjob wants them to be.

Perhaps you can't read. Not a single person was charged with insurrection. Which means that no insurrection occurred, except in the warped delusional minds of leftist filth.
No insurrection charges. Yet.

Is that your low bar? You're good with all the other actions that day 'cause no insurrection?

Sedition, conspiracy, violent entry, obstruction of an official proceeding, weapons, assault and physical violence in the Capitol and on the US Capitol are okay with you?

Thinly veiled personal insults noted. Do better.

No insurrection charges. Yet.
Or ever. It has been more than year.

Is that your low bar? You're good with all the other actions that day 'cause no insurrection?
I realize that you are still stuck with your TDS, but you need to get a grip on reality someday.

Sedition, conspiracy, violent entry, obstruction of an official proceeding, weapons, assault and physical violence in the Capitol and on the US Capitol are okay with you?

Thinly veiled personal insults noted. Do better.
Yet you still can't seem to grasp that not a single person has ever been charged with insurrection, and none every will despite your TDS. That is called "reality." Which is clearly a foreign concept to you.

I would do much better, but as you know I'm being censored by this forum. Just the way your leftist ilk likes it.

Or ever. It has been more than year.

I realize that you are still stuck with your TDS, but you need to get a grip on reality someday.

Yet you still can't seem to grasp that not a single person has ever been charged with insurrection, and none every will despite your TDS. That is called "reality." Which is clearly a foreign concept to you.

I would do much better, but as you know I'm being censored by this forum. Just the way your leftist ilk likes it.
Is it possible for you to respond without using logical fallacies? You have attempted again to avoid the facts about what happened that day by bleating about insurrection and tossing out thinly veiled personal insults.

I don't care about your fairy tales about what you think about me or your whines about censorship. I care about facts. It's obvious from your comments that you don't.

(y)Thanks goes out to the 11 NC 'patriotic' voters who filled this lawsuit against the 1/6 insurrection coordinator listed in it. May this lawsuit be a trendsetter of many more lawsuits against those who violate the 14th Amendment for the same reason that Rep Cawthorn did. Now, continue to do your job 1/6 Committee.

View attachment 67368465
A group of 11 North Carolina voters filed a legal challenge to disqualify Rep. Madison Cawthorn from running for a second term, arguing his involvement in a rally preceding the Jan. 6, 2021, riot on Capitol Hill constitutionally bars him from waging another campaign.

Lawyers for the 11 voters filed the suit to the State Board of Elections, contending that Cawthorn's comments in the speech shortly preceding the insurrection violate the 14th Amendment, which states in part that no person "who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress ... to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same."

"As set forth in our complaint, the publicly available evidence, including Representative Cawthorn's own statements and reports that he or his office coordinated with the January 6 organizers, establish reasonable suspicion that Representative Cawthorn aided the insurrection, thereby disqualifying him from federal office. We look forward to asking him about his involvement under oath," said Ron Fein, legal director of Free Speech For People.
Tremendous! I was wondering how this may work, there is no enforcement mechanism in the law, and the 14th doesn't require arrest or conviction...only participation.

You should tell someone. If someone is murdered and no one is arrested for it there's no murder? In addition, what is your source for the statute of limitations on insurrection charges being a year?

Actually, we know precisely where this law suit will go: Absolutely nowhere.

You see there is a little thing in the US we call evidence. Before you can prove anyone guilty of insurrection you must first provide evidence that convinces a jury beyond any reasonable doubt (since insurrection is criminal and not civil). Failure to do this means you will accomplish nothing. Without a conviction for insurrection the Fourteenth Amendment doesn't apply. Since no one has been charged with insurrection, much less convicted, you cannot prevent anyone from running for reelection.
This is not a criminal suit. Your lack of understanding of our system of jurisprudence is obvious in most of your posts, but this one puts an exclamation point on it. I'd rather be leftist filth than righty ignorance.

Read the 14th. Tell me where it says there must be an arrest.

Still missing that clue I see.

It isn't a test case, it is a laughable joke. Nobody has been convicted of anything, yet you wildly make accusations that you cannot support. This is what has become of leftist filth, they are so mentally unhinged that they don't give a damn about due process, they just want their insane fantasies to be fulfilled. Get a grip on reality, nobody is going to be barred from any ballot just because some mentally deranged leftist nutjob wants them to be.
The radical R cheesedicks can't even get out of their own heads for all to see, when presenting their temper tantrum versions of obvious bs trolling. For those readers and members on the wrong side of history embracing the 1/6 Capitol assault, it was even stated in the article posted in the op that this would be a test case for those lawyers using the 14th Amendment to keep Cawthorn off the ballot for the obvious reasons. For the especially difficult to comprehend, I'll once again repeat my position. I highly doubt that this case will prove out but I do support the effort to try. There's plenty of slacked jawed wannabe traitors slushing about in Congress as it is without aiming somewhat higher for better replacements to bring that number down some. Regardless, I'm already prepared for a futuristic world, US specifically, filled with ignorant assholes.

Is it possible for you to respond without using logical fallacies? You have attempted again to avoid the facts about what happened that day by bleating about insurrection and tossing out thinly veiled personal insults.

I don't care about your fairy tales about what you think about me or your whines about censorship. I care about facts. It's obvious from your comments that you don't.
Is it possible for you to cope with reality? Or do you regularly go around accusing people of crimes that were never committed? Your TDS is in full bloom. Seek professional help.

You should tell someone. If someone is murdered and no one is arrested for it there's no murder? In addition, what is your source for the statute of limitations on insurrection charges being a year?
That is correct. If they are not charged with the crime, then they cannot be accused of the crime. Particularly by mentally deranged leftist filth who have completely lost their grip on reality.

Nobody has ever been charged with insurrection, and nobody ever will despite your irrational and mentally unhinged desires. Once again, your TDS is showing.

This is not a criminal suit. Your lack of understanding of our system of jurisprudence is obvious in most of your posts, but this one puts an exclamation point on it. I'd rather be leftist filth than righty ignorance.

Read the 14th. Tell me where it says there must be an arrest.
The Fourteenth Amendment requires due process of law, which leftist filth are ignoring as usual and as expected. You are either ignorant of what that means, or just don't care like your leftist ilk. If you are going to accuse anyone of insurrection the US Constitution requires that evidence be presented before the court to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the accused is guilty. Since you cannot do any of that, then any attempt to prevent them from getting on the ballot is futile. Yet another leftist fantasy by the mentally unhinged nutjobs who are still stuck in their TDS.

That is correct. If they are not charged with the crime, then they cannot be accused of the crime. Particularly by mentally deranged leftist filth who have completely lost their grip on reality.

Nobody has ever been charged with insurrection, and nobody ever will despite your irrational and mentally unhinged desires. Once again, your TDS is showing.
You know nothing Jon Snow.

The Fourteenth Amendment requires due process of law, which leftist filth are ignoring as usual and as expected. You are either ignorant of what that means, or just don't care like your leftist ilk. If you are going to accuse anyone of insurrection the US Constitution requires that evidence be presented before the court to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the accused is guilty. Since you cannot do any of that, then any attempt to prevent them from getting on the ballot is futile. Yet another leftist fantasy by the mentally unhinged nutjobs who are still stuck in their TDS.
? And what exactly is this lawsuit providing? Due process.

Did you stop reading the 14th there ar are you just ignoring the part that talks about the substance of the lawsuit. I'll say it again...I'd way rather be leftist filth than right ignorant.

? And what exactly is this lawsuit providing? Due process.

Did you stop reading the 14th there ar are you just ignoring the part that talks about the substance of the lawsuit. I'll say it again...I'd way rather be leftist filth than right ignorant.
The law suit isn't providing due process, it is ignoring it. The law suit seeks to keep someone off a ballot for a crime for which they have never even been charged, much less convicted. That is the opposite of due process. That is known as a lynch mob.

Is it possible for you to cope with reality? Or do you regularly go around accusing people of crimes that were never committed? Your TDS is in full bloom. Seek professional help.
This thread is not about me. Is it possible for you to respond to my comments without resorting to logical fallacies and insults?

Last edited:
The law suit isn't providing due process, it is ignoring it. The law suit seeks to keep someone off a ballot for a crime for which they have never even been charged, much less convicted. That is the opposite of due process. That is known as a lynch mob.
How long can you continue to ignore the wording of the 14th? The entire 14th...

Several got charged with sedition though.

So when someone is charged with shoplifting we can go around calling them convicted murderers? :rolleyes:

That is how mentally deranged leftist filth have become.
That was perhaps one of the dumbest, full of shit, dishonest arguments ever made.

This is all they have? Nuisance suits?
That is all you have? Ignorant rebuttals?

Have you figured out the difference between Apple and Android yet?

Back
Top Bottom