• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sudan woman faces stoning for charges of adultery

Typically the western left is very reluctant when it comes to confronting Islam. The barbarism of Islam is either explained away, blamed on others, or the discussion simply diverted to something else.

Typically, the right ignores their own faith's history pretending to be good guys.

Typically, the right ignores their own faith's history pretending to be good guys.

Guilty as charged. I am a Roman Catholic, and I believe Roman Catholicism should be made to answer for its canons where they are in conflict with acceptable norms. I dont even pretend to be the good guy. Why are you trying to pretend away Islam's own crimes?

A Sudanese woman has been sentenced to death by stoning after she was convicted of adultery Wednesday.

Maryam Alsyed Tiyrab, 20 — who was arrested last month in the West Nile state on adultery charges — was tried without access to a lawyer, the Guardian reported.

Several human rights activists blasted the stoning penalty as a clear violation of domestic and international law.
================================================
This is a fine example of Sharia law & why we don't have to worry about it coming here.
Wait til the R's have control...you've got to know that one of those idiots think this is a good idea.

To back up your praise perhaps you would kindly provide a list of all the women who have been stoned to death - for adultery or any other reason - in Texas.

Turns out there were too many horse apples so they used lynching instead.
Do you need a list of the lynchings?

Typically the western left is very reluctant when it comes to confronting Islam.

Typically agenda driven RW-ers try to paint with a broad brush as a means of deflecting from their Dominionism.

Typically agenda driven RW-ers try to paint with a broad brush as a means of deflecting from their Dominionism.

So can we address the issue of culpability of the Sudanese woman's pending stoning?

Guilty as charged. I am a Roman Catholic, and I believe Roman Catholicism should be made to answer for its canons where they are in conflict with acceptable norms. I dont even pretend to be the good guy. Why are you trying to pretend away Islam's own crimes?

What in my posts told you that? (I at no time gave anyone a pass, you are reaching and failing doing so.)

So can we address the issue of culpability of the Sudanese woman's pending stoning?

I cannot wait to hear how you think she is deserving of "culpability" in about to being stoned to death.

What in my posts told you that? (I at no time gave anyone a pass, you are reaching and failing doing so.)

Not you particularly. But clearly a woman is about to be stoned. Clearly the stoning is ordained by a specific canon, in a specific religion. Why doesnt Islam get into the dock and answer for its canons? Let Islam answer for its canons, and other religions answer for their own canons. To toss everyone into the dock over what is specifically Islamic is what I have a problem with

I cannot wait to hear how you think she is deserving of "culpability" in about to being stoned to death.

Maybe she offended Catholicism? Or Buddhism? Or Shintoism? Who is responsible for the canon under which she is facing lapidation?

They do worship Allah. And Allah appears to be quite a fascinating character
For those who find imaginary homicidal maniacs fascinating, Allah, aka god, is indeed a person of interest.

Better watch out. You may be accused of Islamophobia
Justly so. Islam frightens me, just as it should all who value freedom.

Imagine is a woman got pregnant out of wedlock. Can easily see that getting close to the agenda in some freedom suppressing states. Right after making being gay a crime. The good news is that they won't have to waste money writing new laws, they can just resurrect some from 200 years ago and leave out the slavery parts (maybe).

Welcome to religion running government.
What better example does one need to demonstrate the importance of the separation of church and state? Theocracies suck!

Because they follow the Abrahamistic God.

But how do you know it is the same? Mind you we dont know in an empirical sense there is a deity in the first place. So we are talking about propositions on unknowns. Given that the Christian and Islamic Propositions on their respective deities do conflict fundamentally on certain points, what are your grounds for concluding both unknowns are one and the same?

But how do you know it is the same? Mind you we dont know in an empirical sense there is a deity in the first place. So we are talking about propositions on unknowns. Given that the Christian and Islamic Propositions on their respective deities do conflict fundamentally on certain points, what are your grounds for concluding both unknowns are one and the same?
Because all 3 monotheistic religions begin and/or are based on the OT, believing that God spoke to Abraham, as a common point.

Because all 3 monotheistic religions begin and/or are based on the OT, believing that God spoke to Abraham, as a common point.

It is not commonality that establishes two unknowns as same unknown. It is the absence of conflict in their fundamental definitions and attributes. The Islamic Proposition rejects the divinity of Christ.

Back
Top Bottom